So a new ground won't be Brandon (1 Viewer)

Otis

MODERATOR HAT ON
Could we tone down the migration/immigration/immigrants side of things or just stop it altogether please. This is supposed to be a discussion about Brandon and the Bees. Thank you MODERATOR HAT OFF

Well said.

This is supposed to be about speedway, so the last thing we want is a load of foreigners coming over here and taking all our bikes.;)

Ashdown

No it's not. It's a smokescreen for the effects of cutting public services. Economically it's a plus. Socially you may have a point. Besides, we're one of the few countries in Europe with a high birth rate. Our population would be growing regardless.

If you want better public services you're backing the wrong side.

I'm not sure there is anyone who is that fit to back ?
My point was not really political but related to house building and yes the causes of this are relevant. Here's another example, when does it end ?
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/protest-march-against-coventry-green-7916604

wingy

It's a tad Intriguing that whoever Is behind this seem to wish to remain anonymous .

On the other matters arising In this thread ,maybe someone could start It again In the Off Topic forum ,i'd gladly contribute some thoughts on the overall effects In there.

J

Jack Griffin

Would just like to say, incidentally, that a valid use of the Ricoh site would have been to convert it to use for the Speedway side, if the football team didn't want to play there.

As opposed to parachuting in a random side from elsewhere.

Let's hope they get some support off CCC to get a new site, at least... given their commitment to top level sport, after all.

TBH it crossed my mind that if SISU build a new stadium it might be a joint venture with speedway with the future intention of selling it to Bees as a (motor sports / greyhound racing only venue) when they could nab a distressed Ricoh at a later stage.

But now that bridge has been burned.

J

Jack Griffin

Okay. As I say, I really cannot abide it. There are only 3 sports that I really, really detest with a passion and they are figure skating, dressage and speedway. Find them all incredibly boring and even if someone offered me a ticket to Brandon and a free meal I honestly still wouldn't go.

Can't even begin to tell you how much I hate speedway, so no, Ash, I will not be visiting Brandon soon. I do always want to see Coventry teams do well though, so good luck to them in finding a new venue.

You can stand syncronised swimming, lordy lordy!

Macca

MODERATOR HAT ON
Could we tone down the migration/immigration/immigrants side of things or just stop it altogether please. This is supposed to be a discussion about Brandon and the Bees. Thank you MODERATOR HAT OFF

Don't worry I can't imagine the thought police have the time to monitor SBT!

RoboCCFC90

What is happening to our Sports Clubs in Coventry, firstly the Sky Blues have been in the mire for years, the Rugga then gets outsiders move to the Ricoh due to a favour from the local Council and now this rubbish related to the Bee's? It's all wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrakesFan

TBH it crossed my mind that if SISU build a new stadium it might be a joint venture with speedway with the future intention of selling it to Bees as a (motor sports / greyhound racing only venue) when they could nab a distressed Ricoh at a later stage.

But now that bridge has been burned.

A football ground with a track round the pitch? God please no!

CCFC PimpRail

Sisu(TF) said they were only going to consider selling when the club were "on the up". Which was about 30 minutes before the Gillingham game kick-off. See those lights twinkling on the horizon...? That is another ship that has sailed...

fernandopartridge

Bad few weeks for Coventry sport!

Dear Resident

TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990 LAND AT BRANDON STADIUM, RUGBY ROAD An outline planning application is being prepared for a residential development on the site at Brandon Stadium, Rugby Road. An exhibition to display these proposals has been arranged for: SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER 2014 BETWEEN 10.15AM - 1PM IN THE BINLEY WOODS VILLAGE HALL, RUGBY ROAD, BINLEY WOODS, COVENTRY, CV3 2AX You are cordially invited to view these proposals. Members of the planning team will be in attendance to answer any questions and you will have the opportunity to leave your comments and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you at the exhibition.
Don't expect lateral thinking on here

Users who are viewing this thread