Sliding doors (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

In 2008 when Leicester were relegated to league one and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth we could say we were in a better situation than LCFC. How times change.........
Recently I saw a post on here stating that our turnover was 4 million plus per year. Yesterday I listened to a contributor on a radio program state that Leicester City will turnover 220 million this year with champions league(more if they progress far) and the the new TV deal as well as the premier league money. So our local rivals are turning over in a week roughly the same as our annual turnover!!!
I wonder if our owners ever cast an envious eye along the M69 and speculate of what could have been?
I often see Leicester shirts in Riyadh and I must admit to being envious but I live in hope that our day will come!

rupert_bear

Perhaps the best way of combating that is to put an ad in a local newsagents where you are for some football loving sheik to take pitty on us.

Terry Gibson's perm

The Leicester shirt thing will end as the recent followers will just move onto the next team, I can't see Leicester finishing much above tenth this year as they have been worked out.

They spent a lot of money to even get into the Prem and their owners must be far wealthier than ours.

Grendel

They had owners who pumped over£200 million into the club - that's it

no_loyalty

Perhaps the best way of combating that is to put an ad in a local newsagents where you are for some football loving sheik to take pitty on us.

What is Milan Mandarić upto these days? he hasn't purchased a club for sometime

NorthernWisdom

What is Milan Mandarić upto these days? he hasn't purchased a club for sometime

He's a dangerous character. Buys, well... distressed football clubs in order to sell on later. Only problem is, he doesn't really care who he sells them on to as long as he gets his cash. So it worked out alright for Leicester, was an utter disaster for Portsmouth.

He's the type of character that really needs stricter regulation in order to prevent.

no_loyalty

He's a dangerous character. Buys, well... distressed football clubs in order to sell on later. Only problem is, he doesn't really care who he sells them on to as long as he gets his cash. So it worked out alright for Leicester, was an utter disaster for Portsmouth.

He's the type of character that really needs stricter regulation in order to prevent.

I disagree, I don't believe he contributed to the demise of Portsmouth, he left in 2006 and they were not relegated until 2010.

All 3 of the clubs he has purchased in England have gained promotion while he has been the owner, albeit there was a relegation with Leicester

bawtryneal

Did fairly well at Sheffield Wednesday as well.

no_loyalty

Irrelevant. It's the chancer he sold to that was the problem.

I stand corrected, I thought it was the owner after the one Mandaric sold to, that was responsible for Portsmouth's demise.

I suppose it is a gamble who you sell too, Leicester and Sheff Weds seem to have done ok or got lucky

Users who are viewing this thread