So, it's all the managements fault. (1 Viewer)

gzuz87

The players, who go out there and play the game, are completely blameless. I always thought that it was the managements fault who can only suggest what they do on the field of play. Its not the players fault that all the goals Coventry are conceding are sloppy goals and that if the players where told by the management not to hand to the other team these sloppy goals we might win games that we haven't scored in. Yes, lets all blame the management because since we got relegated out of the premiership that has worked a treat.

Give me a break. Sometimes the players are to blame and I think that if they looked at every team in the division as Birmingham then we would walk this league. But hey, when the new manager loses his first game maybe we can all blame him because these players are clearly not to blame.

Colonel Mustard

Managers have the ultimate responsibility to get strong, consistent performances from players. It may seem unfair at times, but isn't that how managers have always been judged?

Martin180

Managers have the ultimate responsibility to get strong, consistent performances from players. It may seem unfair at times, but isn't that how managers have always been judged?
Players have the responsibility to give their all for the cause .Many untalented players over the years have been massive fans favourites because of their effort and will to win .To under-perform and not give your all every game is one thing i detest of a player

Colonel Mustard

Players have the responsibility to give their all for the cause .Many untalented players over the years have been massive fans favourites because of their effort and will to win .To under-perform and not give your all every game is one thing i detest of a player

It may be detestable, but there can be no question that there is a link between the role of the manager and overall team performance.

gzuz87

Forgive me ,is this sarcasm ?

No, I was being 100% honest when writing that the players are blameless because the management obviously go out there and kick the ball for the lads.

And I know that the management have to inspire the team but if the team turn up for every game, with the exception of the Birmingham game which they turned up for and maybe the Arsenal game, these players all think that they are better then this league when the reality is they put us in this league. Or if they never put us in this league came from a Scottish league which isn't as good as the championship or other league one teams. So we are dealing with players who believe that because Coventry are one of the biggest team in this league that no matter what they can just turn up and the other team will be a bunch of sunday league footballers who can match them. How can the management change that attitude with out get rid of them sort of players and bringing in new players.
Every manager since we have gone down from the premier league has been sacked because fans start saying that his tactics and the way he inspires the team is wrong. Maybe, just maybe, it is the players fault sometimes as well.

Colonel Mustard

Every manager since we have gone down from the premier league has been sacked because fans start saying that his tactics and the way he inspires the team is wrong. Maybe, just maybe, it is the players fault sometimes as well.

Of course. That is universally accepted. The point is that there's nothing to be done about it. Boo to generate more apathy and resentment? Spend a fortune we don't have on elite players who do give 100%?

That's where the manager comes into play - somebody who is willing to accept the collective responsibility of the team. Every manager of this team will have had the ego to believe they can get more out of the players than the last guy - and that ego earns them a generous salary. There is no need to be soft on them.

gzuz87

Of course. That is universally accepted. The point is that there's nothing to be done about it. Boo to generate more apathy and resentment? Spend a fortune we don't have on elite players who do give 100%?

That's where the manager comes into play - somebody who is willing to accept the collective responsibility of the team. Every manager of this team will have had the ego to believe they can get more out of the players than the last guy - and that ego earns them a generous salary. There is no need to be soft on them.

But none of the last 11 managers have tried that? The problem with getting a new manager is that in 6 months time, if we are not running away with the league, he'll be sacked. Then the next guy comes in at the start of next season, starts off well and we do well till Christmas then we lose a few then he gets sacked because the fans think he has lost the dressing room. Then the next guy comes in stabilizes the team then goes into the next season, starts well then results go wrong and we sack him.

See the pattern, it is what has been going on at this club for years and for years we've gone nowhere.

It's about time that the players realize that we don't accept performance like this seasons performances. If you play badly, then the fans should be allowed to tell the players as they are not kids anymore, they are grown up professional footballers who we pay to watch. And if they preform badly then as paying customers we should be allowed to tell them.

Ccfc1979

But none of the last 11 managers have tried that? The problem with getting a new manager is that in 6 months time, if we are not running away with the league, he'll be sacked. Then the next guy comes in at the start of next season, starts off well and we do well till Christmas then we lose a few then he gets sacked because the fans think he has lost the dressing room. Then the next guy comes in stabilizes the team then goes into the next season, starts well then results go wrong and we sack him.

See the pattern, it is what has been going on at this club for years and for years we've gone nowhere.

It's about time that the players realize that we don't accept performance like this seasons performances. If you play badly, then the fans should be allowed to tell the players as they are not kids anymore, they are grown up professional footballers who we pay to watch. And if they preform badly then as paying customers we should be allowed to tell them.

None of the players have been the same for 11 years either. Are you therefore saying all players over 11 years have been wrong too? And who bought them? A motivational, disciplined, reactive manager can do a lot. I'm a teacher and had four heads in five years. Two of them motivated me and made we want to bust a gut...two of them riled me and made me just want to do the best for my class not as much for the wider school. I never went out to work diffferently...it happens.

Diehard Si

The players have to take their share of the blame.

I think most people are trying to say they have the talent but not performing for a variety of reasons. Not saying the players are blameless, but the manager is responsible for whipping them into shape. If my staff at work don't get on with their work the buck stops with me.

psgm1

Banned
I am sick and tired of hearing that the team has no money - if that were true, how can they possibly consider owning half of the Ricoh?

How is it that all of a sudden cov are no longer in debt?

How can they afford to write off such huge debts if they don't have money!

Clearly they DO have money, its just that they do not want to spend said money!

Its more and more clear that SISU want to emulate the Glazers and use the club they "own" as a sink hole for all their bad debts. These debts haven't gone, they have simply been stored away until such time that they get their hands on the stadium!

Why else would they want to stick around? They could then lumber the council with the debt when they walk away and liquidate Avro.

Great for them terrible for the city of Coventry - if nothing else SISU must never be given the keys to the arena.

Its one thing for a football team to go down, but this could cause masses of job cuts if the council end up lumbered with SISUs debt.

Users who are viewing this thread