So... This new stadium is taking a while... (1 Viewer)

Samo

.............. :whistle:

Otis

I think it will be a double celebration. New stadium announcement and my daughter having passed her Masters degree.

She was 11 two weeks ago.

TheUKGryphon

Not on the priority list. SISU have got a court case to win, so they've put everything relating to the business they're actually in court fighting for on the back burner for the time being. Happy to be a wasp house guest.

Samo

Not on the priority list. SISU have got a court case to win, so they've put everything relating to the business they're actually in court fighting for on the back burner for the time being. Happy to be a wasp house guest.

But if not for that they would be powering ahead right?

Samo

not much to say on this then Tony? :)

The Philosopher

Setting down a prediction:

SISU claim will succeed in part (not all), part of settlement will be CCC helping the funding of a new CCFC stadium in Holbrooks.

This to start mid 2017

Repeat, just putting down a prediction - may look back at this in 2 years and laugh at my own stupidity, may look back and think "told - ya".

Ashdown

My prediction: SISU win in part but due to rent strike deemed to have forced the action, compensation is minimum and the hedge fund finally give up on the football club in 2016. There will be no new stadium and a fans/local business consortium will be running the club much the same way as it is now run, playing on at the Ricoh. I also think that if the squad remains relatively weak and non competitive even at this level and City are bottom 8 at the end of October, Mowbray will pack his bags and save his reputation in November !

Samo

My prediction: SISU win in part but due to rent strike deemed to have forced the action, compensation is minimum and the hedge fund finally give up on the football club in 2016. There will be no new stadium and a fans/local business consortium will be running the club much the same way as it is now run, playing on at the Ricoh. I also think that if the squad remains relatively weak and non competitive even at this level and City are bottom 8 at the end of October, Mowbray will pack his bags and save his reputation in November !

...and a plague of locusts?

mrtrench

I agree with the poster who says that it's not a priority. Remember that the only priority for SISU is to make a profit. They've been exceptionally poor at achieving that and seemingly this is their last roll of the dice before they have to take the club itself seriously rather than a property play or bugger off.

My prediction: SISU will not win. They may appeal again if permitted or they may find another trumped up case to bring in search of those elusive millions they crave but ultimately I don't think they'll succeed that route. However I also think we'll get promoted this year and it may just swing the footometer so that they decide to give Mowbray the chance to give them a profit through Premiership promotion instead of doing one.

dongonzalos

If SISU were to win the JR (I don't think they will)
If they are then awarded compensation
I cannot see for a second them building the new stadium.
They will sell CCFC at any price they can get and walk away with the money.
So I do not believe they will be any stadium

Terry Gibson's perm

Setting down a prediction:

SISU claim will succeed in part (not all), part of settlement will be CCC helping the funding of a new CCFC stadium in Holbrooks.

This to start mid 2017

Repeat, just putting down a prediction - may look back at this in 2 years and laugh at my own stupidity, may look back and think "told - ya".

Where in Holbrooks?

Godiva

If SISU were to win the JR (I don't think they will)
If they are then awarded compensation
I cannot see for a second them building the new stadium.
They will sell CCFC at any price they can get and walk away with the money.
So I do not believe they will be any stadium

I think they will build the stadium if they manage to find a suitable location at a reasonable price.

If they win the appeal and look set to be awarded compensation I wouldn't be surprised if they settle out of court and that the settlement will be about land to build the stadium.

Why would they walk away from an operation that cost them nothing to run?
They need the club in it's own stadium to have something to sell.

J

Jack Griffin

I think they will build the stadium if they manage to find a suitable location at a reasonable price.

If they win the appeal and look set to be awarded compensation I wouldn't be surprised if they settle out of court and that the settlement will be about land to build the stadium.

I on the other hand believe SISU haven't a clue. Tim Fisher made a revealing comment not so long ago that showed SISU did not understand that the City was surrounded by Greenbelt land with restricted planning constraints when they decided to move the club to Northampton.

I doubt they'll even be able to meet the September deadline from Rugby Borough Council to submit a proposal that can be included in its local plan for the area.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne.../BINARY/Read the stadium meeting minutes here

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-stadium-plans-9186189

armybike

I on the other hand believe SISU haven't a clue. Tim Fisher made a revealing comment not so long ago that showed SISU did not understand that the City was surrounded by Greenbelt land with restricted planning constraints when they decided to move the club to Northampton.

I doubt they'll even be able to meet the September deadline from Rugby Borough Council to submit a proposal that can be included in its local plan for the area.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne.../BINARY/Read the stadium meeting minutes here

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-stadium-plans-9186189

Also from the Rugby Borough Council mins -

"He (Fisher) confirmed that there are investors interested, so long as the physical resource is outside of Coventry (due to Coventry Council doing a hostile take-over of the Club they don’t wish to invest in Coventry)."

dongonzalos

Why take the risk if you already have your money?

Samo

You wouldn't see them for dust, of course they wouldn't hang around in Coventry where they are despised by all but a handful of sycophants.

Who are these 'handful of sycophants' ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Also from the Rugby Borough Council mins -

"He (Fisher) confirmed that there are investors interested, so long as the physical resource is outside of Coventry (due to Coventry Council doing a hostile take-over of the Club they don’t wish to invest in Coventry)."

If there are real investors why would they care about the attempted takeover, for me it's more Fisher bull shit

armybike

If there are real investors why would they care about the attempted takeover, for me it's more Fisher bull shit

Fisher talking bollocks?? I'm shocked at such a thought #SaidNoOneEver

Hobo

If they do build the stadium the football club will always just be tenants in SISU's stadium. So no diferent to where we are now.

Godiva

If they do build the stadium the football club will always just be tenants in SISU's stadium. So no diferent to where we are now.

Actually it could be very different.

We (the club) don't own ACL, but could own the equivalent stadium management company in a new stadium.
Sisu fought hard (and dirty) for that solution at the Ricoh, but lost.
If they believe in that construction surely they would implement it in a new stadium?

Ashdown

Actually it could be very different.

We (the club) don't own ACL, but could own the equivalent stadium management company in a new stadium.
Sisu fought hard (and dirty) for that solution at the Ricoh, but lost.
If they believe in that construction surely they would implement it in a new stadium?

Please can't you change the record ! SISU aren't in Coventry for any other reason than to make money for themselves and possibly their investors. We [ the club } wouldn't really be any better off at all !

Godiva

Please can't you change the record ! SISU aren't in Coventry for any other reason than to make money for themselves and possibly their investors. We [ the club } wouldn't really be any better off at all !

No I won't change my opinion simply because it doesn't suit other posters. Put me on ignore if you fell offended.

I think most club owners are in it for the money. It's very rare to see life-time fans owning a club simply for the love and affection of the club.

The old days are long gone. Money is the right, mid and centre of football. It won't change any time soon.
So I live with it while I support my club.

Gaz71

Whenever he he says anything now I always think of Karl
Pilkington's bull shit man.

cc268e53e67db45c5c71bc759749f7a8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread