So proud (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

100% I found myself laughing during the second half at how ridiculous the second half and extra time were. Firstly today I wanted to see us score, and a performance to make us proud. We did that and more. Our fans exuded pride, and the United fans just slunk off at the end, almost in embarrassment.

DannyThomas_1981

100% I found myself laughing during the second half at how ridiculous the second half and extra time were. Firstly today I wanted to see us score, and a performance to make us proud. We did that and more. Our fans exuded pride, and the United fans just slunk off at the end, almost in embarrassment.
I was at the United end in Club Wembley. Heavily outnumbered by those plastics with no connection at all to United - and it showed. Nearly cried a number of times and certainly had tears in my eyes when our fans stayed to a man to applaud off the team and 75% of the United end had long gone. Kudos to our amazing team and fans - a credit to the game.

DannyThomas_1981

I found myself shaking Harry - could't believe what I was watching. Thought I might actually be dreaming.

SkyblueTexan

Proud of the team today. Now carry this performance on to the next 4 league games and win them all. No more shitshows like against Birmingham or Cardiff. Go for it Sky Blues!

13th_choice_seamer

Sadly I couldn't be there today but listened on radio and was, and still am, super-proud. What a contrast to some sky blue experiences in recent years - one that stands out is losing on pens away to Forest Green in the EFL trophy on an autumn Tuesday night in 2019 in front of 900 fans. Robins truly has Built This City from the ground up.

messiahrobins

Game changer for the Club's history. Although not quite as iconic as 87 as this was a semi final, life is of course very different now to back then, and what we did today globally will have more of an effect and because of social media and the ease of interacting from across the globe, our fanbase will today probably have gone up about 50%.
Today changes recruitment. Now agents will be encouraging players to come here and actively touting them out to us. Players will want to come here. Americans because of Wright will be taking notice and there some top players in the MLS. Japan will have been watching due to Sakamoto albeit he wasnt playing, but the Japanese are fiercely loyal.
I think there should be an open top parade bus for the players at season end tbh.

long way home

We definitely gained more than we lost yesterday, we belong in this company both on and off the field. All these games become important building blocks along the way to the main goal. You have to keep pushing on and every stage you see who can keep walking with you or is being left behind.

We just got to keep going, id say we are one if not the most progressive clubs in the country. And what i have just seen says to me it can keep growing and developing. The fans are brilliant and are driving it on and with MR and AV pushing the culture, it will be hard to stop if you get the stability off the field and gel it all together.

We are not a small club and today every element of the club was put on show for all to see. We won so many hearts and much respect for being a club that doesn't give up and a fanbase that are true fans. Its to great credit you see all the compliments from other fans and the biggest one is proper fans for a proper club..

Proud is a word but it doesn't explain the emotion you feel when to see the pictures and hear the noise. I hope Robins, Adi, recruiting dept and Doug are around a table tomorrow extending the list of new players and looking at the best possible players to make these painful days worth it.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

Game changer for the Club's history. Although not quite as iconic as 87 as this was a semi final, life is of course very different now to back then, and what we did today globally will have more of an effect and because of social media and the ease of interacting from across the globe, our fanbase will today probably have gone up about 50%.
Today changes recruitment. Now agents will be encouraging players to come here and actively touting them out to us. Players will want to come here. Americans because of Wright will be taking notice and there some top players in the MLS. Japan will have been watching due to Sakamoto albeit he wasnt playing, but the Japanese are fiercely loyal.
I think there should be an open top parade bus for the players at season end tbh.
Forget the open top bus. That’s for bigger occasions. Some Derby County fans wanted to give Wayne Rooney freedom of the city…

We’re doing well aren’t we?😀

skybluericoh

Didn’t get home until about midnight but on the game to look at pre match etc. 3.00 I went to bed. Going to watch it again tonight without scanning through bits.
When ITV starts talking about how good we are then that is a corner turned!!
Had personal texts from villa and Leicester fans saying things like ‘ hate to say this , but you were robbed, and well done. 👏

Robinshio

Would love to know the tv audience

everyone locally who wasnt there watched it - and im talking about those who hate football
I work down south, everyone in my whatsapp groups who dont watch football were totally hooked
Everyone a coventry supporter for the day at least

We should all be so proud this morning of that team, that manager , the staff, the owner, and what it is when we all come together
There is nothing like it in life
we celebrate many things in family - we get hurt by many things
My grandad summed it up - when his very last words to me were
"Im not very well --- How did the City get on today ? "

Superb everyone of you connected to the club , every supporter, every family behind every supporter - So So Proud

Users who are viewing this thread