So I'm 40 and supported city since I was 5 (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Apart from 87 and a couple of decent seasons under WGS and a half season under Mowbray and Robbins will ever actually achieve success

Covstu

Define success Daz, we won't win the premier league! We will get promoted out of league one at some point if that qualifies

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well the way things are I'd take promotion at the drop of a hat
I just look at Southampton and Leicester for example who have both been through the mill in recent times and would like to be in there position
Especially Leicester's I know a lot of it is investment but the potential of city and the infrastructure around the stadium could be massive

skybluegod

I think it will be a few years yet. I am not one to get into off the field issues, but I don't think we will have any success on the Leicester or Southampton scale until Sisu are gone. That's obvious. We need owners who can invest in the club, develop the infrastructure, and invest on the pitch as well. It will happen, Sisu will sell at some point, but i fear not for another few years.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would love a promotion and a trip to Wembley maybe even at the same time.

I really enjoyed the start of this season and got quite used to winning.

Gazolba

There is always the promise of 'next season'. That is all that keeps us going. The only cure is to find something else you like better to replace it. So far I haven't found it. The Euros are coming up. I will forget about CCFC for a while.

Grendel

Apart from 87 and a couple of decent seasons under WGS and a half season under Mowbray and Robbins will ever actually achieve success

The best season surely was the season that we were in the top 4 until the end of march under Sillett?

Also in our first season in the championship we were play off certainties all the way till that prick mcginnity bought his mate Jim Smith in to fuck it all up.

Covstu

The best season surely was the season that we were in the top 4 until the end of march under Sillett?

Also in our first season in the championship we were play off certainties all the way till that prick mcginnity bought his mate Jim Smith in to fuck it all up.
Isn't this the issue, can can never finish off a season!

Hadji10

The thing with Leicester and Southampton is though (and some may not like this) they're bigger clubs than us. The fans stood by their teams when they went through the shit, ours just fuck off and moan.

Our ceiling is the Championship for the next 15 years I'm afraid.

clint van damme

The thing with Leicester and Southampton is though (and some may not like this) they're bigger clubs than us. The fans stood by their teams when they went through the shit, ours just fuck off and moan.

but they ups as well as downs. Play off, promotions as well as relegation. Ours has been a continual downward spiral.

Bumberclart

Leicester fans have always been just as fickle as ours. They may have got reasonable attendances but they gave away a LOT of free/discounted tickets. We have had absolutely fuck all to cheer about since '87, its hardly surprising that the core fanbase is shrinking by the season.

Users who are viewing this thread