So, you'd rather go to the ricoh? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Good positive thread all round.

Nice to see something positive for a change.

I'm up for it. If it could gather momentum and thousands turned up it would be quite embarrassing for Sisu and would I'm sure get as much press as the game itself.

Snozz_is_god

Get the (ACL) Ricoh to put on a game old boy elven against another old boys eleven or something, open the stadium, charge £3 to get in, you would get a few thousand I'm sure

jimmyhillsfanclub

It should be called 'home is where the heart is '

The heart of the club being the fans.

The home of the club......well... You get it...right?

Otis

Or 'Home from home.'

Double meaning then. Both 'home' and away from this so called 'new home.'

Buster

Just caught the thread. Great idea!
I can hear the Sky Blue song in the jaguar hall now! Got goose bumps (I'm too old to get this excited before 8 on a Friday morning . Ask to Billy Bell comp it . Ask snoz to speak .ask other dignitaries .
Put a screen up. Possibilities are endless. . Make it work someone !

Bigelvesy

Ive mentioned the idea to the trust, they are looking into the idea. No confirmation yay or nay yet so lets sit tight

Lets keep this thread going, mention the idea to your mates and get their opinions, ask them if they would be interested.
Spread the word to fans,

But lets wait for an official response from the trust either way before setting up a campaign. Lets do this properly and in turn we should have a very very good chance of a very very good turnout.
We've got plenty of time so lets sit tight.
I honestly feel the media will jump all over this as it is such a more positive stance than any "protest". Would show a real unity in the fans that may have been missing so far!

you're an idiot

I have to confess I've been a "stay away" fan for a few years ever since the fun of my "hobby" was taken away. However, finally something genuinely constructive and i will endeavour to drag along friends and family as this is a great way of generating publicity and support! I even saw the Ricoh bus yesterday that used to do the route from some pub in coundon to the arena and thought to myself it would earn a song going to Northampton. How about we contact them ti do pickups from broadgate to the ricoh yo generate even more support from the city of Coventry?

6 Generations

I'm not tbh, but not because I have a particular problem with them, just always prefered to go it alone. Was it Woody Allen that said; 'I would not want to any club who would have someone like me as a member' Yes please send it if you would.
That was a quote from Groucho

BurbageSkyBlues

For this to work, the event has to be something that is relatively easy and quick to set up, something that reduces the dependency on co ordination and legalities ( safety, etc) .

Would it be possible, perhaps, to get a giant screen erected and then show a re-run of the 1987 FA cup campaign, or maybe just the final, something like the video that was made for the JPT story, perhaps?

Maybe we can contact ACL and they have the ability to sort this out quickly?

Imagine the media coverage that this would get - thousands of Coventry fans go to the arena to watch a rerun of the 87 cup final, have a great family day out, in a clear message of protest to the FL and Sisu.

Pusb

Sky Blues

Get the (ACL) Ricoh to put on a game old boy elven against another old boys eleven or something, open the stadium, charge £3 to get in, you would get a few thousand I'm sure

I'd love to see the team of '87 play the team of '97.

Can I also suggest that someone start up a fund, and as unpopular as that might be with some, the Trust are best placed to do it because of the legal framework they have in place. Any money raised from great ideas such as this party at the Ricoh can go into it. I'd suggest the money be held in trust until either:

a) it is needed to buy the rights to the Coventry City name and badge should that ever be sold off as part of a liquidation, or
b) if we get new owners, to make a contribution towards the club's academy.

That way everyone can feel the money they spend will eventually support Coventry City FC.

mark82

I'd love to see the team of '87 play the team of '97.

Can I also suggest that someone start up a fund, and as unpopular as that might be with some, the Trust are best placed to do it because of the legal framework they have in place. Any money raised from great ideas such as this party at the Ricoh can go into it. I'd suggest the money be held in trust until either:

a) it is needed to buy the rights to the Coventry City name and badge should that ever be sold off as part of a liquidation, or
b) if we get new owners, to make a contribution towards the club's academy.

That way everyone can feel the money they spend will eventually support Coventry City FC.

Great idea. Could be the start of a fighting fund. 2 very similar threads ongoing here

SkyBlueSwiss

FANTASTIC !

Make it a family day out so the wags and kids can come. Make it a fiver each and kids free to help provide fighting funds to the Trust.

Tell you what, if this comes off I will book a flight and be there!

bamalamafizzfazz

This is a really good idea,

I'm confused on the time though.

Is this to be at the same time as we play our first game at Sixfields? This is most likely to be a week night as NT are at home on August 10th. If so we need the audio of the match as a priority.

Or... would this take place on the Saturday 10th August at 3pm regardless as this is when we should have been at the Ricoh anyway for the Bristol City home game?

If this is the case I think it would have far more impact if we were inside the Ricoh than outside with a load of disposable barbecues.

We should look to hire a space like the Jaguar Hall and have all sorts of family entertainment like big screens, meet old players etc, a five a side tournament maybe, face painting etc.

It's a lot to organise in a short space of time but it's the only thing that's going ti get a buy in from the fans if done this way especially if the actual City game isn't on at the same time.

mark82

This is a really good idea,

I'm confused on the time though.

Is this to be at the same time as we play our first game at Sixfields? This is most likely to be a week night as NT are at home on August 10th. If so we need the audio of the match as a priority.

Or... would this take place on the Saturday 10th August at 3pm regardless as this is when we should have been at the Ricoh anyway for the Bristol City home game?

If this is the case I think it would have far more impact if we were inside the Ricoh than outside with a load of disposable barbecues.

