So, what would be your XI for Yeovil? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Murphy
Clarke - Malaga - Wood - Hussey
Deegan
Bell - mcsheffrey
Baker
Cody - Elliot

Subs: Dunn, Edjenguele, kilbane, brown, Thomas, fleck, ball

could i ask you why you've picked sheffers in the LCM position in the diamond? You're not the only person who's picked him in that position, so i wondered what your reasoning was.

Dan Griffin

could i ask you why you've picked sheffers in the LCM position in the diamond? You're not the only person who's picked him in that position, so i wondered what your reasoning was.

Sheff and bell are supposed to act as wingers in my formation with Deegan Dm and baker cam :)

CCFC Germany

Dunn
Clarke Malaga Wood Hussey
Thomas Kilbane
Bell McSheffrey
Ball McDonald

I'd like to see if / how that works out...

Astute

Why do so many not have Murphy as GK?

Astute

Wouldn't go as far as utter shite. Decent enough as a reserve GK, but not as good as Murphy.

Last edited:

Grendel

Aye maybe I went too far but seriousley don't see how others can think Dunn is better than Murphy :S

It's easy to criticise the goalkeeper and make an assumption the replacement is better. Quirke is second choice at Coalville town yet posters say how good he was. Dunn is a goalie you would use 5 games max a season. Mug Murphy was injured we would need a replacement fast.

Grendel

The team isn't the factor anyway its the formation and we cannot resort to the insipid diamond formation or we will be in big trouble.

Astute

Mc and Mc up front?

Would prefer Ball up front to give us the height we will need.

shy_tall_knight

Murphy
Clarke RB
Wood CB
Malaga CB
Kilbane LB - IF Hussey is fit he will be played has superb stamina and more pace than Kilbane, who I think will play the deep holding midfield role
Bell RM - won't be fit and if fit what makes you think that after 3 1/2 seasons of ineffectiveness, he will have an impact this season
Baker LM
Thomas DCM I think he will play often but Ball might be played in preference when we go with 2 strikers
Fleck ACM
McDonald ST
McSheffrey S think both him and baker will be first choice on the flanks but will swap sides

skybluesalex

GK- Murphy

RB- Clarke
CB- Malaga
CB- Wood
LB- Hussey

RM- Baker
CM- Kilbane
CM- Fleck
LM- McSheffrey

ST- Ellot
ST- McDonald

Subs

Burge (Im not a big fan of Chris Dunn)
Brown
Edjenguele
Bell
Deegan
O'Donovan
Ball

dongonzalos

................Murphy

Clarke.......Wood....Malaga........Hussey

Baker........killer.......Rankin...........Sheff

..................Cody.......Ball

Dunn
Fleck
Bell
Cameron
Deegan
Elliott
Brown

CCFC Germany

Why do so many not have Murphy as GK?

What I've seen from Murphy, he often look nervous and not too good.
I'd love to see Dunne given a chance, at least to make it a fight and improve both through better training.
To be honest, I really think we still are in need of a proven no. 1 goalkeeper...

your all going sheffers why he was shite last year

He did have some poor games, but I do see the alternatives not stronger than him.

Users who are viewing this thread