Smoking footballers (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

As I mentioned on another post, I remember Ernie Machin sitting on the bench puffing away after being substituted...it was all perfectly normal then. So long as you did your job on the field, that was all that mattered...Wilshire isn't doing a bad job so what's the problem? And I speak as a non-smoker!

ajsccfc

Sport science has moved on massively, and each player represents a significant investment especially at higher levels. Wilshere may not be doing a bad job, but if he's willfully doing something that could impede him in any way (even if it's a crafty fag or sneaking some ketchup) he'll be criticised. As lucrative and cushy as it appears, being a successful footballer does involve a lot of sacrifice. I admire the players who get fat when they retire, making up for lost time.

hutch1972

A ferguson once said he would rather have a team of smokers than drinkers , and he isn't a bad judge of players.

Russian Gun Dogs

A ferguson once said he would rather have a team of smokers than drinkers , and he isn't a bad judge of players.

I'm sure he'd rather have neither!!

deanocity3

images

anyone remember Julian Dicks? West Ham defender.... he was on 20 a day and never get called up for england because of his smoking and shaved head!!

Users who are viewing this thread