so those who think sisu have been good for CCFC please post now (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

pursuant to the 'systematic & prolonged rape' of OUR CLUB i'm sure true fans await a myriad of reasoned posts,
hang on a minute joy i'm only asking ?

rob9872

I wondered why I had a sore arse - bastards must have used Rohypnol

Puck

Tommy Atkins won't be at his Whitehall desk until the morning.
Give him a chance to read the Daily Mail, switch on "his" computer and check the FT Index before he can respond.

Paxman II

OK it's the blame SISU for it thread. No one else to blame here?

Oh they are culpable in many respects yes but not the sole reason we are relegated this season.

I wish they would go but at the moment only they are keeping this club afloat. I don't hear a rush of approaches from any other quarter do you?

I would love new ownership with vision, ideas and most importantly hard cash investment of a serious kind. That's only a dream at the moment so I'm giving SISU a wide berth at the for now accepting they are all we got, they will keep us out of admin (less they want to lose evrything) and we live to fight on in league 1 where we will at least be OK financially, along side the likes of the Carlisles's of this world and most likely do better, partially thanks to SISU's more recent tightening of their wayward policy and league 1 rules.

We probably have an opportunity to not only steady the ship but begin improving it.

Currently our only hope for changing that is Key's party friend Hoffman and his merry band of knights which has been eerily distant for some time?

Accept fate and be careful who you wish for.

The likes of one or two clubs well known to us are likely to find admin knocking at their door this close season. I hate boom and bust....hope we can at least consolidate a little now.

Last edited:

Tankie

Paxo??
WE have all but sank into the The third tier of English Football, this can hardly be described as"Keeping us afloat", they have failed miserably in their absolutely Abysmal Attempts to run a football club,

TommyAtkins

Tommy Atkins won't be at his Whitehall desk until the morning.
Give him a chance to read the Daily Mail, switch on "his" computer and check the FT Index before he can respond.

Aha, someone posting under a different nickname.

I read several papers, including the Telegraph, Guardian and the Mail. Plus the crap like the Times, Mirror and Independent.

All of this things, plus others, give me a broader and more objective perspective than most.

It also enables me to be more accurate in my assessments and judgements.

SISU were just the last serial in a series of events that developed in 2001. Robinson and Richardson drove this club into the ground.

Ranson and SISU just didn't have the resources or patience to turn things around.

In many respects, all the take over did, was postpone the moment of reckoning.

This is part of a gradual decline and one that might still involve further decline until we reach a sustainable level.

This has never been about "SISU good" or "SISU bad" - life is more complex than having 2 emotive stances - it has been about the shocking state of our club and how that is managed. Cuts needed to be made at some point.

Now we have to face the consequences

coundonskyblue

With hindsight I wish we had gone bust in 2007 and gone down.

We could have been on the up again by now with some decent owners.

Colonel Mustard

pursuant to the 'systematic & prolonged rape' of OUR CLUB i'm sure true fans await a myriad of reasoned posts,
hang on a minute joy i'm only asking ?

Let's not pretend that CCFC was some sporty Jaguar that SISU "asset-stripped". We couldn't pay our bills, were literally minutes from admin with no known buyers despite public calls for investment, were facing a TRUE asset-stripping and possible extinction as a club.

They found CCFC in pieces and have left it in pieces. As far as I'm concerned, it's no better or worse. That's the Richardson legacy.

TommyAtkins

Let's not pretend that CCFC was some sporty Jaguar that SISU "asset-stripped". We couldn't pay our bills, were literally minutes from admin with no known buyers despite public calls for investment, were facing a TRUE asset-stripping and possible extinction as a club.

They found CCFC in pieces and have left it in pieces. As far as I'm concerned, it's no better or worse. That's the Richardson legacy.

That's a very precise and astute comment.

A perfect summary of the SISU years

coundonskyblue

Off the pitch I agree, on the pitch its Sisu who have took us down.

TommyAtkins

Given the choice between relegation and liquidation of the club, I think we would all pick relegation

That is a key issue - we need to preserve the long-term future of the club.

Not continue to spend other people's money

coundonskyblue

Given the choice between relegation and liquidation of the club, I think we would all pick relegation

That is a key issue - we need to preserve the long-term future of the club.

