So let's have your MOtM (1 Viewer)

gally9

Ill start and it was really a no brainier for me, Elliot..

Didn't put a foot wrong, played it simple and got back into good positions, and a cracking finish.. A close second was Jennings who I thought grew into the game.. Both going to be good players for us I think.

Otis

The no brainer for me is Jennings.

Hardly a misplaced pass all game. Kept the whole team ticking over and looked class at this level.

Elliott did nowt in the first half.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Richard Wood. Sure strong composed, looked like a leader on the pitch and made two great goal saving clearances

gally9

The no brainer for me is Jennings.

Hardly a misplaced pass all game. Kept the whole team ticking over and looked class at this level.

Elliott did nowt in the first half.

To be fair.. None of them did owt in the first half..

Otis

Disagree.

I thought Jennings was good all game long.

Every pass seemed to find a Sky Blue shirt.

DukeOfCov

Ill start and it was really a no brainier for me, Elliot..

Didn't put a foot wrong, played it simple and got back into good positions, and a cracking finish.. A close second was Jennings who I thought grew into the game.. Both going to be good players for us I think.

Wood - without his defending we would've lost 1 v 3

Nonleagueherewecome

Jennings just edges it for me over Elliott. Both were superb. Elliott did a lot first half, Otis! He harried and closed down tirelessly, and his play with back to goal was five times better (and swifter) than Platt. Indeed I'll go as far as saying that if we had Elliott & Jennings instead of Clingan & Platt last season, we wouldn't have been relegated: those two aren't L1 players, they are Championship players, and to see two guys who missed most of pre-season deliver such energetic, hard-working displays really bodes well for when they (and Barton) are 100% fit.

Wood was the next best: he was probably our MOM first half, mostly for his blocks and leadership, but loses a few marks for giving the ball away a few times.

thechase

Wood and Elliott stood out a mile Wood for his overall outstanding defensive play and Elliotts finish plus his non stop running. McDonald and Malaga also had decent games.

skyblueelephant

Wood MOM - we would have lost had it not been for him.

Special mention to Jennings who looked very good but tired in the last 15mins. Malaga also looked solid.

Stevec189

Wood. Looked composed all game. All others had at best a patchy opening 35 minutes where they were struggling to find their team mates. Second half whatever was said at half time worked because they were a different side.

How we play against Bury on Sat will be key!

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

Disagree.

I thought Jennings was good all game long.

Every pass seemed to find a Sky Blue shirt.

One didn't, for which he held his hand up. That was the only one, though! Can we start singing "there's only one Steven Gerrard" at him yet?

Nonleagueherewecome

Sheff U MOM-that fucking blind lino! He gave them everything, so biased. And that was before the goal...

D

Deleted member 4232

Am I the only one who thought Barton played brilliantly? He was composed on the ball, found people under less pressure on the ball, and for someone who had suffered a triple leg break, he didn't shy away from a hard tackle!

WestEndAgro

I had to work tonight so missed the game, but it sounds like some really encouraging performances albeit, individual rather than team. Last season it was almost impossible to pick a MOTM although more often than not it was Keogh, sounds like we may have acquired some genuinely good players

PUSB

Sutty

Am I the only one who thought Barton played brilliantly? He was composed on the ball, found people under less pressure on the ball, and for someone who had suffered a triple leg break, he didn't shy away from a hard tackle!

I think he looks a lovely footballer, wouldn't say he was brilliant but there's a lot of talent there certainly.

I absolutely loved the work rate up front as well by both strikers.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Never been a Wood fan myself.. but credit where its due.. MOTM tonight..:claping hands:
Jennings a close second not spectacular but solid
and in the Bronze medal slot.....Kilbane?

Yorkshire SB

Wood, followed by Jennings, followed by Barton.

Wood was superb, made countless tackles and defensive headers.
Jennings was also class, rarely lost possession, and his work rate is unbelievable!
Barton looks technically very good, and baring in mind he is young looks like a great purchase.

I'd add to it that I thought the whole team did well second half, but in the first half I felt these three kept things competitive.

Nonleagueherewecome

Remember what Platt said about us not having talkers? Not any more: Wood, Jennings and particularly Kilbane were constantly talking to players and getting them into the right position. Shame we didn't give Barton the ball more-anyone else notice that he spent the majority of the first half in 30 yards of pace? Obviously he is miles off fitness, but the lad oozes quality on the ball.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wood, followed by Jennings, followed by Barton.

Wood was superb, made countless tackles and defensive headers.
Jennings was also class, rarely lost possession, and his work rate is unbelievable!
Barton looks technically very good, and baring in mind he is young looks like a great purchase.

I'd add to it that I thought the whole team did well second half, but in the first half I felt these three kept things competitive.

Yes, after last season, literally unbelievable! Quick over 10 yards too-always sprinting into position to cover. Bit like Doyle the year he led the divisions Opta stats for miles ran, but much better with the ball when he got it (which he did by winning countless 40-60 tackles). He has a much much better football brain than anyone we've had in midfield for years, too. He knows how to play the game in the way that no City player has since King IMO. Different class.

D

Deleted member 4232

Remember what Platt said about us not having talkers? Not any more: Wood, Jennings and particularly Kilbane were constantly talking to players and getting them into the right position. Shame we didn't give Barton the ball more-anyone else notice that he spent the majority of the first half in 30 yards of pace? Obviously he is miles off fitness, but the lad oozes quality on the ball.

I was screaming for someone to give Barton the ball at time. He had enough room at times to do an artistic gymnastics floor routine. However, its always easier to see that from the stands.

Martin180

Perhaps Jennings is the messiah ? :jerkit:

For all those who knocked his signing and quoted his goals .....:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread