Smoke and mirror tactics from our "board"...and will any of them be at Southampton? (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

Dont know how this will come out as there are a few things I want to say....so just going to write...

Firstly....I was outraged at the stewards yesterday....would it really have hurt them to let our fans onto the pitch AFTER the game yesterday to demonstrate underneath/in front of the directors box....remember being involved in something like this in the early 90's demonstrating against Richardson at HR. The fans needed to vent and im guessing that the publicity that this would have generated is the reason behing the stewards NOT letting this happen....I was also kind of disappointed that the City fans did not "force" the issue somewhat!

Secondly...I am guessing that the "statement" regarding Thorn, the plan, and the coming season is just a smoke and mirror tactic, as many have suggested on here to try to placate the fans while the REAL stuff is going on behind the scenes.....(i have other info re Thorn that leads me to believe this to be the case....will add later...)
I am guessing that stuff will come out AFTER the last game so that there will be no chance of any action by fans (Olympic football a possibilty though,....)

Thirdly....With the lack of opportunity of any worth while demo/venting of anger yesterday....and with the possibility of Southampton being promoted next week....and THEIR fans going on the pitch....would any of our lot have the inclination to get on the pitch at St Mary's and voice our anger infront of the directors box there...I know there will be a few :)-/) southampton fans on there too...but a thousand or so City fans en mass may be noticable....IF ANY OF OUR BOARD ARE THERE........

And lastly....and I have been very reluctant to post this...but In light of news coming out of the club re liquidation...this leads me to believe that the Thorn stuff is just lies...
But (awaits howls of derision.....) i have heard from a VERY good source WITHIN the game that new investment and a new management team are in place ready for next season!
This source did not and would not reveal any more but he is passionate about the club, is an ex employee, still HEAVILY involved in football at the HIGHEST level...and would only say...not to worry...everything will be fine! (before anybody asks...I cannot give names..)
Now i am worrying a bit that this was conditional on a takeover....or maybe that Keys is trying to force the issue.....but above all....it has increased my hatred of SISU and in light of what I have heard ...and what is coming out of the club "officially" and unofficially...lead me actaully now think they are a bunch of proper C**TS!!!

PUSB.......

skybluesam66

liquidation will not happen - it is just being quoted as a negotiation tool

eg sisu saying they can get £3m from liquidation, so why take £1 from hoffman

hoffmans group pay say £2m for club, £10m for half of stadium, put £3m into the team - and all of a sudden, they have a break even business - with great opportunities for development etc for £15m

the value of that with the 50% stake alone is worth 30m

that is
a) why we wont go into liquidation , but also
b) Why sisu are holding out for as much as they can its called brinkmanship, and is exactly what happened when they took over

Godiva

Firstly....I was outraged at the stewards yesterday....would it really have hurt them to let our fans onto the pitch AFTER the game yesterday to demonstrate underneath/in front of the directors box....remember being involved in something like this in the early 90's demonstrating against Richardson at HR. The fans needed to vent and im guessing that the publicity that this would have generated is the reason behing the stewards NOT letting this happen....I was also kind of disappointed that the City fans did not "force" the issue somewhat!

Pitch invasions are not free ... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-fined-20-000-pitch-invasion-Aston-Villa.html

shepardo01

liquidation will not happen - it is just being quoted as a negotiation tool

eg sisu saying they can get £3m from liquidation, so why take £1 from hoffman

hoffmans group pay say £2m for club, £10m for half of stadium, put £3m into the team - and all of a sudden, they have a break even business - with great opportunities for development etc for £15m

the value of that with the 50% stake alone is worth 30m

that is
a) why we wont go into liquidation , but also
b) Why sisu are holding out for as much as they can its called brinkmanship, and is exactly what happened when they took over

Ok....im no money/business man...but that kind of makes sense mate!

MattCCFC

I don't think there should be any on-pitch protests at Southampton. It's not the place. They've done well this season and deserve their day. Should'nt ruin that.

Otis

Dont know how this will come out as there are a few things I want to say....so just going to write...

Secondly...I am guessing that the "statement" regarding Thorn, the plan, and the coming season is just a smoke and mirror tactic, as many have suggested on here to try to placate the fans while the REAL stuff is going on behind the scenes.....(i have other info re Thorn that leads me to believe this to be the case....will add later...)
I am guessing that stuff will come out AFTER the last game so that there will be no chance of any action by fans (Olympic football a possibilty though,....)

Thirdly....With the lack of opportunity of any worth while demo/venting of anger yesterday....and with the possibility of Southampton being promoted next week....and THEIR fans going on the pitch....would any of our lot have the inclination to get on the pitch at St Mary's and voice our anger infront of the directors box there...I know there will be a few :)-/) southampton fans on there too...but a thousand or so City fans en mass may be noticable....IF ANY OF OUR BOARD ARE THERE........

And lastly....and I have been very reluctant to post this...but In light of news coming out of the club re liquidation...this leads me to believe that the Thorn stuff is just lies...
But (awaits howls of derision.....) i have heard from a VERY good source WITHIN the game that new investment and a new management team are in place ready for next season!
This source did not and would not reveal any more but he is passionate about the club, is an ex employee, still HEAVILY involved in football at the HIGHEST level...and would only say...not to worry...everything will be fine! (before anybody asks...I cannot give names..)
Now i am worrying a bit that this was conditional on a takeover....or maybe that Keys is trying to force the issue.....but above all....it has increased my hatred of SISU and in light of what I have heard ...and what is coming out of the club "officially" and unofficially...lead me actaully now think they are a bunch of proper C**TS!!!

PUSB.......

