So, 0 out of 5 so far........ (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

With us seemingly missing all of our first 5 transfer targets and Fisher saying last night that players from our current squad (who can/want to play at a higher level) will leave, I am now more worried than ever.

You have to assume players don't want to come here because of:

- our precarious financial position
- our owners lack of investment and ambition
- Poor financial packages being put foward during contract negotiations

If we add to that losing important first team players, such as Keogh, Cranie, McSheffrey and possibly even some promising youngsters too. This really will show the rest of the footballing word what direction our club is heading and will therefore dictate the quality of players we will be able to attract.

I think we can forget signings like John Fleck to be honest. I can't see past us recruiting more Hussey and Herman type players.

UGH, the torture continues...............................

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
that we know of ...........

but lets be fair a lot of it is paper talk ............ how many of us really thought Norwood would sign for example

KersleyDigs

I know!

This situation really does typify the arrogance of our owners/directors. Even the thought of some of the players they are/were targeting coming to us is laughable to be honest!

Why would anyone that has more than one option want to come here?

I think we need to get real in terms of our targets, basically we will only sign players no-one else wants.

Re: Paper talk, many CCFC staff including Thorn and Fisher have mentioned Norwood as a target...

shy_tall_knight

Don't worry season does not start for another 7 weeks, remember last season still plenty of time to get another goalie. Shitsu's masterplan was to have 2 new goalies last season but failed when they found out that you can only have 1 goalie on the pitcch at any given time. Plan B was then to hope AT could work miracles with a poor squad and the rest is history which keeps repeating itself.

grego_gee

Don't panic! its not just us. All clubs are in debt and FFP is changing things. AT HAS BEEN GIVEN A BUDGET! He has more than 400k and could afford both Norwood and Fleck. He has to balance it. Stay calm and pray! :pimp:

skybluegary

The way its going if u bring ur boots u can have a game because we wont have a team oh! PS dont forget ur coat for the goalposts

ccfcway

that we know of ...........

but lets be fair a lot of it is paper talk ............ how many of us really thought Norwood would sign for example

Paper talk..

Fisher and Thorn said we had bid for Norwood...

Its not like we have been linked to Messi..

Tad

Does anyone ever get the feeling the football gods are just pointing and laughing at us?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
AT was reported to have said "I would love to sign Olly "

It was said we had been in contact with Man Utd last month but according to Waggott we were still "a little way off"

Sorry but that just comes over as spin......... we were never in the running to sign Norwood is the reality

Sky Blue 64

Can Someone Remind me?

Why did SISU want to get involved with football in the first place? Before us they showed interest in Man City (irony) and Southampton.... but we got them!!!!

Will this nightmare ever end?

That said ..... City till I die

KersleyDigs

I should imagine the budget/transfer meeting between Thorn and Fisher went something like this.......

Thorn: Slides piece of paper accross the table to Fisher, that reads

List of Transfer Targets for 1st team in League One:

Defender: Herd
Midfielder: Norwood
Midfielder: Syers
Midfielder: Fleck
Striker: Collins
Striker: Nouble

Fisher: Ok, i'll just need to run that by a few people (taps away on email). Right, wow, Joy has come straight back, i'll print it off so we can go through it together.
Fisher: Pushes print out accross the table to Thorn, paper reads:

Hi Andy, I see you need more players?! Problem solved........

Defender: Willis
Defender: Henderson
Midfielder: Ruffells
Midfielder: Roberts
Midfielder: Phillips
Striker: Jeffers
Striker: Wilson
Striker: Daniels

skyblue1523

i know what bang bang bang meant players knocking on mangers door to ask for the exit.:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

sky blue john

A player choosing any club especially if they have ambition will ask the question can that team potentialy win something or get promoted ?
If the player thinks yes to that question and the money is right he will ask for assurances before he signs that they won't go and sell their best four players.
Sisu can't give that sort of commitment so all the players we have approached have and will go else where !!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Does anyone ever get the feeling the football gods are just pointing and laughing at us?

Bit of a Johnny Rotten vibe there, Tad! Ever get the feeling you've been lied to? :mad:

Fisher even admitted they will begin making offers after the 1st (translated as we haven't bothered doing a lot yet). So expect it to be more like late July before we sign anyone. Jesus stop whining we have until the end of August don't we? Coventry City... What did you expect? Be thankful we haven't sold any of our good players and wait for the last week of the transfer window when we normally do business haha.

Nonleagueherewecome

Fisher even admitted they will begin making offers after the 1st (translated as we haven't bothered doing a lot yet). So expect it to be more like late July before we sign anyone. Jesus stop whining we have until the end of August don't we? Coventry City... What did you expect? Be thankful we haven't sold any of our good players and wait for the last week of the transfer window when we normally do business haha.

Says the man with the ironically appropriate username-five a side is the only league we'll be able to enter soon! :mad:

TheRoyalScam

I should imagine the budget/transfer meeting between Thorn and Fisher went something like this.......

Thorn: Slides piece of paper accross the table to Fisher, that reads

List of Transfer Targets for 1st team in League One:

Defender: Herd
Midfielder: Norwood
Midfielder: Syers
Midfielder: Fleck
Striker: Collins
Striker: Nouble

Fisher: Ok, i'll just need to run that by a few people (taps away on email). Right, wow, Joy has come straight back, i'll print it off so we can go through it together.
Fisher: Pushes print out accross the table to Thorn, paper reads:

Hi Andy, I see you need more players?! Problem solved........

Defender: Willis
Defender: Henderson
Midfielder: Ruffells
Midfielder: Roberts
Midfielder: Phillips
Striker: Jeffers
Striker: Wilson
Striker: Daniels

:thinking about:Reminds me of this post: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/17619-Squad-Problems-Solved...

I made my 'informed decision' a year ago......

.......just need kduffy and torchomatic to tell me I'm not a real fan because I won't renew my ST while these lunatics have taken over the asylum.;)

torchomatic

Never said that anyone who doesn't sign up isn't a real fan. Each to their own.

TheRoyalScam

Quote from Ben Herd re CCFC: "They offered me quite a good deal but there was something I felt wasn't quite right about it."

So he's just signed a new contract with Aldershot.

Can't say I blame him really.

It's all a bit like a bad dream at the moment.:eek:

The Reverend Skyblue

Are we still linked to that Zinedine Zidane like, captain of Aldershot, or has he seen the light and signed for Hereford.
I'm totally bored stiff of the non movement on players, is there are no-one out there we're after, someone whose likely to come instead of random names from another web-site.
Can the club tell us how are they going to make more people buy ST's. Every other club in the league seem to be buying players, even Yeovil bought two players yesterday

The Rev

ccfcway

Cov
MK Dons
Portsmouth

Only one not to buy anyone in our division

Preston lead the way with 13 new players

Glen

It's all bollocks we will sign no one and sell everyone one but we have to the club loses to much money and sisu have no clue

Users who are viewing this thread