Not continue to spend other people's money

But we're just as likely to go bust now as we were in 2007, just in a lower division.

Colonel Mustard

No. I think it is much fairer to spread the blame - the Richardson legacy (which left CCFC with a second-rate income framework); the fans from a one-team city for not showing up in enough numbers to help square the finances and prevent player sales, as well as giving an unsuccessful manager unconditional support; the team, for not being men and giving maximum effort every game; Andy Thorn, for being a poor manager; football in general, for not introducing regulation to harness finances and encourage competitiveness; the Coventry Telegraph, for failing to campaign significantly to fill out the stadium.

And so on.

SISU makes for a nice bogeyman, but it is in no way as simple as pinning it on them.

Last edited:

TommyAtkins

But we're just as likely to go bust now as we were in 2007, just in a lower division.

As I have said elsewhere, perhaps all SISU did was delay the inevitable.

Or rather, delay the day of reckoning.

Cuts had to be made, just as McGinity was forced to make cuts. This is a continuation of the need to find a sustainable level.

blueflint

well if we sell all players over the age of 17 and pay them minimum wage we can turn this around

dont tell sisu they may do it

coundonskyblue

As I have said elsewhere, perhaps all SISU did was delay the inevitable.

Or rather, delay the day of reckoning.

Cuts had to be made, just as McGinity was forced to make cuts. This is a continuation of the need to find a sustainable level.

But this is where I have a problem with Sisu. In 2007 cuts had to be made, too many bad players on high salaries. That didn't happen.

They should have come in and said money is tight, player budget will be limited, all investment will be directed at sorting out the clubs structual problems.

They come in, thought they could throw a few million at the playing squad, and fluke a promotion.

That lack of a business plan is what has killed us.

TommyAtkins

But this is where I have a problem with Sisu. In 2007 cuts had to be made, too many bad players on high salaries. That didn't happen.

They should have come in and said money is tight, player budget will be limited, all investment will be directed at sorting out the clubs structual problems.

They come in, thought they could throw a few million at the playing squad, and fluke a promotion.

That lack of a business plan is what has killed us.

Agree

That was Ranson's business plan.

In effect, SISU lost patience with the plan.

A series of poor signings and poor managerial appointments resulted in the limited millions being wasted, with the club still leaking money.

Astute

Oh they are culpable in many respects yes but not the sole reason we are relegated this season.

I wish they would go but at the moment only they are keeping this club afloat.

I would say they are the main reason we are going to get relegated. We were left without the players needed. None of the players were replaced. Our main problem this season was lack of goals. So what did SISU do? They sold our only player that was scoring goals.

So how did they fund us this season? Other than selling our players that is. You always try to make out as though they are funding us. Anyone could keep selling our assets to keep us going. The problem now is we have about run out of assets to sell.

torchomatic

Is it true that until we file our accounts then players cannot be offered new contracts.

Colonel Mustard

I'm not sure that it was the plan, tbh.

I mean, look at the players CCFC spent money on in that period: Eastwood, Dann, Gunnarsson, Westwood, Fox. Grand players for sure, but none of them were established at Championship levels. They just aren't the sort of players you associate with a promotion push.

Ranson went on record many times saying that he wanted to purchase the best players for lower league clubs. I think if anything, the idea was to create a self-sufficient finance wheel - buy low, sell high, re-invest. I've long been a believer that it was the economic crisis in '08 that meant the money from investors dried up and the bills had to be called in, ie little to no reinvestment from player sales.

TommyAtkins

I'm not sure that it was the plan, tbh.

I mean, look at the players CCFC spent money on in that period: Eastwood, Dann, Gunnarsson, Westwood, Fox. Grand players for sure, but none of them were established at Championship levels. They just aren't the sort of players you associate with a promotion push.

Ranson went on record many times saying that he wanted to purchase the best players for lower league clubs. I think if anything, the idea was to create a self-sufficient finance wheel - buy low, sell high, re-invest. I've long been a believer that it was the economic crisis in '08 that meant the money from investors dried up and the bills had to be called in, ie little to no reinvestment from player sales.

And a key problem with that plan was that it didn't address the club's operating deficit. We continued to lose money at an alarming rate.

We have been spending money we didn't have.

The last time we did that, we got relegated......

coundonskyblue

I've long been a believer that it was the economic crisis in '08 that meant the money from investors dried up and the bills had to be called in, ie little to no reinvestment from player sales.

