Slowpoke RIP (2 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’s with a heavy heart that I announce “Slowpoke” (my Dad) has gone to the big Sky Blues Fan club in the sky.

Dad was a massive Coventry City supporter and had been following them since the late 50s. He was a regular at Highfield Road, and used to travel up and down the country following them with his Dad, and then friends. His heart and memories were more for the Highfield Road days, but he also watched us play at the Ricoh/CBS until his health prevented him from going as much.
Dad’s knowledge of the Coventry City “Golden days” and the “revolution” under Jimmy Hill was second to none and often spoke fondly of players like George Hudson, Tommy Hutchison, Ronnie Rees, George Curtis etc and loved football as a whole.
Dad worked at Massey Ferguson for years and worked alongside some former players, Ronnie Farmer being one and loved chatting football with him.

Dad also managed in the Minor League for years (Crown Spartak and Coundon Cockerels) and his reading of a game was second to none.

Dad was also a very proud Grandad whose grandson plays for Coventry City Academy U18s and watched him develop through the years, so he’ll be looking down and keeping a watchful eye on him. Dad also wanted the best for the first team, which has been a difficult watch during the SISU days, but his wish was always to live long enough to see Coventry City Football Club become a good team/club again, which I believe has been achieved.

I will always be thankful to him and for giving me my love of Coventry City.

RIP Dad, PUSB xxx

Sincere condolences, RIP Slowpoke.

rob9872

Was he up on the scoreboard at half time with the Sky Blues fans memorial?

Did I notice Jan (can't even start to spell his surname) in the memorial? Wasn't he ashbyjan on here & was involved in the Sky Blues Trust?
I don't want to really take this off track, bit I also thought I saw the name 'Jan Mokrzycki' and assumed from the trust, but on his twitter account he only posted a few days back. Can't imagine we have many fans with that name.

Robinshio

I don't want to really take this off track, bit I also thought I saw the name 'Jan Mokrzycki' and assumed from the trust, but on his twitter account he only posted a few days back. Can't imagine we have many fans with that name.
looks like his dad

olderskyblue

RIP slowpoke, condolences to family & friends

clint van damme

Very sad news. RIP Slowpoke.

Condolences to Shankly and the rest of your family.

Should we have a 'memoriam' page on the site? We've lost a few posters in the last few years and although Fellatio has a tribute on the main header it feels like they should all be remembered in some way.

@Nick Is this something that could be looked into Nick?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
@Nick Is this something that could be looked into Nick?
Nice idea Clint. I've wondered about this myself. Don't see posts from someone for a while, only to find out later that they have passed away. At least this would be a nice tribute page. (Just hope I'm not one of the first additions!)

clint van damme

Nice idea Clint. I've wondered about this myself. Don't see posts from someone for a while, only to find out later that they have passed away. At least this would be a nice tribute page. (Just hope I'm not one of the first additions!)

Though just to clarify, it was Sky Blue Dreamers idea!
im sure youll out last most of us H!

Users who are viewing this thread