Slow starts (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

A good performance today. I think we controlled it well and on another day we score another and win it.

Something I noted though, and I’ve seen it time and time again this season. We are a bit slow and passive until we really NEED to score. We start games well, decent possession, nice pattern to our play, but feels like we’re playing with the hand brake on.

When the pressure’s on, we start moving it quicker, play the forward pass, make the run beyond the striker..etc.

I know part of it will be other team sitting off, etc. but would like to see us start with a bit more aggression and purpose.

stay_up_skyblues

Was thinking about this earlier and how we generally look so much better than the oppo at the end. Are our fitness levels superior to most teams in this league?

We absolutely need to start turning up in the first half.

shmmeee

I think it’s intentional to take it easier first half and save energy for the second. Just need to cut out those mistakes and lapses in concentration that give goals away first half.

chiefdave

Suspect its part of the plan but its a plan that relies on not making mistakes and continually going in at the break behind.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it’s intentional to take it easier first half and save energy for the second. Just need to cut out those mistakes and lapses in concentration that give goals away first half.

Seems like a high risk plan to me and most teams wise to it will just go for it from kick off.

Macca

I don’t think it’s intentional. We have had a dip like most teams do over the last 11 games. If that’s our dip and we are going to turn a corner then the damage has been limited as we are still in 7th. Stoke is a pivotal game for me

mds

I don’t think it’s intentional. We have had a dip like most teams do over the last 11 games. If that’s our dip and we are going to turn a corner then the damage has been limited as we are still in 7th. Stoke is a pivotal game for me
Its not really about them 11 games though, we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the first half over the season so far, something like 7 first half goals all season isnt good enough (just checked 1st f7 a18, 2nd f22 a8) 7 first half goals over 22 games is something that really needs addressing, the same with conceding first half, we are just too slow getting started.

Yorkshire SB

Yeah not sure it’s intentional. We just seem to switch off when it’s 0-0, whereas when we go behind everyone looks 100% on it.

Users who are viewing this thread