If that is the case then that shows what poor business people they are.

Northern Rock went tits up in September/October 07, at that point everyone knew a recession was on the way.

Sisu bought us in December 07, their financial bods should have already been planning for the impending economic crisis.

TommyAtkins

If that is the case then that shows what poor business people they are.

Northern Rock went tits up in September/October 07, at that point everyone knew a recession was on the way.

Sisu bought us in December 07, their financial bods should have already been planning for the impending economic crisis.

They are actually very effective business people.

They just don't want to continue to spend money on this football club

Colonel Mustard

And a key problem with that plan was that it didn't address the club's operating deficit. We continued to lose money at an alarming rate. We have been spending money we didn't have. The last time we did that, we got relegated......

I think SISU were prepared to cover the operating losses for up to a few years with the wheel-and-deal transfer policy taking care of fees. I actually don't think it was the worst way to spend £20m of investment capital (or whatever it was) IF the plan had been seen out to the end. Not sure anybody saw the financial meltdown coming, but pulling the plug a year into things was just a shitshow.

TommyAtkins

So why did they not see the recession coming when everyone else could?

A lot of people did, a lot of people didn't.

Gordon Brown was told to stop spending money but he ignored it - making things worse for everyone.

In many ways, the recession may be irrelevant to their control over Cov.

Stoppercurtis

We can now say for the first time, that we would have been better off going into administration. We were just unfortunate that we didn't attract a buyer that had the cash to invest in the early days and get us promoted.

Again in the end there are two reasons why we are going down. We just didn't score enough goals and the squad was just to small! I still maintain that the turning point for us was losing King.

Stopper

mememe

I can't believe we are still on about Robinson. Ffs that was a different and past era. And by the way ur was the best football most of us 40 somethings have ever seen and can remember vividly.

At least we saw decent players in a decent division.
At least the board in those days took risks.
And if you think we were the only club making and taking the money your wrong. Every clubin the Prem lived beyond their means and all the chairmen filtered the cream.

This shower of shit we are lumbered with now is nothing to do with Robinson ...its sisu.ransom. Coventry city council.every single player in the last 3 years. Fans attendances. The ricoh stadium. Andy thorn for being inexperienced.Chris coleman for ripping the skill and excitement out of the game. Aidy boothroyd for simply not being uptown the job. The ticket office. The pricing structure. The no cash food cabins. The lack of real enterntainment. The lack of generated atmosphere.

Most of all the coaches. Steve Harrison and co.. it must be blindingly obvious to all fans by now that as managers have come and gone Harrison has reamained. Now he may be ex England but his time with us has proven he can't cut it in the championship let alone international level.

But don't forget the whole team. They didn't try this season until it was too little too late. For 2 thirds if the season they simply couldn't be bothered.

The fans that did attend matches after 6 or 7 games are a real asset to the club. I am prouder of our fans than I am the team. But what a rip off! Our brilliant away supporters saw 1 away win in 23 league games. On average that's 1000 to 2000 quid for the privelage of 1 game. Now that was down to the players... they proved in the final 3rd of the season that they could beat teams.

Thorn was tactically Unaware throughout the while season bar 2 maybe 3 games. Illness. Stress and a lack of experience made the likeable Cockney a Patsy. But saying that now he has cut his teeth we might aswell keep him on. Realistically he does show signs of being a good man manager in the fact that the team do respond well to him.

My worry is this... I can not see us making a go of it in league 1. Who ever owns us. And I pray its isn't Hoffman. They are dealing with a rabid dog of a club. The only thing that can be done is to remove EVERY single player. Manager.coaches. backroom staff. From the ticket office to the board room. Every single person out of their job and start from fresh.

I'm inclined to agree with gouldy that the ricoh is cursed. I hear everyone say where would we go ... but moving out of the ricoh is key to our future. You can't play division 3 football with 5000 to 8000 fans in a European level stadium ... it will way too much. There are other venues and others have had to do it so why are we so precious.

We have to change. Out with the sky blue kits. Out with the old sky blue song.out with the old the sky blues have finally died a long awaited death. In with the new boys. New manager.new staff. New way of thinking. New fans new era. It is time for us to move on from our history.

Users who are viewing this thread