So is it League 2 for us next season ? (1 Viewer)

runner

I appreciate that it could, could be that some of the monies that will soon be coming in, could go on players, but that's highly unlikely and history states that it won't, so given both goal scorers from last season now gone ... Moussa supported those goals and scored a few, he's gone ... so do we think we can create a team from what's left and the loanees that may come in ... that will prevent us from dropping another tier ?

Not pessimism, just wondered how people see it ... ?

Hobo

Football is full of surprises...let's wait and see.

Otis

Going to wait until all the players to be sold are sold and all the players to be brought in are brought in.

Once that has happened I am going to look at the first 10 results and see how we are doing.

When we get there then maybe I might make a judgement, but now not even seeing the team play anymore it will be more down to paper reports and fellow fans feedback to guage anything my end to be honest.

Best answer I can come up with is who knows.

CCFC_Charlie

Let's see who Pressley brings in first. We've already made two decent signings and the window only opened a few days ago.

Sky Blue Harry H

Feel slightly happier than 24 hours ago, as the sight of a few new signings always raises the spirits (until you see them play that is !!) and at least if we get them in early enough they'll have more time to gel. The forward signings will be the most telling - I still want a speed merchant alongside a brute !!

stupot07

Otis that's the most sensible thing I've read on here in months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

We felt happier though when Andy Thorn signed those 10 players didn't we!

How many of them went on to be a good signing for us?

stupot07

We felt happier though when Andy Thorn signed those 10 players didn't we!

How many of them went on to be a good signing for us?

Just fleck......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mark_ccfc

Possibly. More likely than promotion I would say. The most likely is a lacklustre season with us remaining in league 1.

skybluetony176

Who knows. We're going to be starting this season with practically a different team to the team that finished last season and given how dire we were after Xmas that might not be a bad thing. I've got a feeling we'll be changing our style of play too this season so we could have seen the last of a free scoring CCFC for a while. Truth is SP hasn't been given a budget to accommodate a couple of proven goal scorers at this level.

I'm hoping we miss a relegation battle at the end of the season and I'm not holding my breath for much more than that.

dongonzalos

Going to wait until all the players to be sold are sold and all the players to be brought in are brought in.

Once that has happened I am going to look at the first 10 results and see how we are doing.

When we get there then maybe I might make a judgement, but now not even seeing the team play anymore it will be more down to paper reports and fellow fans feedback to guage anything my end to be honest.

Hang your hat on a peg, fence sitter

Otis

Hang your hat on a peg, fence sitter

It's not though Don.

I know nothing of either of the 2 players we have signed so far. Pretty sure I will know very little about any other players we will sign. As I don't go to Sixifields and don't do away games the only time I see the City is on the TV.

City are also notorious for either poor starts or great starts to only fade away from the running later and enter a terrible period of poor form.

Wouldn't call it sitting on the fence, would call it rather astute thinking and it would be rash of me to make a stab at a guess at best.

Como

We could be very lucky on picking up good low cost signings.

Logically the big question is how much SISU will 'invest' this year.

And I doubt anybody know that.

SIR ERNIE

Well we were L1's worst form team over the final 3 months of last season and with Wilson 99% gone, that's all the best players gone.

Promotion or relegation? you work it out.

standupforcity

I appreciate that it could, could be that some of the monies that will soon be coming in, could go on players, but that's highly unlikely and history states that it won't, so given both goal scorers from last season now gone ... Moussa supported those goals and scored a few, he's gone ... so do we think we can create a team from what's left and the loanees that may come in ... that will prevent us from dropping another tier ?

Playoffs.....

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Little interest from fans and particular the owners is a toxic recipe.

Negative outlook ? yes. Realistic outlook ? pretty likely yes.

Any sport by it nature is competitive, as soon as all the components of a sporting outfit are not working together, then failure is assured.

Being totally honest , all I care about is return to Ricoh Arena in Coventry and I'm an avid Coventry City supporter.

Last edited:

Samo

As Otis said, wait and see. Impossible to judge now. But my gut says we'll be ok.

SkyblueBazza

Nope, we're definitely still league 1 next season

I reckon you're right (even joking aside ;-) ).

Think there's still time for owner idiocy to get us a points deduction for some nonsense or another - but the FL won't demote us now as it will play havoc with their precious fixtures being fulfilled.

PUSB

RFC

I will say the same as last year, we won't be relegated

Nick I don't have a clue until I've seen who's in the squad and a couple of pre-season friendlies but to be honest I think SP just might have a few surprises up his sleeve.

Will hopefully have a much better idea and more of a clue, come August.

mighty quinn

We will be relagated next year.shoe in

JohnWH

Pffft. It just wouldn't be a Coventry season without a good ol' fashioned relegation battle. Bring it on, I say...

Evans1883

as of this moment we need 4-5 more players , with a decent striker and in my opinion a striker that is powerful and can hold the ball up well , if we can manage this then i will reserve judgment on where we will finish but i will feel happy going into next season

The Reverend Skyblue

We are desperate now for at least two strikers, proven strikers at that.

My bet is we will start really well and then hit a wall come Xmas, like we do nearly every season, so if I had to put money on I would go for top of the bottom half of the table.

Off the field we will still be in in chaos, probably on the fifth appeal in the European court and come May 2015 Fisher will reveal we are down to three sites ,but cant reveal them because of confidentiality clauses and the fact rival bids would put the price up.
He still hopes to have news on the site in about 3 weeks.

I hope to fuck I am wrong and we are back in the Ricoh top of the table and having crowds of 18,000

Malaka

Spot on!

hill83

Ask again when there is 2 weeks of the season to go. It's too hard to call. We needs strikers, but a youth player could 'do a Wilson' for all we know. I'd be pleased with not going down, which is an embarrassing state of affairs really. But that's where we are now.

dongonzalos

It's not though Don.

I know nothing of either of the 2 players we have signed so far. Pretty sure I will know very little about any other players we will sign. As I don't go to Sixifields and don't do away games the only time I see the City is on the TV.

City are also notorious for either poor starts or great starts to only fade away from the running later and enter a terrible period of poor form.

Wouldn't call it sitting on the fence, would call it rather astute thinking and it would be rash of me to make a stab at a guess at best.

I was only taking the mick ;)

Astute

I want to see what squad we have and also what is going to happen with that 590k crap before I decide anything. But am certainly more optimistic than a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread