So what would an alien learn today? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

What an interesting dialogue today amongst supporters. I wonder if an alien intercepted our site today what view would they form of our supporters?

Well I think they may have a few thoughts;

Coventry supporters aren't interest in the score at games. They are far more interested in the crowd and the lower it is the better

Coventry supporters don't actually want Coventry to play. They want postponements and a fixture backlog. This could be detrimental to the clubs results but as already pointed out the results don't matter.

Some fans support a building and not the club. They love a building called the Ricoh arena and they want other clubs to play at the arena so they can watch those teams play

People who watch Coventry seem unpopular with Coventry fans

If you are not from Coventry you don't support Coventry even if you have watched them for 40 years.

Well lets hope aliens alone look at this site. I hope fans from other clubs don't or we will be a bigger joke than we already are. I console myself that the warped idiotic views encountered on here are never echoed when I actually talk to fans. So perhaps the aliens have actually invaded the site. Who knows.

Grendel

Grendel

jimmyhillsfanclub

....they've also learned that Tranmere is pay on the gate....

...however, having visited Birkenhead on several occasions, I believe the aliens may already know this.....

dongonzalos

Usually the suggestion is the aliens out there are of a more intelligent form than us.....

So they would probably ask themselves what sort of action could entice an extreme reaction like this from fans?

Then they would dig deeper and probably conclude 'I don't blame Coventry fans for this reaction, I am surprised any of them even step foot in Sixfields'

( awaits those who attend Sixfields to say the usual 'lets not turn this into another Sixfields thread')

oscillatewildly

That's the trouble with these 'Johnny come lately' aliens - So self opinionated and with no proper knowledge or understanding of the game and the emotion and passion it can generate, even concerning off field matters. Bastards, the lot of em.

will am i

What an interesting dialogue today amongst supporters. I wonder if an alien intercepted our site today what view would they form of our supporters?

Coventry supporters aren't interest in the score at games. They are far more interested in the crowd and the lower it is the better

They may learn that some people will defend the idiots who have wrecked our club whether that is the Council, ACL or SiSU (I blame them all), and that we are so divided we cant decide the best way to get our club back.

Coventry supporters don't actually want Coventry to play. They want postponements and a fixture backlog. This could be detrimental to the clubs results but as already pointed out the results don't matter.

Some fans support a building and not the club. They love a building called the Ricoh arena and they want other clubs to play at the arena so they can watch those teams play

If you are not from Coventry you don't support Coventry even if you have watched them for 40 years.

Well lets hope aliens alone look at this site. I hope fans from other clubs don't or we will be a bigger joke than we already are. I console myself that the warped idiotic views encountered on here are never echoed when I actually talk to fans. So perhaps the aliens have actually invaded the site. Who knows.

dongonzalos

TBF Sometimes Grendel I do think you live on another planet, so you may have first hand knowledge of what they think.

dongonzalos

The aliens will probably wonder if Torch has an automatic 'like' setting that kicks in after every post Grendel makes :)

sky blue john

I've learnt that we have some of the most "unique" supporters in the country.

I would go as far as say some of the best !!
Proven when we are in numbers like the protest march, the amazing away match following we have and the 15,000 + e petition signatures so far..........

italiahorse

Depends who they were speaking too !!

If they talk to 10% of supporters they would get the story above.
If they talk to the other 90% they would get a different story.
If they talk to to Grendel they will need counselling.

olderskyblue

They would probably want to buy the club....

olderskyblue

.......and are as likely to as Haskell.. :D

Nick

Administrator
I would go as far as say some of the best !!
Proven when we are in numbers like the protest march, the amazing away match following we have and the 15,000 + e petition signatures so far..........

Amazing supporters that have just reached half the gate against Crewe when there was a sniff of Wembley with the petition?

I agree our fans can turn out in force when they want to, but that is the issue, not all the time.

Flying Fokker

Some people are on a different planet.

Some people do not want to time travel to Sixfields.

Some people cannot see the wood for the trees.

H

Huckerby

I console myself that the warped idiotic views encountered on here are never echoed when I actually talk to fans.

You must be pretty good at finding the 10%

Nick

Administrator
I have learnt that apparently loads of city fans grew up supporting other teams and then slowly changed to CCFC.
The most vocal / outraged / hardcore city fans want a Phoenix Team to support instead.

Nick

Administrator
Slightly off topic:

Remember when in town it used to be full of people selling awful posters like these?

images

Back on topic.

skybluejelly

Bloody aliens travel 750000000000 miles to get here but won't travel the extra 34 miles to watch us at six fields

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

if they visit this site they would have learned its ok to have a thread called "other sports" on a sky blues forum, despite we have a board called "football and other sports"

asb

As they say "the truth is out there".

Wonder if we should call in Mulder and Scully to investigate instead of a select committee.

Users who are viewing this thread