Slowpoke RIP (1 Viewer)

Tile Hill Phil

It’s with a heavy heart that I announce “Slowpoke” (my Dad) has gone to the big Sky Blues Fan club in the sky.

Dad was a massive Coventry City supporter and had been following them since the late 50s. He was a regular at Highfield Road, and used to travel up and down the country following them with his Dad, and then friends. His heart and memories were more for the Highfield Road days, but he also watched us play at the Ricoh/CBS until his health prevented him from going as much.
Dad’s knowledge of the Coventry City “Golden days” and the “revolution” under Jimmy Hill was second to none and often spoke fondly of players like George Hudson, Tommy Hutchison, Ronnie Rees, George Curtis etc and loved football as a whole.
Dad worked at Massey Ferguson for years and worked alongside some former players, Ronnie Farmer being one and loved chatting football with him.

Dad also managed in the Minor League for years (Crown Spartak and Coundon Cockerels) and his reading of a game was second to none.

Dad was also a very proud Grandad whose grandson plays for Coventry City Academy U18s and watched him develop through the years, so he’ll be looking down and keeping a watchful eye on him. Dad also wanted the best for the first team, which has been a difficult watch during the SISU days, but his wish was always to live long enough to see Coventry City Football Club become a good team/club again, which I believe has been achieved.

I will always be thankful to him and for giving me my love of Coventry City.

RIP Dad, PUSB xxx
Rest in peace thank you for your support of the City PUSB

Martw

It’s with a heavy heart that I announce “Slowpoke” (my Dad) has gone to the big Sky Blues Fan club in the sky.

Dad was a massive Coventry City supporter and had been following them since the late 50s. He was a regular at Highfield Road, and used to travel up and down the country following them with his Dad, and then friends. His heart and memories were more for the Highfield Road days, but he also watched us play at the Ricoh/CBS until his health prevented him from going as much.
Dad’s knowledge of the Coventry City “Golden days” and the “revolution” under Jimmy Hill was second to none and often spoke fondly of players like George Hudson, Tommy Hutchison, Ronnie Rees, George Curtis etc and loved football as a whole.
Dad worked at Massey Ferguson for years and worked alongside some former players, Ronnie Farmer being one and loved chatting football with him.

Dad also managed in the Minor League for years (Crown Spartak and Coundon Cockerels) and his reading of a game was second to none.

Dad was also a very proud Grandad whose grandson plays for Coventry City Academy U18s and watched him develop through the years, so he’ll be looking down and keeping a watchful eye on him. Dad also wanted the best for the first team, which has been a difficult watch during the SISU days, but his wish was always to live long enough to see Coventry City Football Club become a good team/club again, which I believe has been achieved.

RIP Dad, PUSB xxx
Very sorry to read this and May your dad rest in peace

MTK

What a lovely tribute. Your dad must have been so proud of you and of his grandson. It’s beautiful you all share such a love for the Sky Blues down so many years.

usskyblue

Slowpoke was ingenious on here in a way. You could never tell if he was being serious or not.. and his short, candid retorts were often hilarious. I’ll certainly miss that.

Forum stuff aside; I lost my Dad when I was young and my Mum a couple of years ago, so I know how hard it is to lose a parent. Condolences to you, your family and everyone that truly knew him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Very sad news. RIP Slowpoke.

Condolences to Shankly and the rest of your family.

Should we have a 'memoriam' page on the site? We've lost a few posters in the last few years and although Fellatio has a tribute on the main header it feels like they should all be remembered in some way.

Cov kid 55

So sorry to hear this news, fitting that we’ve beaten a strong Leeds team today, I’m sure your dad would have enjoyed this one. RIP Slowpoke…. and hope you are able to pick up the forum baton, Frankly….

ovduk78

RIP Dad, PUSB xxx
Was he up on the scoreboard at half time with the Sky Blues fans memorial?

Did I notice Jan (can't even start to spell his surname) in the memorial? Wasn't he ashbyjan on here & was involved in the Sky Blues Trust?

fernandopartridge

Was he up on the scoreboard at half time with the Sky Blues fans memorial?

Did I notice Jan (can't even start to spell his surname) in the memorial? Wasn't he ashbyjan on here & was involved in the Sky Blues Trust?
He was ashbyjan on here, not sure whether he's passed. Was still tweeting as of 3 days ago so seems unlikely.

Jan Mokrzycki

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

ovduk78

He was ashbyjan on here, not sure whether he's passed. Was still tweeting as of 3 days ago so seems unlikely.

Jan Mokrzycki

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
That looks like the name that was in the memorial, not sure if it had a picture with it. If he was still tweeting probably not him then!?

Users who are viewing this thread