So let's have your MOtM (1 Viewer)

lbskyblues

I thought wood by a country mile only one to turn up first half and kept back four solid and won everything only the second half did jennings start to show what he is in the team for.

Mucca Mad Boys

I honestly think the whole team played somewhat well, bar Brown (and Baker), he was poor, got better, but that was still poor! Shame no on else could play there.

Cody didn't have no chances, but great assist.

Hussey, imo, played well after the 1st 20m

Special mention to Jennings & Barton who both played brilliantly, misplacing 3 passes between them.

Malaga was good bar 2 really dodgey passes. He looked good with richard Wood.

Nonleagueherewecome

Cody and Elliott were also clearly superb at communicating with each other, as evidenced by the goal. We may lack an aerial presence, but now that I've seen how well the new signings can pass a ball on the deck, we shouldn't need it from open play. Wood and Malaga give plenty of that from set-pieces!

kg82

Am I the only one who thought Barton played brilliantly? He was composed on the ball, found people under less pressure on the ball, and for someone who had suffered a triple leg break, he didn't shy away from a hard tackle!

Nope, me too! Think he looks really good. Has really impressed me so far and he was my motm.

I was aso really impressed with Malaga, Wood and Jennings. I'm hoping Fleck really brings it all together.

Also, 4 points potentially taken away from us by officials in the first 2 games! Cheers

Yorkshire SB

Yes, after last season, literally unbelievable! Quick over 10 yards too-always sprinting into position to cover. Bit like Doyle the year he led the divisions Opta stats for miles ran, but much better with the ball when he got it (which he did by winning countless 40-60 tackles). He has a much much better football brain than anyone we've had in midfield for years, too. He knows how to play the game in the way that no City player has since King IMO. Different class.

Couldn't agree more, but it wasn't the tackling that impressed me so much, because from what I'd heard about him I sort of, expected it. What really impressed me was his ability on the ball, he always kept possession and just does the simple things brilliantly. At times he passed backwards, which infuriated some brain-dead fans, but it was always the right decision to make. Really wish we'd had him last season!

Mucca Mad Boys

Jennings.good wood good. Same as last season no width go 3,5,2 or 4,4,2 drop the diamond

We played well today with the DIAMOND.

When Fleck comes back, our midfield will be at least top 3 imo - we don't need this width as Clarke and Hussey will provide this.

Grendel

We played well today with the DIAMOND.

When Fleck comes back, our midfield will be at least top 3 imo - we don't need this width as Clarke and Hussey will provide this.

We played far from well - we were poor for 75% of the game. First half was insipid and sterile.

Mucca Mad Boys

We played far from well - we were poor for 75% of the game. First half was insipid and sterile.

We defended well - bar Brown! We just struggled getting the ball forward because Sheff U pressed high up and Baker wasn't having the best of games!

Also, when we went 1-0 up, which should've been 2-0, it was inevitable Sheff U would throw everything at us and they, credit to them, they scored.

People are forgetting they are the favourites...

Smooth_operator

Richard Wood for me, he looked solid tonight.

RichieGunns

Anyone fancy lending me the £22 to come to the match on saturday ;)

And on another note...I'd say from hearing it on the radio...without Wood we would have been down by several goals so i'd have to say Wood on this occassion with Elliot coming in 2nd for his work rate and a what sounded like a cracking goal.

Last edited:

brinner

Jennings, did the simple things well and not afraid to put his foot in.

cant wait till he is fully fit he is gona be a top player for us in this division.

oakey

Elliott, closely followed by Wood and Jennings.
Honourable mention to Malaga. Only Brown disappointed.

shmmeee

Jennings, did the simple things well and not afraid to put his foot in.

cant wait till he is fully fit he is gona be a top player for us in this division.

That midfield of Jennings, Barton, Thomas and Fleck is going to be amazing for this division if we can get them all fit and firing.

pw362

Elliot not just for the goal and forward play. Anybody else notice him making tackles and breaking up their attacks in our 18 yard box?

Nonleagueherewecome

Elliot not just for the goal and forward play. Anybody else notice him making tackles and breaking up their attacks in our 18 yard box?

Yup, he was everywhere, like a box-to-box striker: in an era where the box-to-box midfielder is almost extinct, that's darn impressive. Lad has a bit of pace, too. Well, maybe it's after being used to watching Platty.

Perryccfc

Wood by a country mile. Jennings started slow and like the rest of the mid looked nervous. But by the end he had redeemed himself.

RichieGunns

That midfield of Jennings, Barton, Thomas and Fleck is going to be amazing for this division if we can get them all fit and firing.

Why is it everyone takes Kilbane out of the equation once Thomas is fit...surely Kilbane will continue in his role? I mean he's been quite commanding and clinical in the last few games. Just because he's 35 doesn't mean he's over the hill lol

And he's not just in there to cover till Thomas is fit to replace him. He's there to command the field and show the experience that he has from playing for so many years.

Unless people are going to put him at left back?

Nonleagueherewecome

He did some very smart things second half: like Barton, I think he's learning his role in the formation.

MrHorse1982

Gonna go with Stephen Elliott even in the first half when overall it wa a poor poor showing he still looked more hungry than most, ran after balls, looked interested more so than the rest. Also took his goal very well. Then mentions to wood and Jennings and Barton at times showed glimpses. Malaga potential promise. Brown just seems out of his depth

shmmeee

Why is it everyone takes Kilbane out of the equation once Thomas is fit...surely Kilbane will continue in his role? I mean he's been quite commanding and clinical in the last few games. Just because he's 35 doesn't mean he's over the hill lol

And he's not just in there to cover till Thomas is fit to replace him. He's there to command the field and show the experience that he has from playing for so many years.

Unless people are going to put him at left back?

I just would really like to see Barton and Thomas. They're both the kind of midfielders I like. Kilbane didn't impress me yesterday.

I hope just because he's a big signing and captain that he's not untouchable.

sky_blue_up_north

Jennings for me, you can see his class. He is going to be our 'glue'. Can't wait to get Fleck back. Special mention for Wood who was outstanding as well.

skyblueman

Elliot over Jennings for me although there were a few others who did very well

God isn't it great to be having to think which player out of half a dozen in the side deserved MOTM

Users who are viewing this thread