So who do we think will be leaving ? (1 Viewer)

better days

Everything we know is that Robins is one of the least sentimental managers in the business. He has no favourites (except possibly Kelly). His dealing with the goalkeeper situation was very direct. I would be gobsmacked if he believed players like Allen or Max are good enough, but they have to work with what they have. That's the job.
Not even Kelly

Brighton Sky Blue

From the players we own who played a part this season, I'd only keep Hamer, Dabo, Walker and Eccles. Maybe Wilson as a number 2 but not arsed.

I'd try to get Ostigard and James back on a perm/another loan.

You strike me as the kind of dude who orders pineapple and Nutella pizzas then goes 'what?' when wiping the brown off your face

Sky Blue Pete

Can absolutely see the club taking the option on hyam. I think it’s 50:50 on mcfadzean and Kelly. I think it unlikely Biamou will get another contract or any other player out of contract.

Fully expect James to be pursued and signed and the Brighton loanees but not signed

We’ll spend money on a hamer sized deal and pick up 5 out of contract players with championship experience of the right age and maybe a couple of experienced heads too.

Pretty hopeful of progressing and having an extra 2 weeks to get started may be pivotal

Brighton Sky Blue

Can absolutely see the club taking the option on hyam. I think it’s 50:50 on mcfadzean and Kelly. I think it unlikely Biamou will get another contract or any other player out of contract.

Fully expect James to be pursued and signed and the Brighton loanees but not signed

We’ll spend money on a hamer sized deal and pick up 5 out of contract players with championship experience of the right age and maybe a couple of experienced heads too.

Pretty hopeful of progressing and having an extra 2 weeks to get started may be pivotal

Which position would you prioritise for a 7 figure sum?

oakey

I find it interesting that many contemplate selling Godden but not Dabo. For me they are in the same place - superb in L1, injury plagued but glimpses of quality in the Championship.
I like them both but ...
Neither are untouchable IMO

Magwitch1

Over the years the top managers have made the goalkeeper position and centre-forward their priority saving points, winning points and if either position is found wanting splash the cash to replace them. We would certainly have more points had we had better here this season.

shmmeee

I find it interesting that many contemplate selling Godden but not Dabo. For me they are in the same place - superb in L1, injury plagued but glimpses of quality in the Championship.
I like them both but ...
Neither are untouchable IMO

I wouldn’t sell either but both in a group with the likes of Rose, probably a step up from Hyam and Wilson, but will need to be replaced next.

shmmeee

It would be a keeper for me. Someone who can save you 10 points a season not give away 10 points like the 2 we have. A good keeper gives the defence confidence. The 2 we have are reasonable but could be improved on easily.

I thought that, but then there’s a lot of decent young keepers at Prem clubs available for loan, depends what is out there but I’d definitely be spending on our defence over the summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought that, but then there’s a lot of decent young keepers at Prem clubs available for loan, depends what is out there but I’d definitely be spending on our defence over the summer.

I’d learn from Everton and Sheff Utd investing heavily in that position and it not working out all that well. You can pick up experienced keepers for low sums as there will always be a few not getting game time.

I’d put the money at CB to be honest

cov donkey kick

It would be a keeper for me. Someone who can save you 10 points a season not give away 10 points like the 2 we have. A good keeper gives the defence confidence. The 2 we have are reasonable but could be improved on easily.
I think replacing godden with an upgrade,reasons he's got an ongoing foot problem that's not able to have surgery by robins own admission.when we signed him he was reserve to strikers at posh so didn't have the pressure of being the main man.
Honestly none of us can expect an improvement next season injury wise.

wingy

Will anyone leave on the basis of generating money?🤔

Don't think we're going to be seeing much in the way of residual transfer income unlike last season?

Samo

Could someone please remind me who is out of contract?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bartlett, Bremang, Thompson, Williams and Young should all be going. I suspect we will be fielding closer to an U19/U20 side next season at 23s.

I've no problem with that alongside some fringe first teamers and players returning from injury. Much rather see it as a reserve team rather than an age group.

larry_david

We're almost certainly interested Liam Walsh. And to those saying would we be interested in signing someone who hasn't played all season? We signed jobello who'd already had 2 acls and we've resigned Jones who hasn't played for 3 years. Dabo and Rose been injured all season but they're almost certainly gonna be in our squad first day of next season.

larry_david

Although not first team:
Bartlett
Bremang
Burroughs
Newton
N'Gandu
Thompson
Williams
Young
+ possibly Lafferty and Rowe

+ Jones
No inside knowledge other than keeping an eye on u23 games but I'd guess bartlett, Thompson and bremang will go.

Unsure of Williams, everyone says he's not progressed but he played league 1 for us so I don't want to write him off.

Burroughs will stay, Newton will stay, young I'm not sure, ngandu I think will be given another year.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No inside knowledge other than keeping an eye on u23 games but I'd guess bartlett, Thompson and bremang will go.

Unsure of Williams, everyone says he's not progressed but he played league 1 for us so I don't want to write him off.

Burroughs will stay, Newton will stay, young I'm not sure, ngandu I think will be given another year.

I agree with the assessment. I was just listing the players that, as of this moment in time, are due to be out of contract at the end of the season.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Got a sneaky feeling we’ll sell Hamer and sign Walsh.

Unsure Hamer will go. Unless he forces a move due to being unhappy I feel Hamer will only be sold this summer if we receive more than what we paid for him. He's our most expensive player in over 10 years. We're simply just not going to let him go for less than what we paid for him if we can help it, as that's not something we can afford to do. He's not been brought in on a whim. Part of the reason why he's was brought in was an investment that the club will hope to eventually make a lucrative return on when he's sold.

However, on present form and with clubs still struggling financially, I feel that's unlikely (unless there's a club that's taken a real shine to him) so I think he'll be here next season.

Grendel

Unsure Hamer will go. Unless he forces a move due to being unhappy I feel Hamer will only be sold this summer if we receive more than what we paid for him. He's our most expensive player in over 10 years. We're simply just not going to let him go for less than what we paid for him if we can help it, as that's not something we can afford to do. He's not been brought in on a whim. Part of the reason why he's was brought in was an investment that the club will hope to eventually make a lucrative return on when he's sold.

However, on present form and with clubs still struggling financially, I feel that's unlikely (unless there's a club that's taken a real shine to him) so I think he'll be here next season.

As long as we can recoup our money Hamer will go and be replaced by another midfielder

Users who are viewing this thread