So come on... (2 Viewers)

Dinyull

At the begining of every season we usually say what position we think we'll end the season (on GMK at least!!!). So, where do you think we'll finish?

Thread bare squad, still talk of players leaving, an inexperianced manager and fans well and truely pissed off I can't see past relegation at the minute.

Can't even bring myself round to say I hope I'm wrong because something drastic needs to change.

JazzCat

Somewhere between 15 - 20th as usual. Maybe 20th. A little slump towards the end of the season sees us drop from mid-table down a little.

ashbyjan

Every year I look forward to the start of the season but this time I cannot see any glimmers of hope or crumbs of comfort to cling onto. I think the only teams that rank down with us are Watford, Darlington and Barnsley and possibly Peterborough so, unless something drastic happens, its relegation. Bloody depressing but that is the way I feel

stay_up_skyblues

With no signings and if Juke goes i can honestly see us finishing bottom, P'boro will be on a high from promotion which should be worth a few points to them, Watford are not that badder side.

With no Juke and once Sammy and McSheff pick up injuries we look terrible. Platt and ROD in front of a midfield of kids is not even a decent league 1 forward line.

Nonleagueherewecome

Squad is threadbare, owners are killing us..AT and the kids to do their best, but I can't see any better than 23rd. Probably bottom by some distance if we're realistic. You just can't strip a squad of quality and not sign any replacements like we have.

andyboy81

17th

Above; Watford, Millwall, Peterborough, Barnsley, Crystal Palace, Doncaster & Hull. (no Particular Order)

Marty

going for a cheeky 21st, can see us miles behind the pack though. 24th and by some distance :censored::blue:

rob9872

24th

:blue:

rob9872

If anyone wants to take a punt on Platt then don't go to the crookies as I'll personally lay you 200/1 for as much as my house is worth

covcity4life

16th

we have repalced westy with a competenet keeper by all accounts,midfield is better off this year with brigimana and thomas,deegan back,so losing gunnar isnt that big a deal

were only massivly weaker upfront due to king leaving,but this formation creates chances and i expect juke/eastwood/ROD to finish enough chances to ensure survivial.

andyboy81

16th

we have repalced westy with a competenet keeper by all accounts,midfield is better off this year with brigimana and thomas,deegan back,so losing gunnar isnt that big a deal

were only massivly weaker upfront due to king leaving,but this formation creates chances and i expect juke/eastwood/ROD to finish enough chances to ensure survivial.

That's the Spirit! There's nothing quite like a bit of optimism!

skyblu3sk

I'm going to go with 20th, weaker squad than last season so see no reason why we would be above last seasons finish.

sky_blue_up_north

Just can't see anything from stopping us going down. Couple of injuries to key players game over. Every season I always fancy us to be in the top 10, totally opposite this time, maybe that will hope.

sky_blue_up_north

That's the Spirit! There's nothing quite like a bit of optimism!

You can tell the young kids, after 50 years you get wore down, slowly but surely

Otis

Agree. We will be okay until injuries kick-in and kick-in they surely will.

We have no depth and that could prove to be our downfall.

@richh87

If we get a decent striker on loan from the Prem we might actually have a stronger match day squad than last season due to the emergence of Conor Thomas and Biggy (Gael). It's the depth of the squad that worries me, and the injuries from the weekend have highlighted that.

Dinyull

Youth team players coming through should be a bonus to the squad. To be relying on them having proved nothing going into the first game of the season is a little worrying to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread