------------------Moussa----------------
------Fleck-----Thomas--------Baker----
---------------Barton-------------------
Adams----Willis-------Clarke-----Christie
-------------Murphy--------------------

Subs - Burge, Wilson, Haynes, Joblot, Daneils

Bomb Squad - McSheffrey, Malaga, Edge, Jennings

ccfcway

That bomb squad has gotta be about 20k a week of players. Thats another £1 million off the wage bill when they are gone (when we have to pay them to go)

skybluegod

--------------Clarke---------------------
------------------Moussa----------------
------Fleck-----Thomas--------Baker----
---------------Barton-------------------
Adams----Willis-------Clarke-----Christie
-------------Murphy--------------------

Subs - Burge, Wilson, Haynes, Joblot, Daneils

Bomb Squad - McSheffrey, Malaga, Edge, Jennings

Murphy
Christie-willis-Clarke-Adams
Baker--Barton-Daniels--moussa
Wilson--Clarke

Think daniels will start at fleck and Thomas were poor yesterday, depends on if Pressley goes for exp or players who did well. Wilson did well on Friday so expect him to start and push moussa out wide as lobjolt seems to go missing at times.

skybluegod

That bomb squad has gotta be about 20k a week of players. Thats another £1 million off the wage bill when they are gone (when we have to pay them to go)

No way will they be on 20k put together. Jennings will be on 3k max, edge and Malaga will be on 2k max and Sheffield on 5k so around 12k, but doubt Jennings will even be that high.

FRY-CCFC

----------------------------------------Murphy--------------------------------------

Christie-----------------J.Clarke-------------------Willis-----------------Adams

--------------------------Barton----------------------Thomas/fleck----------------

Baker---------------------------------------------------------------Moussa/lobjoit

--------------------------L.Clarke--------------------Wilson--------------------------

Gint11

I've got a sneaky feeling that 1 or 2 of the bomb squad may have to come back as cover - centrehalves like Wood etc. I hope not but its a possibility especially now we know SP cannot strengthen.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've got a sneaky feeling that 1 or 2 of the bomb squad may have to come back as cover - centrehalves like Wood etc. I hope not but its a possibility especially now we know SP cannot strengthen.

Wood was not in the bomb squad, he was released at the end of his contract last season. He has signed for Charlton

Gint11

Wood was not in the bomb squad, he was released at the end of his contract last season. He has signed for Charlton

Oh yeah! Taxi for me. thanks for correcting me.

johnwillomagic

Murphy GK
Christie RB
Willis CB
Clarke CB
Adams LB
Baker M
Barton M
Fleck M
Thomas M
Moussa CF
Clarke CF

Think that start xi will be competitive but not much options to push them from the bench.....Wislon, Lobjolt maybe?

ccfcway

Murphy GK
Christie RB
Willis CB
Clarke CB
Adams LB
Baker M
Barton M
Fleck M
Thomas M
Moussa CF
Clarke CF

Think that start xi will be competitive but not much options to push them from the bench.....Wislon, Lobjolt maybe?

yer, thats the team i said

ccfc_Tom

Murphy GK
Christie RB
Willis CB
Clarke CB
Adams LB
Baker M
Barton M
Fleck M
Thomas M
Moussa CF
Clarke CF

Fleck used to actually be a striker so could be worth giving him a go up front

Brighton Sky Blue

Jordan Clarke at centre half is the best we can muster? The starting 11 is OK but has zero depth whatsoever beneath it and is thin even including the rejects.

Season of humiliation ahead without a drastic turnaround.

GusG

Jordan Clarke at centre half is the best we can muster? The starting 11 is OK but has zero depth whatsoever beneath it and is thin even including the rejects.

Season of humiliation ahead without a drastic turnaround.

he's probably been the best player this pre season.

----------------------------------------Murphy--------------------------------------

Christie-----------------J.Clarke-------------------Willis-----------------Adams

--------------------------Barton----------------------Thomas/fleck----------------

Baker---------------------------------------------------------------Moussa/lobjoit

--------------------------L.Clarke--------------------Wilson--------------------------

Central midfield will be too weak as will central defence. We'll be overrun and whilst I like Jordan Clarke as a decent fullback he's far too lightweight against a bullying striker.

skybluelee

Our strongest 11 still looks strong for div 3 although clearly no depth to speak of.

Not that i actually give a fuck unless there really is some positive stadium news today. I am not holding my breath.

skybluepm2

The fact that we are talking about Jordan bloody Clarke in the starting lineup whatsoever - never mind at centre half - shows the dire straits we are in.

On paper our strongest 11 looks half decent (except JC), particularly attacking wise. If they've learnt to not pass between the back four for 5 minutes at a time we may do ok.

It really does look desperate squad wise. This must be the weakest squad for decades..certainly since ive been born.

Fingers crossed we get an influx of players in before injuries kick in!

ccfcway

I fail to see how we are in any more / less dire straits that when Pompy were signing players in administration last year..

Fact is we have 1 CB in our squad

skybluepm2

I fail to see how we are in any more / less dire straits that when Pompy were signing players in administration last year..

Fact is we have 1 CB in our squad

Very true..they were made to shed their wage bill completely because they had the likes of John utaka and Ben Haim on upwards of £50k/wk. They literally had no players.

Although I am dumbstruck as to why the option hasn't even been explored. Even a couple of short term loans would suffice.

It doesn't help of course that in addition to being in administration, we STILL have yet to submit the bloody accounts!!

Sterling Archer

Hasn't Barton been tried at CB in pre season? We've no recognised CB's bar Willis, who's only played about 3 or 4 games! Good luck to the lad, a lot of responsibility will be on his shoulders.

Saying that, despite the scoreline, I actually thought he did a very good job of marking Rickie Lambert against Southampton last day of the 2011-12 season (considering the circumstances).

covcity4life

--------------------------Barton----------------------Fleck----------------

Baker------------------------------------Moussa----------------------lobjoit

--------------------------L.Clarke------------------------------------------

Hasn't Barton been tried at CB in pre season? We've no recognised CB's bar Willis, who's only played about 3 or 4 games! Good luck to the lad, a lot of responsibility will be on his shoulders.

Saying that, despite the scoreline, I actually thought he did a very good job of marking Rickie Lambert against Southampton last day of the 2011-12 season (considering the circumstances).

Gawd help us if we have to resort to Barton at CB. He can't head the ball and is a bottler.:facepalm:

ccfc_Tom

Makes no sense to me to still be paying edge, jennings wages etc and not use them. Should have at least used until found a club for them to leave and join, especially as we have 1 natural CB yet malaga and edge are not to be used.

covcity4life

i agree with pressley taking a stance on bomb squad but at same time maybe edge and malaga should ahve got a reprieve just in case we cant sign anyone intime for first game.

johnwillomagic

I think now Pressley has made the stance and all of the bomb squad have not been involved in pre-season at all they have to be excluded atleast for a while as team morale/dynamic seems good without them all things considered.

Jennings is no real loss and think we do have a little cover in the centre of the park with options in the squad....fleck, thomas, barton & daniels are in effect competing for the two central midfield spots.

Malaga did not play at all last year so not loss there.

I would like to see Edge and Macca as at least impact subs who if they could be arsed could imporve things. But on big wages and sadly particularly in the case of Macca they have not really justified it. As I say Pressley has to stay strong for at least the first half dozen games and then review from there.

Will see with all off field drama going on cannot wait for the league to get started to at least talk about something else on the forum!

Users who are viewing this thread