We should look to hire a space like the Jaguar Hall and have all sorts of family entertainment like big screens, meet old players etc, a five a side tournament maybe, face painting etc.

It's a lot to organise in a short space of time but it's the only thing that's going ti get a buy in from the fans if done this way especially if the actual City game isn't on at the same time.

We need to put our own game on. Could maybe follow it up with an event staged "outside".

Manchester_sky_blue

Someone needs to talk to ACL about the possibility of being allowed inside the ground.........

Actually if they were clever about this they could make money on it, charge a couple of quid to come in, lay on some entertainment, music, food, family fun, penalty shoot outs on the pitch etc and have the radio commentary of the game piped through. Sky Blue fans still at the Ricoh for every "home" game.

Maybe even let the CCFC supporters team play their games there. Ok so they arent going to make a fortune off it but what else are they going to do with the place and it would prove a point.

Bigelvesy

As stated before,
Ive contacted the trust.

Personally, i think the principle should be that we are at the ricoh and listening to the game that way, we are supporting our team at the ground we believe they should be in, and refusing to travel to northampton.
I agree a "family fun day" or something similiar could be run, and hiring/use of the jaguar exhibition hall, with the game pumped through the speakers and sky sports news on the projector, food and drink available, everyone dressed as if they were at the game, could be an incredible event.

Maybe small fundraising ideas however i think the emphasis should be on getting as many people to the ricoh on that day, out numbering the amount of people that went to sixfields.

If this kicks off, and get the attention it deserves, we MUST all come together and get behind it. The minute more people turn up to 6fields than the ricoh, we are a laughing stock to sisu

mark82

You may not get the rights to broadcast the commentary live at such an event. A CCFC old boys game may be better.

Manchester_sky_blue

As stated before,
Ive contacted the trust.

Personally, i think the principle should be that we are at the ricoh and listening to the game that way, we are supporting our team at the ground we believe they should be in, and refusing to travel to northampton.
I agree a "family fun day" or something similiar could be run, and hiring/use of the jaguar exhibition hall, with the game pumped through the speakers and sky sports news on the projector, food and drink available, everyone dressed as if they were at the game, could be an incredible event.

Maybe small fundraising ideas however i think the emphasis should be on getting as many people to the ricoh on that day, out numbering the amount of people that went to sixfields.

If this kicks off, and get the attention it deserves, we MUST all come together and get behind it. The minute more people turn up to 6fields than the ricoh, we are a laughing stock to sisu

The only way to get big crowds there is to make it family friendly and make it cheap. I know what you are saying about the emphasis being on listening to the game at the Ricoh thereby proving the ridiculousness of playing outside the city but our crowds have been dwindling for ages and stay away fans are not going to be tempted back unless its something fun they can bring the family too. If you could get a crowd in there bigger than our average attendances for last season that would make a huge statement.

Manchester_sky_blue

You may not get the rights to broadcast the commentary live at such an event. A CCFC old boys game may be better.

Isn't it the council that dole out broadcast and public entertainment licenses? Can't see that being too hard to get! :D After all you would only be piping the radio feed through the speakers.

mark82

The only way to get big crowds there is to make it family friendly and make it cheap. I know what you are saying about the emphasis being on listening to the game at the Ricoh thereby proving the ridiculousness of playing outside the city but our crowds have been dwindling for ages and stay away fans are not going to be tempted back unless its something fun they can bring the family too. If you could get a crowd in there bigger than our average attendances for last season that would make a huge statement.

Exactly, and the way to do it would be to have a football match. CCFC would have to agree to a public broadcast of the game so that won't happen. We need to put on a charity match.

Bigelvesy

This could be the case, however this is something that can be looked into once the campaign has begun and details finalised.

mark82

Isn't it the council that dole out broadcast and public entertainment licenses? Can't see that being too hard to get! :D After all you would only be piping the radio feed through the speakers.

No. I think it would have to be agreed by the club. Same reason I can't listen to Coventry games for free in Yorkshire.

Plus, not sure people would turn up in numbers for something they could do at home.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, and the way to do it would be to have a football match. CCFC would have to agree to a public broadcast of the game so that won't happen. We need to put on a charity match.

That takes the focus off CCFC though, I would want to go to listen to the game and have a pint. If I wanted to watch somebody else play I'd just go and watch some non league :(

mark82

Plus home games are likely to be moved due to clashes so would end up having to stage a radio listen in on a Friday night.

I could see a charity protest match with CCFC old boys coming close to filling the ground with the right publicity.

Nick

Administrator

Surely the Ricoh in some way would have some sort of license like that any way for functions and the hotel etc?

Manchester_sky_blue

No. I think it would have to be agreed by the club. Same reason I can't listen to Coventry games for free in Yorkshire.

Plus, not sure people would turn up in numbers for something they could do at home.

Yes but anyone living in the Cov area can get the radio feed, if you wanted to play it at the Ricoh all you would need is a public entertainment license, its no different to having the radio on in a pub in Cov.

mark82

If its come to the Ricoh to listen to the radio on a Friday night I'm out. Just not logistically possible with where I live. Suspect it would end up with a few hundred there.

mark82

Yes but anyone living in the Cov area can get the radio feed, if you wanted to play it at the Ricoh all you would need is a public entertainment license, its no different to having the radio on in a pub in Cov.

I'll take your word for it. I'm certainly no expert in these things. Just think it is the wrong direction to go personally but if others think it is right I will support it, albeit from afar.

Users who are viewing this thread