So just how good are we? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Well we dropped some places without even playing yesterday, so just how bad have we become? :eek::eek:

Astute

We can make the question even funnier if you like. Would you prefer us to have played mainly teams expected to do well this season like us or Derby which have not and only 2 points off the top? Outplayed by a team that would have been in 23rd place now if they had not won?

The idea of waiting 12 to 15 games is so teams can sort out best formations and get new players to gel as well as evening out teams played so far. We have played mainly teams expecting to do well this season. Now we will get to play teams expecting to do less well this season. All teams expect one that has played Doncaster has taken 3 points, the other team getting a draw. Reading played them yesterday. The win for them took them from 23rd to 14th. Does this suddenly make them the 14th best team this season?

Today is Southampton v Brum. If Southampton win they go 1st, then if we beat Ipswich we go 13th. We then have Reading then Blackpool at home.

Then comes October. It will be a very big month for us. We will see where we are at after these games. We have Forest and Burnley at home, and Barnsley, leeds and Doncaster away. Leeds away will be a hard game, but all the other games can realistictically be wins for us. Before anyone starts I am not saying we will win 4 out of 5. They are easier games than we have had so far though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Derby had beat us they would now be in 1st place. Not bad for a poor side maybe? :thinking about:

Creating chances has not been our problem in most games. Putting them away has been. Before anyone says anything I am not saying Cody is the answer to all our problems, but when he is up to speed he will get a few. Our performances are getting gradually better. If we had started well and then went crap as we have got used to then I would be a little worried. Things are as good as we could have hoped for at the moment
Pretty sure Coventry were top of the league after 5/6 games under Dowie a few years ago. Wasn't that the year we were also almost relegated.
People are getting carried away because we beat a poor Derby side just as they got carried away back then under Dowie.
We beat Derby and people are already getting carried away and if we lose tomorrow we will be shit an getting relegated again.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's like starting a good joke at the dinner table and by the time it gets round to the punch line the original joke has been lost in translation...

God some of you freak me out some times.....

Sorry, missed the gag in the OP. I should have known that someone talking about a promotion charge was having a laugh. It should have been obvious just by looking at the table, doh!

If we are by some miracle in the top 6 at Christmas..does anyone really think SISU won't sell a few players to "finance the business" until summer anyway?

cornoccfc

Mr T - Sukka!

How good are we?

Goal keeper - Looks very shaky to me.
Defence - Looks lightweight and looks like they will let one in each game. Not solid at all and distribution is more often than not poor.
Midfield - Need some experience in there, looks like they have no bite or drive.
Attack - Just not creative enough and when they do get chances you are confident they will not score 9/10.

Subs - Dont really effect the game when they come on. Have little impact.

Summary - this will be a long hard season, best we can hope for is 4th bottom at the end of the season, i think nearly all CCFC fans would take this right now.

6 Generations

Let us take the positives, We witnessed one of the most outstanding own goals in the history of the game. Cranie needed to apply the same devestating technique when

faced with a gaping net at the right end. Another positive is that i am getting on now, but i am honestly a far better finisher at fifty effing two than any player in our fuxxxxxx squad. McSheffery, O'Donovan and Eastwood and Bell can all now fuck fucking off. I have lost it, and i am fucking sick to death of sub-standard mercenary twats!!
How good are we?

Defence - Looks lightweight and looks like they will let one in each game. Not solid at all and distribution is more often than not poor.
Midfield - Need some experience in there, looks like they have no bite or drive.
Attack - Just not creative enough and when they do get chances you are confident they will not score 9/10.

Summary - this will be a long hard season, best we can hope for is 4th bottom at the end of the season, i think nearly all CCFC fans would take this right now.

Nonleagueherewecome

I want to be optimistic but we need to keep a sense of perspective-we've won 1 game. Having just seen TFLS, we are one of 5 sides equal 2nd bottom on 5 points. A win on Monday would send us soaring up the table for sure, but a defeat leaves us looking as much in the brown stuff as we did before Derby.

So yeah..it's too early to say by far. I don't really understand why we have to either be promotion challengers or relegation certainties-for me the spectrum spans between potential relegation battlers and mid-table.

This thread should be re-named "are we actually not quite as shite as we thought we were?"

My smugness is looking pretty healthy too. I honestly take no bleeding pleasure in it though. I was so up for that tonight, and I thought the team were for 5 minutes, and then after the OG Ipswich just passed through us at will.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wallace

How good are we?

written as the game ended, GREAT supporter

Users who are viewing this thread