Soc meeting (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Oh this is where you get to discuss things about a football club you have no control over? Does it make everyone feel better at the end?

Sorry chaps. :wave:

coop

Why do people slag other people off just because they want to try and do something about the way the clubs run.Good luck to You all

gary_ccfcforever

What am i doing??? Im running coaches to reading on saturday at a reduced rate to try to encourage people to get behind the team and cheer us on to some much needed away points. WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

gary_ccfcforever

We've bought the clubs plight to the attention of the national and world media to put isus under the spotlight... will we take the credit when sisu finally leave? no but i'd rather do something proactive to try to give them a nudge in the right direction.

What am i doing??? Im running coaches to reading on saturday at a reduced rate to try to encourage people to get behind the team and cheer us on to some much needed away points. WHAT ARE YOU DOING????
Well, im paying for my box each home game and continuously buying merchandise from the club shop. Giving SISU a nice bit of dough for a nice send off at the end of the season when they leave :)

SO how many people are taking on the coach 40/50? maybe more? Won't make a difference, still only 1,000 match tickets sold for this massive back the boys campaign.

wingy

Well, im paying for my box each home game and continuously buying merchandise from the club shop. Giving SISU a nice bit of dough for a nice send off at the end of the season when they leave :)

SO how many people are taking on the coach 40/50? maybe more? Won't make a difference, still only 1,000 match tickets sold for this massive back the boys campaign.
Pathetic Tosser Big yourself up twat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

While we're on the subject of coaches ,

does anyone else get pissed off with that jobsworth coach driver assistant who walks up and down the coach with a pack of morrisons custard creams for his "friends" , he always checks me and makes an arsehole comment.

gary_ccfcforever

i appreciate people disagreeing with what we are doing, but to come on here and say to other city fans 'i hope you all die'? what kind of sick bastard are you??

Ive bought three shirts and a season ticket this season too.. so what??

We have 4 coaches so far possibly 5, if we take 1300 its better than the 700 we would probably take normally.

i appreciate people disagreeing with what we are doing, but to come on here and say to other city fans 'i hope you all die'? what kind of sick bastard are you??

Ive bought three shirts and a season ticket this season too.. so what??

We have 4 coaches so far possibly 5, if we take 1300 its better than the 700 we would probably take normally.
I don't think you understand, I've brought 8 shirts(Long names on the back and double-figured numbers on each) and well, I dont need a season ticket, I have a box for the next 4 years. Jeez! how big are these coaches if between 4/5 600 people will be on them?!

gary_ccfcforever

icon1.png
Perfect time to boycott.

Don't shoot me down, just an idea.

Hear so much about boycotting league games, this will never happen. However, for cup games season tickets cant be counted by default so it will have a much better effect.

Much rather watch Tamworth at Everton!​

Skyblueweeman

Chaps...it should never be a case of 'i'm out doing you for the love of the club'.

You're both doing your bit, in differing formats and there'll be people who don't get one or the other.

But surely we all want the same thing right? A CCFC in existence?!

Let's all have a love in, you two do your respective things with your respective followers and we'll all just get worked up over rumours that leave us salivating for another few days...then a few more....then a few more....(repeat as appropriate)...

Peace and love,

WM

:claping hands:

gally9

I actually applaud soc for what they're doing, doesn't mean I think it will make a difference and that's why I have abstained from getting involved. However, i don't believe they should be abused like they have in this thread. "hope you all die" is a very juvenile thing to say even in jest, especially in response to a subject the recipients of the joke feel so passionate about.

I use to sit by Gary and quite honestly say he is one of the most vocal and passionate supporters out there, and if he only managed to get 5 more people at the game on Saturday, then good on him.

@richh87

i did fall for that one to be fair, its not the sort of thing you put on a forum though is it?

The stick you recieve from fans for trying to do something to make a difference though is just unbelievable.

It is unbelievable that City fans would criticize people trying to get SISU to piss off and stop killing our club.

There's a horrible side to City's support that is so pessimistic and bitter that they spend their time ridiculing their own club and almost enjoy being able to say "i told you so" when things go wrong.

Paxman II

I compliment Gary on arranging coach trips to the game and that's a good thing.

My original point was specific to SOC. You form 'groups' like this to try and have a say on how you think the club should be representing itself. Firstly who are you and what qualifies you to make such suggestion and secondly please don't do say in the name of the majority of supporters - unless of course more than 10,000 come to your meetings!

There is no better way of disapproving with the football club than by staying away? people have the greatest option of all to vote their 'opinion' with their feet.

skyblueiom

I just find some of the posters on here absolutely unbelieveable. 99% of supporters want SISU out, and when people try and do something to get them out - giving EVERYONE an opportunity to have their say - they are targeted with abuse and snide comments.

Yes, people have differing views and opinions on things, but I havent seen anyone else make a real effort to get fans together and do something different. Instead its best just to slag people off and do fuck all.

Fans that stay away, are having their say, and who can blame people not wanting to pay through the nose for a shit product when its hard enough paying a mortgage and keeping food on the table? Theyre not disloyal, theyve had years and years and years of dross.

Would have thought living in a city that was totally destroyed in the war would have meant a little extra spirit from the inhabitants......

So hats off to all those that have made an effort to make a difference.

Last edited:

ccfcway

well, to chip into this, I am doing NOTHING !!

We are in an entertainment business, like it or not. Its supply and demand. If no-one went, they would have to rethink, even if we went under and started at the Memorial park, I would then return and enjoy it again...

I havent been to the ricoh for 18 months and will not set foot inside it until they are gone. Away games only for me !

They are quite simply not getting 1p off me.

cloughie

Pathetic Tosser Big yourself up twat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

I couldn,t agree more Wingy. The poster is the most pathetic sad idiot I have seen on here.

Probably doesn't even go really

Brighton Sky Blue

Criticise the man all you want, he's got 4 extra coaches' worth of fans to follow the City to an away match-and when a lot of us are agreeing it's an important time to be backing the team and showing support, here some people are putting the guy down when he's done exactly that. Unbelievable.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Criticise the man all you want, he's got 4 extra coaches' worth of fans to follow the City to an away match-and when a lot of us are agreeing it's an important time to be backing the team and showing support, here some people are putting the guy down when he's done exactly that. Unbelievable.

I imagine it's a good few more than just those on the SOC coaches.

I wouldn't normally go to Reading away, but 2 of us will be heading there from Shropshire and meeting up with 3 of the family from London at the game.

Brighton Sky Blue

I imagine it's a good few more than just those on the SOC coaches.

I wouldn't normally go to Reading away, but 2 of us will be heading there from Shropshire and meeting up with 3 of the family from London at the game.

Wouldn't surprise me, just it's difficult quantifying that sort of thing. I'm going partly because Reading's a relatively short journey, but this 'Back the Boys' stuff makes it stand out a bit from a regular away fixture.

Paxman II

A final word on this. I do not criticise gary's efforts and the extra coaches and fans he has drummed up to support the City. genuniely fantastic!

My criticism is of the organisation known as SOC.

Also everyone assumes we 'ALL' want SISU gone? May I just say while I dislike how they have operated and what has become of our proud club I can not 100% hand on heart say they should go. Simple reason is we have no other alternative. We need to find it in ourselves to support their current efforts (after making such a mess of it) in turning it around. Simply blindly taking the stance they should go won't help. How I hope we can get some new investors but while we wait for the dream ticket to happen think we should stop the divisive action (such as SOC) and simply support the club.

J

Jack Griffin

Tommorrow 8pm hen lane social club. All welcome

Lost my respect when you changed tack to a SISU out only platform, that is just mindless.

There has to be a clear sucession strategy. I want them out too, but even more than that I want the debts cleared and good owners to take over. If it takes 5 years of SISU pain to get the club in the black, so be it!

A final word on this. I do not criticise gary's efforts and the extra coaches and fans he has drummed up to support the City. genuniely fantastic!

My criticism is of the organisation known as SOC.

Also everyone assumes we 'ALL' want SISU gone? May I just say while I dislike how they have operated and what has become of our proud club I can not 100% hand on heart say they should go. Simple reason is we have no other alternative. We need to find it in ourselves to support their current efforts (after making such a mess of it) in turning it around. Simply blindly taking the stance they should go won't help. How I hope we can get some new investors but while we wait for the dream ticket to happen think we should stop the divisive action (such as SOC) and simply support the club.

No alternative means no option, well said.

georgehudson

In the current morass OUR club finds itself in I just wish for a level of common sense to prevail.
Our current controllers of the club, (we still don't know who the owners are) seem content to be infinitely non-communicative, this has lead to all manner of protests against them.
Furthermore the controllers have promised much and delivered little.
Fans of CCFC are thus, right to be indignant at the way they / and the club have been treated.
Prudence in financial dealings seems to have been taken to an absurd level, we, as such, now stare relegation firmly in the face.
Modest speculation to accumulate seems to have been abandoned years ago.
We have endured, & continue to endure, a succession of persons, in the power seats who clearly know so very little about football.
It is for the reasons above that I would support any collective effort to rid ourselves of the 'blight' of our controllers.
Do the investors / owners know how their money is being abused and frittered away ?
PUSB

@richh87

May I just say while I dislike how they have operated and what has become of our proud club I can not 100% hand on heart say they should go. Simple reason is we have no other alternative.

No alternative means no option, well said.

I'm confused. What the hell is this "no alternative" bollocks going on? Have you both been in a coma while Hoffman opened talks?

Does he need to bring the proposal and backers round to your house for a cup of tea and talk things over with you before you'll believe it?

If it's all so fictional where's the SISU statement saying it was a load of shit?

I am genuinely confused by people saying there's no alternative. Bizarre.

torchomatic

Well, until SISU actually accept the offer, real or not, then unfortunately there isn't an alternative.

EleanorRigby

According to a well known local radio broadcaster the Hoffman deal is very near to fruition, be patient. That will disapoint a few on here.

Users who are viewing this thread