Slade last night. (1 Viewer)

Bumberclart

I got a free ticket for the game last night through a mate at work. The only downside was having to sit with the Bury fans.
I was sat within 20 yards of Slade, and his lack of passion and leadership was depressing to see.
When Jones came on late in the game, there was barely a word said to him by Slade. It looked like a case of 'I'll put him on because I have no other ideas'.

Anyone else get the feeling Slade only want to stay until Wembley?

BTW, fair play to those that travelled and paid for that shit.

steve82

I got a free ticket for the game last night through a mate at work. The only downside was having to sit with the Bury fans.
I was sat within 20 yards of Slade, and his lack of passion and leadership was depressing to see.
When Jones came on late in the game, there was barely a word said to him by Slade. It looked like a case of 'I'll put him on because I have no other ideas'.

I think the size of the task and lack of "players" has beaten him to the point of last night where it's a case of nothing left to try.
Like the players he's lost the fight too, just like we have also.
We lack good or experienced players that want to put the shift in for 96 minutes, weak inexperienced keepers, a defensive unit that make silly mistakes, lack dominance and leadership in the midfield and in general while we have zero pace available in the attacking areas till Kwame Thomas popped up. Zero mental strength throughout the side and a core that's rotten.
So many errors, wrong choices on and off the pitch have all pointed us to where we are.
Little wonder he offered nothing to the one trick pony JJ when he's your very last roll.

better days

Jones has done well in all the games he's come on in recently
Seemed strange to bring him on with only 8 minutes left when by the sound of the radio commentary we were on top at the start of the second half and Bury were on the back foot
Surely that's when we should have gone for it and used his pace to get in behind
The forwards who started all have similar styles. Hard working but not the type to go past defenders to have a shot, draw fouls or get to the byline to cut back for others running in
That's why we are creating so few chances and the ball often goes straight back to put pressure on the back four all the time

stevefloyd

He only got limited time because the initial line up was flawed and he changed it at half time useing the 2 players he had dropped from the starting line up

steve82

Jones has done well in all the games he's come on in recently
Seemed strange to bring him on with only 8 minutes left when by the sound of the radio commentary we were on top at the start of the second half and Bury were on the back foot
Surely that's when we should have gone for it and used his pace to get in behind
The forwards who started all have similar styles. Hard working but not the type to go past defenders to have a shot, draw fouls or get to the byline to cut back for others running in
That's why we are creating so few chances and the ball often goes straight back to put pressure on the back four all the time

Really? JJ offers not a great deal to me only pace. He don't even win the fouls from the officials. He got very lucky with that tame shot at Wimbledon and offers little end product

better days

Really? JJ offers not a great deal to me only pace. He don't even win the fouls from the officials. He got very lucky with that tame shot at Wimbledon and offers little end product
Ricketts been working with him to improve his game.
Only saw the Checkatrade semi final on TV but the commentators kept saying how Jones was taking pressure off our defence in the second half as Wycombe pressed for an equalizer by holding the ball up, going on runs upfield and drawing free kicks.
He came on against Gillingham and did the same and drew a good save from their keeper
He's still the youngest player in the squad. A lot to learn obviously but even harder for young players as part of what's generally been a losing team this season
Been using his right foot much more lately - have a look at the run and cross for our goal at Southend for example where he got totally clattered after putting it over

Otis

Makes you wonder who is coming up with the (lack of) tactics, if our Russ is allergic to tactics and systems...

...Oggy and his clipboard, oh Lord no...
I reckon if you look at Oggy's clipboard all that will be written on there will be 'Job for life!'

I reckon he shows that to the rest of the bench every time a goal goes in against us.

fernandopartridge

He brought Jones on but instead of asking him to hug the touchline and spread the game out, Jones was in the congested midfield.
I don't think Slade is a bad bloke and bear no malice to him, I think the scale of this job is beyond him. I thought he'd be much better than this too.

ecky

I reckon if you look at Oggy's clipboard all that will be written on there will be 'Job for life!'

I reckon he shows that to the rest of the bench every time a goal goes in against us.
There's no room for sentiment and the old pals act
Burge and RCC have not improved so I would start with a clean sweep

D

Deleted member 4439

I do love a miss quote....
the modern world of social media!

Yes, but he has repeatedly fallen back on excusing his own performances by singling out lack of player effort - intensity, fight, commitment, call it what he will. He has become a laughing stock (but without the pity we possibly felt for Thorne).

steve82

Yes, but he has repeatedly fallen back on excusing his own performances by singling out lack of player effort - intensity, fight, commitment, call it what he will. He has become a laughing stock (but without the pity we possibly felt for Thorne).

Yeah last nights first half I find hard to justify. The rest I can. But the quote is wrong just like when he said "there's a championship or league one performance in all of them" just never all together as a team was his point.

Users who are viewing this thread