So over to you HOFFMAN... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dialogue with Chinese billionaire.

* WARNING - believe absolutely nothing 'til it happens or, preferably, several days after it happens. If you are not demoralised and almost bereft of hope, you have further to fall. *

Paxman II

According to Richard Keys SISU should have accepted the deal in August. (you know the one on the back of a fag packet because there was no letterheads around) and for £1.
According to Richard Keys the deal is still ongoing with Hoffman and his 'investors' and SISU should again do a deal.

I see so Hoffman and his cronies were offering a deal last August and are still working on a deal today?
Wow what are they attempting to buy here? A company with so many strings and assets attached the negotiations become a long drawn out protracted affair?
Or are they looking to buy something that is stripped of any real value and given the correct offer the present ownership would likely jump at the chance of a 'buyer'?

Makes one wonder what the hell is going on with Hoffman and or his cronies?
Frankly it seems to be as much as a farce from whos ever side of the fence you are on.

The question though Paxman is surely somebody who is purchasing the club should not have a fag packet type approach......we have had enough of this sort of slack management and approaches to last us all a lifetime!

cloughie

The question though Paxman is surely somebody who is purchasing the club should not have a fag packet type approach......we have had enough of this sort of slack management and approaches to last us all a lifetime!

All this is fag packet is the words of the trusted Ken Deluded believe what you want, on the word of him ? CCFC are only 1 part in the deal,

Paxman II

Ok it seems I have to spell it out then...

WTF is Hoffman doing? What possibly could be so protracted? Perhaps he is full of it and can not even persuade his 'investors'?
Perhaps he is unwilling to compromise enough to make it happen? Maybe he won't risk any money himself? (if you asked me for investment and you were unwilling or putting only peanuts in yourself, I think I'd keep clear of you)

I've been in business for 30 odd years and you get to learn a thing or two about negotiations and deals.
I'm puzzled by this 'Hoffman' bid or non existent bid and want some answers. In or out Hoffman?
Like SISU - give us some information instead of us relying on stooges like Keys to say "it's still on".

Bunch of crap. On the evidence i see so far I suspect Hoffman and his likely backers (should they exist) may well be just as bad as the present incumbents!

Disorganised1

There was a story on CovMad that they had agreed a price with the council for the arena -

Otis

These things do take an age. Add to that;

1. Hoffman's team walked away so there is a big gap where nothing happened for some time

2. Sisu's reluctance to accept any takeover, seeking only co-investment

3. The words of Ken Dulieu. These usually appear to be worthless at best. I wouldn't trust a single word he has said. And recall, the word was that he kept saying he didn't know who the investors were and said he wanted to know who the investors were, but then went out and named some of them!!

Not sure exactly who to trust on this one, but it most certainly wouldn't be Sisu or KD for sure!

Grendel

Ok it seems I have to spell it out then...

WTF is Hoffman doing? What possibly could be so protracted? Perhaps he is full of it and can not even persuade his 'investors'?
Perhaps he is unwilling to compromise enough to make it happen? Maybe he won't risk any money himself? (if you asked me for investment and you were unwilling or putting only peanuts in yourself, I think I'd keep clear of you)

I've been in business for 30 odd years and you get to learn a thing or two about negotiations and deals.
I'm puzzled by this 'Hoffman' bid or non existent bid and want some answers. In or out Hoffman?
Like SISU - give us some information instead of us relying on stooges like Keys to say "it's still on".

Bunch of crap. On the evidence i see so far I suspect Hoffman and his likely backers (should they exist) may well be just as bad as the present incumbents!

Yes you are right. The whole situation is very strange. People think deals take time -- well they do to a point but this long? Look at some major business take-overs in this area - TATA buying Jaguar Land Rover from Ford and the rather more unpleasant take-over of Cadbury's by Kraft. These are admittedly different but massive businesses compared to a very small football club with much easier identified assets. Also if there really is something going on why is there no transparency from either side? I can why SISU don't talk about it -- they never speak about anything but there is nothing wrong with the frontmen of the consortium making very public statements about the position. It will undermine absolutely nothing. So the ultimate conclusion is nothing is happening at all or the consortium requires significant loans to make the purchase / investment and that would mean secrecy and time.

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think anyone is going to sign a deal before the end of the season, the price for a league one club can't be the same as for a championship club, so both parties will want to confirm which league City are in next year even if the chance of staying up is only 1 in 1000!

BurbageSkyBlues

Paxman, I have one question for you, and it is with respect-

If you don't know who is (if at all) negotiating, why do you refer to Hoffman and his 'cronies'?

It seems a little harsh to label someone that you know nothing about.

Personally, despite being frustrated by the lack of news, I would prefer that any negotiations are done in private, rather than have interested parties playing to the media. I know nothing, personally, of the people who may be involved, but I would imagine that there is a bridge of trust to be built, before the details can be discussed.....and there must be a lot to go over!!

Then, no doubt, there will be numerous stand-offs, which, if aired publicly, could result in the deal breaking down.

We can only wait and hope, patiently.....

Paxman II

That was my point was it not Burbage? How long is a piece of string?
As for Hoffman and his cronies? Well suggest you do some research then.....there's a lot to know about our man!

"Numerous stand offs"? Take it from me we are long past that stage.

Paxman II

Finally - flushed out!

I really would like to think there will be a takeover that replaces SISU completely but on the evidence i hear it very much sounds like a 'co-investment' of some sort that SISU can accept in the short to medium term with a takeover further down the road. can you blame SISU for not wanting investment to improve the situation and ensure they have a chance of recovering their original investment or at least more of it than Hoffman can offer up front now?

wingy

What ,like the taxpayer bailing out the City squanderers ,they effed it up ,no one else,why exactly do they deserve reward for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread