So, ready for another relegation battle? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

After reading Tim Fisher's comments it is clear that we are fucked and all his comments two weeks ago was huff and puff.

The wage bill needs to be "cut significantly" to a size no way near the teams that challenge for the play offs.

I expect everyone worth anything or on decent wages to be sold/ moved.

Last year we played in the championship with a league one squad, this season we will start in L1 with a L2 squad.

Gray

i will state this now.......

if Coventry City are less than 20 points away from relegation next season i will change my name to Joy ilovesisu sappala

The soothsayer

Well there are some grounds in div 2, I haven't been to, and in the blue square, and in the evostic league. some nice sunday league grounds aswell, so its not all negative.

SonofErnie

Given that the club has limited income streams, which are about to reduce further, what does everyone suggest SISU should do other than the path they are following now ? Remember that a new owner would have to comply with the League 1 rules in exactly the same way, so can't just splash out cash that's not generated through the club's own income raising actvities, or for than matter more than 65% of it.

I'm not saying that I'm supportive of what SISU have done/are doing, but what are the options open to them (given the absence of a buyer) outside of the path they are currently following ?

Otis

Sisu should follow the path they are following.

Obviously from their point of view this is what they need to do.

That doesn't mean it is right for the club though and doesn't mean this is what the fans want either. The fans want what's best for the club, Sisu want what's best for their investors. At the end of the day the vast majority of football clubs are not run at a profit.

skybluebeduff

Been ready for a relegation battle ever since I was cursed one Christmas when Santa the tossa delivered the wrong Replica Kit, I asked for Coventry Blaze not fecking Coventry City :whistle:

SonofErnie

Sisu should follow the path they are following.

Obviously from their point of view this is what they need to do.

That doesn't mean it is right for the club though and doesn't mean this is what the fans want either. The fans want what's best for the club, Sisu want what's best for their investors. At the end of the day the vast majority of football clubs are not run at a profit.

But was is best for the club and what do fans want ? The club has now reached a position (regardless of who's to blame) that it can't spend more than 65% of it's income on player's salaries otherwise a transfer embargo ensues (ironic I know !). So what does everyone suggest should be done to increase revenue, given that ticket sales are about to drop ? It's not a trick question !

Brighton Sky Blue

Imagine going to Nuneaton in the 2013/4 season as underdogs. That such a scenario is even possible makes me want Fisher's head on a rusty stick.

Sub

So, ready for another relegation battle?

should read, So, ready for another relegation?:(:(:(:(

Skyblueweeman

The one thing I will say (and I'm by no means a SISU supporter), is that lets not thing we're the only club that this applies to. The rules are going to affect everyone and in a big way. Yes, other clubs will have more revenue streams than CCFC but think of the wage bills of clubs like Doncaster, Portsmouth etc.

Clubs have historically gambled on success by paying way over the odds on wages. I'd imagine that the ratios of wages to income (or vice versa) aren't actually that different between ourselves and a number of clubs. Happy to be proved wrong though, but just a hunch.

WM

Astute

OK. Teams in our new division get 4,000 on average say. With season tickets call it an average of £15. £60,000 per home game. We get 10,000 on average. £150,000 per home game. We will still have a big advantage over most teams when we are in a position to spend 65% of income. You may say "what about the catering money?" That is a lot of pies. They would need to have a lot of Fat Freddies in their crowds.

hemelsky

For information the average attendance in league one last season was 7379. Only 5 teams had lower than 4000 average.
However with Sheff Wed, Charlton and probably either Sheff U or Huddersfield coming up some of the biggest teams will not be there.
Having said that Pompey's average was 15044, ours was 15118 and Donny's was 9341.For information -

Astute

For information the average attendance in league one last season was 7379. Only 5 teams had lower than 4000 average.
However with Sheff Wed, Charlton and probably either Sheff U or Huddersfield coming up some of the biggest teams will not be there.
Having said that Pompey's average was 15044, ours was 15118 and Donny's was 9341.For information -
#

Our attendances will drop. Donny's will drop. Pompeys will drop. All attendances will drop as both Sheffield teams have a very good attendance and could both go up. The 3 best(approx) supported teams could go up. This will bring down average attendances by a fair bit. I also did not say it was 4,000. I said Teams in our new division get 4,000 on average say.

I was on about the difference in crowds between us and most other teams.

Nonleagueherewecome

Imagine going to Nuneaton in the 2013/4 season as underdogs. That such a scenario is even possible makes me want Fisher's head on a rusty stick.

Just 2 divisions now! Is it too big a game yet to ditch the preseason friendly?

Tim Fisher really has p'd me off with his u-turns: everything he said on the last day of the season was complete and utter bullcrap, as well he knew when he said it. His CT interview today contradicts everything he said after Southampton. And I was naive enough to say "give him a chance, he's admitted SISU got it wrong!" Never again, It was blatantly bluff and bluster to sell Season Tickets. What a cockspanner! :mad:

skybluedan

fisher is a sisu puppet c**t and i dont believe anything that is shat out of his mout

@richh87

Tim Fisher really has p'd me off with his u-turns: everything he said on the last day of the season was complete and utter bullcrap, as well he knew when he said it. His CT interview today contradicts everything he said after Southampton. And I was naive enough to say "give him a chance, he's admitted SISU got it wrong!" Never again, It was blatantly bluff and bluster to sell Season Tickets. What a cockspanner! :mad:

We need them to accept whatever offer comes in from prospective owners. If we have to boycott season tickets for a few months to make them feel desperate and piss off then so be it.

We couldn't have worse owners.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just 2 divisions now! Is it too big a game yet to ditch the preseason friendly?

He hasn't supported this club as long as we have and cares about it a fraction as much, and even that's to protect his pay packet. Yes the Saints fans were brilliant to us afterwards, but that 90 minutes of our youth team getting destroyed with ease was one of the most difficult in my time watching City.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nuneaton here we come. Fisher complete and utter bullshitter.

That's almost as good as "Hoover, he was a body remover".

Users who are viewing this thread