Bloody hope what you are saying is right. Been too many false rumours on here this season.

kepit 2 yusen

A very good post Shepardo01.
Firstly the issue of the stewards, they acted appallingly and yet again only inflamed the situation, what a pity the tv cameras point the wrong way at the Ricoh ! Referee Chris Foy seems to bring out the worst in those dopey failed/wannabe cops. Chris Foy refereed the Derby game where the meatheads went for glory there ! - one we cant blame the ref for ! This was Sisu clearly bringing out its yap dogs.

The statements and comments of Thorn and Fisher were just too convenient and whilst I realise and believe that Thorn naively said his bit in very good faith, Fisher was chilling to listen to. He sounded very cagey and spoke as if he had only just "got the message" in terms of the clubs demise. This was a calculated and coniving delivery, the substance of which actually promised us nothing but sort of said the right things. He did actually admit that there would be no increase in the wage bill, which would seem to me like no improvement in quality. Good players dont volunteer to play for Cov. As you suggest, everything was delivered to placate fans "and Thorn" as not to embarrass them in the coming couple of weeks. It was a piece of politics at the highest level delivered with less credibility than a crocodile asking you to stroke his tongue as he wanted to become friends.

I really hope something is in the offing to get these wankers packed on the first Harry Shaw out of town but I wish Mr Keys et el would "keep their gobs shut!" at this stage unless they are of course under instruction by the interested parties to drip feed propaganda, who cares if the fans get what they want - I personaly want facts from the men that matter not fiction or facts that are scuppered and turn into fiction. Liquidation ? - a cruel negotiating tactic possibly ? - along the lines of give me what I want or I'll drop your child that Im holding onto out of the window !!

A mass party to wave them off would be so nice ! - heres hoping ! PUSB

Fingers crossed.

blueflint

hope your right shep we need sopme good news im still deciding wether to stay a true sky blue :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

shepardo01

A very good post Shepardo01.
Firstly the issue of the stewards, they acted appallingly and yet again only inflamed the situation, what a pity the tv cameras point the wrong way at the Ricoh ! Referee Chris Foy seems to bring out the worst in those dopey failed/wannabe cops. Chris Foy refereed the Derby game where the meatheads went for glory there ! - one we cant blame the ref for ! This was Sisu clearly bringing out its yap dogs.

The statements and comments of Thorn and Fisher were just too convenient and whilst I realise and believe that Thorn naively said his bit in very good faith, Fisher was chilling to listen to. He sounded very cagey and spoke as if he had only just "got the message" in terms of the clubs demise. This was a calculated and coniving delivery, the substance of which actually promised us nothing but sort of said the right things. He did actually admit that there would be no increase in the wage bill, which would seem to me like no improvement in quality. Good players dont volunteer to play for Cov. As you suggest, everything was delivered to placate fans "and Thorn" as not to embarrass them in the coming couple of weeks. It was a piece of politics at the highest level delivered with less credibility than a crocodile asking you to stroke his tongue as he wanted to become friends.

I really hope something is in the offing to get these wankers packed on the first Harry Shaw out of town but I wish Mr Keys et el would "keep their gobs shut!" at this stage unless they are of course under instruction by the interested parties to drip feed propaganda, who cares if the fans get what they want - I personaly want facts from the men that matter not fiction or facts that are scuppered and turn into fiction. Liquidation ? - a cruel negotiating tactic possibly ? - along the lines of give me what I want or I'll drop your child that Im holding onto out of the window !!

A mass party to wave them off would be so nice ! - heres hoping ! PUSB

Fingers crossed.

"It was a piece of politics at the highest level delivered with less credibility than a crocodile asking you to stroke his tongue as he wanted to become friends"...YES....thats what i was getting at with that part...you are bang on with that analogy!!! :claping hands:

BackRoomRummermill

PUSB.......

Pure Fantasy mate ........ Get your mum to wake you up

Brighton Sky Blue

If the OP is correct, it makes Fisher one of two things:

1. He is a flat liar with respect to his comments regarding next season and the contents of his statement yesterday.

2. He actually knows about as much as the rest of us, slightly more, or slightly less.

In which case, what is he doing?

Snozzer

I've told Nick a few things privately but there's also plenty I can't.
However, my opinion is the takeover WILL happen
I also believe Andy Thorn has been treated abysmally by the owners and has a lot of dirt on them. For fear of any sort of litigation that could be aimed at me I'll leave it at that!!!

shepardo01

I also believe Andy Thorn has been treated abysmally by the owners and has a lot of dirt on them. For fear of any sort of litigation that could be aimed at me I'll leave it at that!!!

Like it Snozzer.
Im sure he does have a lot on them....must be hard for him to bite his tongue...but everbody needs a job right!?
Guess you have different avenues of info.....but like that you have heard some positives.

Otis

PUSB.......

Have you not thought of tweeting Richard Keys on this to see if he has any say on the matter at all?

shepardo01

Have you not thought of tweeting Richard Keys on this to see if he has any say on the matter at all?

I wouldnt know what to say Otis....and probably wouldnt be able to put it in so few characters... would rather just hang on to what I have to be honest in the hope that it is true..........

joemercersaces

All season every time a SISU Out chant has been started I've kept quiet, thinking to myself, "what's the alternative if they do piss off?". All season.

Then yesterday the cry went up "Stand Up if you hate SISU". I thought about it. I thought about our relegation, about the lost players, the false promises, Brodie, Dulieu, Onye, Fisher, the way Andy Thorn appears to have been shafted.

And I stood up.

ccfcway

hows this going snoozer ?

Users who are viewing this thread