So Do All Teams Need Time to Gel? (1 Viewer)

craigSKYBLUE

Puerile statement. Not really worthy of response but I will. No I wouldn't moan but we haven't so I can only put this down as an attempt at diverting a question you have no answer to.
You cannot deny that the teams with maximum points probably wouldn't have them if they had our first two fixtures

CCFC_Charlie

This is beyond a joke and getting pathetic now. Just because we didn't win our first two games of the season doesn't mean we're going to struggle. Some teams get off to better starts than others, how many times have we been up their after a few games and finished near the bottom? We cannot read anything into these early results.

craigSKYBLUE

This is beyond a joke and getting pathetic now. Just because we didn't win our first two games of the season doesn't mean we're going to struggle. Some teams get off to better starts than others, how many times have we been up their after a few games and finished near the bottom? We cannot read anything into these early results.
no point saying that here.although correct you will be flamed lol

Grendel

no point saying that here.although correct you will be flamed lol

No it is correct. However the performance levels do matter. Lack of attempts on goal, inability to hold on to leads, questionable substitutions, players out of position - these are still evident and are far more concerning than the actual results.

Nonleagueherewecome

Has anyone had a vendetta against any manager? Must be at least one you thought was not up to it. Hardly a vendetta, just a conclusion you draw from what you witness.

No but you have to admit you are a stuck record. You don't like Thorn, and wanted him gone last season, and that clouds your view of this season.

Otis

No it is correct. However the performance levels do matter. Lack of attempts on goal, inability to hold on to leads, questionable substitutions, players out of position - these are still evident and are far more concerning than the actual results.

Agree. I don't mind us losing if we have put in a good performance. You just accept that if we continue to put in good performances the results should come, though there are other factors too, like last season and having no-one to put the ball in the back of the net etc., but usually if you usually perform consistently well the the performances should be reflected in results.

On Tuesday though in that first half we had no shots on goal and not a single corner. Very odd stat that for a home team to have.

I am rather concerned because that is 3 games in, not one good performance and should we lose on Saturday the picture would then look very bleak.

Sick Boy

Nice post, Otis. If we carry on putting in these sorts of performances, we can forget about promotion. I predict we will end up around 15th due the Thorn factor.

Some people are blind to his obvious flaws, yet they are unable to tell us what makes him a good manager and worth pursuing with in the long-term.

Nonleagueherewecome

If he doesn't win in the next two games I say get rid. But I'm pro-Thorn, yeah?

Grendel

No just Grendel who attacks the manager if he sneezes too loudly

He can sneeze like an elephant if he wins football matches. He doesn't. I'd love to see him prove me wrong and we do well. He has yet to do so.

Mucca Mad Boys

Other than the 3 who are top of the league with maximum points.:facepalm:

Who won't maintain the form, especially Tranmere :jerkit:

Vendetta: A prolonged bitter quarrel with or campaign against someone.

On that definition; the likes of Sick Boy, Grendal, Carrie B have a clear vendetta against AT :claping hands:

Last edited:

ClarrieB

Who won't maintain the form, especially Tranmere :jerkit:

Vendetta: A prolonged bitter quarrel with or campaign against someone.

On that definition; the likes of Sick Boy, Grendal, Carrie B have a clear vendetta against AT :claping hands:

Murphys%20Stout%204pk%20Cans%20WEB.jpg

Mucca Mad Boys

Grendal and co's argument:

No teams need time to gel, their early form dictates the final finish.

Reading got off to a great start last season... Weren't they something like 21pts off 1st in Jan? And they won the league.

Man U most seasons where they're 7th in August and come back to win the league or push it to the final 2 games?

But yeah, no such thing as 'gelling', it's a myth... :whistle:

smouch1975

Mixing it with the top two.
Given that we play Bury today, win expected.
Doncaster play Yeovil on the 1st draw expected

Then us against Tranmere on the 15th
That's one the present top teams playing a game we drew, us playing a game where one of them won.

So the 15th is D day. Gelling over with, we win or lose. We can be right up there or not. I'll see how things are traveling by then

Users who are viewing this thread