So who do we think will be leaving ? (1 Viewer)

Samo

Excluding loanees*, it is easier to say who Robins would definitely keep - there are only three (with three other possibles).

Keep: Dabo, Hamer, O'Hare. And even then if the right offer came in...

Possibles Walker (potential) MacFadz (until his legs finally go) Wilson (you need a second string goalie; he's as good as you get for the position)

Thereafter any of the rest are dispensable as not one of them is definitely top half Championship calibre. Sorry you poor deluded fools, Godden, Max, Kelly, Hyam, Rose, JJ, Marosi, Shipley, Allen, are all just not good enough to form the core of a side hoping to be above halfway in the Championship. Peripheral squad players at best.

But you would not get rid of all of them at once, so who leaves maybe kind of random depending on who we are looking to acquire and who has another club interested. The out of contract peripherals like Baka are obvious departures, but who knows who else might move?

There probably needs to be a clear out at the Under 23 level as well as some like Bremang seeem to be long term residents there. They might get into the first team if we were still in League 2, but not the Chamionship. Our singular inability to loan some of them out is a clue.

Time for Robins to be as radical as the budget allows. Some will stay but you will never get far with a side with so many makeweights.

* By my reckoning James, Gyokeres, Sam Mac, Sheaf and Osti

So you want MR to replace all of our strikers?
If we spunk the whole budget on the top end and you dob in a few million yourself, maybe.

Ccfcisparks

Excluding loanees*, it is easier to say who Robins would definitely keep - there are only three (with three other possibles).

Possibles Walker (potential) MacFadz (until his legs finally go) Wilson (you need a second string goalie; he's as good as you get for the position)

Thereafter any of the rest are dispensable as not one of them is definitely top half Championship calibre. Sorry you poor deluded fools, Godden, Max, Kelly, Hyam, Rose, JJ, Marosi, Shipley, Allen, are all just not good enough to form the core of a side hoping to be above halfway in the Championship. Peripheral squad players at best.

But you would not get rid of all of them at once, so who leaves maybe kind of random depending on who we are looking to acquire and who has another club interested. The out of contract peripherals like Baka are obvious departures, but who knows who else might move?

There probably needs to be a clear out at the Under 23 level as well as some like Bremang seeem to be long term residents there. They might get into the first team if we were still in League 2, but not the Chamionship. Our singular inability to loan some of them out is a clue.

Time for Robins to be as radical as the budget allows. Some will stay but you will never get far with a side with so many makeweights.

I've said for ages Godden isn't good enough for where we should be aiming. I think at the right price he should be made avialable.

Ccfcisparks

I've said for ages Godden isn't good enough for where we should be aiming. I think at the right price he should be made avialable.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm not sure we've found out about him at this level. due to the disruption caused by his injuries. If he's fit, he will look a different player imo. He's clever enough, although like all players a 'better' version is always welcome.

Gibbo

Please read the post....

Maybe I want to ditch the strikers because we were singularly poor at scoring goals - all those 0-0 draws at home.

Clearly you can't ditch the lot, but you still have to recognize they are not good enough, so all of them are individually dispensable if not en masse. It will depend on external stuff - who actually wants to acquire one of our players and for our part, who is available, an upgrade and affordable

There are five types

Indispensables - the three above
Almost indispensable - MacFadz and probably Walker
Loans
Acquisitions
Makeweights

The goal is for the number of players in the first IX to include as few 'makeweights' as possible. This year we were saved by loans - James, Sam and Osti were crucial to the second half.

DannyThomas_1981

I said earlier in the season the jury's out on Godden and it still is.
He can't really be judged on such an injury plagued season.

Mostly agree.
I think it's ridiculous even having this debate after Godden has missed so much of the season and even now is nowhere near match fit.
What I have seen even with Godden at 80% is a very promising front two partnership with Walker.
And what I know from last season is that he's deadly when match sharp - I'm already looking forward to seeing what he can do next season.

Mucca Mad Boys

Without being privy to any inside information, I expect there to be a large turnover of players. The squad needs to get stronger and at the minute, we have a significant portion of the squad that won’t cut it in the Championship and need to moved on

TM8792

From the players we own who played a part this season, I'd only keep Hamer, Dabo, Walker and Eccles. Maybe Wilson as a number 2 but not arsed.

I'd try to get Ostigard and James back on a perm/another loan.

Briles

Robins will 100% keep biamou for another year

mark82

From the players we own who played a part this season, I'd only keep Hamer, Dabo, Walker and Eccles. Maybe Wilson as a number 2 but not arsed.

I'd try to get Ostigard and James back on a perm/another loan.

You missed O'Hare.

steve101

I don't think wholesale changes would be a good idea. It seems to me we have survived as much on team unity this season as team quality. If we can get a decent pre-season and a fit squad with a year's Championship experience we will already be a mid-table team. If we can then add some quality to key areas, then we can push on a little more.

Gibbo

And for those who during the season will be moaning about the perfomance of x or y or z, remember you wanted to keep them.

Of course the money is clearly not there. In simple terms my point was that we only have three players contracted to us who are definitely good enough for top half Championship, so we should not shed a tear if any of the others leave, just as long as any replacement is an upgrade. And who goes and who stays may be decided by external factors beyond our control.

But above all we must avoid acquiring players for 'squad depth'. That means they are not good enough for the 1st XI - we already have plenty of those so why swap them? Might as well keep Allen or Rose or use Burroughs and his mates.

Loans not acquisitions are the key. We had 5 in the second half of the season - three stars plus one so-so (Gyokeres) plus one who would not have featured even if he had been fit (Sheaf). Let's discount Giles as atypical - we had two left backs. James and Osti were crucial to survival. Robins needs a minimum of four loans, preferably five. The Premiership clubs are awash with players.

Gibbo

Dear oh dear
If Robins and Viveash read some of the stuff on this thread they'd give up and go off to start a window cleaning round :ROFLMAO:
Everything we know is that Robins is one of the least sentimental managers in the business. He has no favourites (except possibly Kelly). His dealing with the goalkeeper situation was very direct. I would be gobsmacked if he believed players like Allen or Max are good enough, but they have to work with what they have. That's the job.

Users who are viewing this thread