So who do we want? (1 Viewer)

matesx

Nigel Adkins

covey1987

Who will be stupid enough to pick up the poison chalice!! Why would any manager want to put himself forward to work with Tim & Joy?

kg82

I'll give you the options which might be good and then I'll tell you who we're getting -

My choices:
Nigel Adkins
Billy Davies
Uwe Rosler
Huge outside bet - Lambert

Who we'll get:
Hockaday

skybluepm2

I fear that who we want and who we will get are unfortunately going to be 2 different prospects. I can't see the club being adventurous enough than to employ Hockaday on a full time basis. They love someone who can nurture the young players and if he wins a couple of games in the next month SISU will be blinded by the new manager bounce and offer him a 4 year deal.

I am however very happy and it feels that a weight has finally been lifted by Pressley's departure. Exciting speculating although it will probably come to nothing. I will give it 10 minutes before the 'Eric Black for me' shouts start ;)

matesx

Rosler is a good shout

but like you say we all know it will be DH "till the end of the season"

cheap option

dongonzalos

You need someone who will tell it as it is and not toe the party line. However they would not be employed so

Alternatively you need someone who can make it work on an absolute shoes string and an ever changing squad and goal posts

Gary Johnson for me

Danceswithhorses

Hockaday will be our new manager as he is cheap, just like the rest of our squad.
It's the SISU masterplan, utilising their vast footballing expertise.

Last edited:

Jackoskyblue

After Hock and McFarlane the favourites are

Di Canio
Lee Johnson
Shaun Derry
Mark Cooper
Rosler
Billy Davies
Gary Mac
Stuart Pearce

torchomatic

There's a few around at the moment, aren't there? However I can see a Hockaday until the end of the season scenario.

Weird that MacFarlane is still here. I thought him and Pressley went hand in hand.

SkyBlueSid

Maybe Waggott will appoint himself Director of Football, Hockaday as Head Coach and MacFarlane putting the cones out.

Moff

I'll give you the options which might be good and then I'll tell you who we're getting -

My choices:
Nigel Adkins
Billy Davies
Uwe Rosler
Huge outside bet - Lambert

Who we'll get:
Hockaday

Spot on post. There will be lots of names banded around, with Darren fergusoan now added by a few, but who the hell would want to take this poisened job under the current regime, and lets face it why would our owners pay more than peanuts, so Hockaday must be odds on.

skybluepm2

Billy Davies would relish the challenge, I would be amazed if we got him to be honest. Our owners just aren't ambitious enough. Gary Johnson is far more realistic. Micky Adams 2nd stint?? ;)

torchomatic

As the majority of SBT was baying for his blood it would be interesting to see who we all want. Can someone organise a poll or something?

rupert_bear

Depends what the future holds. If it is with sisu, Waggott and co it will probably be this Hockaday fella, if someone else is in the wings then who ? We need someone to grab the club lock, stock and barrel by the neck and turn it around, that will not happen with Steve Waggott calling the shots and old pro's won't work with him either, his reputation will be well known, the man is an idiot. Who would I have daft as it sounds although pushing 65 Joe Royal could be ideal with a young guy with him. Of the unemployed ones Uwe Rosler but I can't see him coming with sisu and Waggott, would you ?

kg82

Do you know what the really sad thing is? Fans will genuinely think this could be a new start. We could go and get a decent manager, save ourselves this season and give it a go at promotion next season. Speculating on who the next manager will be exciting for them. And then the reality will hit home and any "feel good factor" they might have been hoping for will be flushed down the toilet, until the next time we sack the manager.

Otis

It has to be the dream ticket of Richard Keys and Michael Byng.

It would be no problem when things start getting a little hairy and we'll also have a team full of fat, bald, beer bellied Chinese businessmen who all demand being in the match day squad.

wal3590

Mark Warburton from brentford! They are releasing him at the end of the season anyway for some bizarre reason

Users who are viewing this thread