Sky (3 Viewers)

larry_david

Are the the biggest bunch of cowboys going or what.

Tried to cancel in early March, pre covid awareness. They of course upgraded and reduced bill, a new sky q box. Since then no engineer not their fault. I've had 2 round now, neither has managed to install sky q so I'm still without a sky box and have been since March.

You can't call them, can't email them them, can't text them, can't write to them. Just been on hold for 45 mins, nothing so hung up. Honestly they are a fucking horrible company. How do I proceed from here? I'm paying 59 a month for something I they can't physically install

tom88

Tried to cancel in early March, pre covid awareness. They of course upgraded and reduced bill, a new sky q box. Since then no engineer not their fault. I've had 2 round now, neither has managed to install sky q so I'm still without a sky box and have been since March.

You can't call them, can't email them them, can't text them, can't write to them. Just been on hold for 45 mins, nothing so hung up. Honestly they are a fucking horrible company. How do I proceed from here? I'm paying 59 a month for something I they can't physically install

It must be you mate. I moved into a new build on Friday 13th March. They paused Sky sports for me. Booked an engineer easy, 1st attempt April 4th can’t install due to CV19, gave me NowTV free of charge for 3 months.

Re booked for early May, still couldn’t access property, got re booked for last week. Came last week, installed it, free new box and they have credited my account for every month since March

fernandopartridge

It must be you mate. I moved into a new build on Friday 13th March. They paused Sky sports for me. Booked an engineer easy, 1st attempt April 4th can’t install due to CV19, gave me NowTV free of charge for 3 months.

Re booked for early May, still couldn’t access property, got re booked for last week. Came last week, installed it, free new box and they have credited my account for every month since March
Had the same issue with them, had got them booked in for mid march but move didn't take place until end of April. They didn't come out until last week. Appreciate covid etc but it really is piss poor.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

larry_david

You booked it or they did?

skyblueusername

Sack them off then, I did years ago, I still manage to watch just as much live football via now TV and bt for less than half that price.

Tommo1993

Moved into our current flat in March 2019. Arranged Sky to connect us before we even moved in. 4 months and 5 engineers later, we were set up.

larry_david

first time booked it before I moved. Then they just kept re booking it for me.
I've had 2 engineers come. Both unable to install, now sat waiting for a third but it's a joke. Paying for a service for 3 months they literally told me they can't install

chiefdave

I've had 2 engineers come. Both unable to install, now sat waiting for a third but it's a joke. Paying for a service for 3 months they literally told me they can't install
You should definitely get a credit from them if you haven't had the service. Just a matter of getting through to someone.

Do you live somewhere that would be classed as a non-standard install. I had the same problem when I had a flat. It was below the height limit for a standard install but the first two appointments nobody showed up, third time engineer came in the flat then said he was just popping to his van and disappeared! Fourth time round it was a Sky engineer rather than a contractor. He said that the contractors get paid a flat rate so anything thats more a quick job they aren't interested.

PVA

I had a pretty awful experience with them as well and was without Sky TV for months.

They arranged to send an engineer out to fix it and he didn't show up.

Sent another one a few weeks later (next available slot apparently). Didn't show up.

Sent another one weeks later. Finally showed up... but had the wrong type of ladders for my type of property and couldn't do anything.

Eventually got it sorted but it was months without Sky TV. I kicked off and to be fair got a lot of money off my bill and about £150 credit. But it was a bloody shambles.

larry_david

Gives me hope for some money back then. I'm gonna try ring again this morning and I'm gonna request they just cancel sky TV. I'll go another route. I'll also request a refund. They can see on my account I haven't viewed skygo for 3 months so they know I don't use it

Mr Panda

I cancelled movies and sports at the beginning of lockdown. They continued to take money from me for movies even though I couldn't watch them.

I got annoyed and just said yes to their question about being a key worker. Felt a little guilty but its infuriating to be shafted for something not your fault.

I don't understand the decision around prioritising key workers for things such as package changes and upgrades. Give them priority where it's an absolute necessity e.g. ensuring they have a working mobile/Internet service, I don't think TV upgrades fall into that.

Otis

I had big problems with Sky too.

I was end of terrace and some truck wiped out my dish on the side of the house. Contacted Sky to pause my subscription and they said no, I would still have to pay, even though I couldn't watch anything.

larry_david

Yeah I'm on hold again now. Same 3 songs driving me mad. Makes me laugh they say they prioritise key workers, like NHS staff have time to download full boxset of Dexter right now.

See how long this takes

hill83

Had the same issue with them, had got them booked in for mid march but move didn't take place until end of April. They didn't come out until last week. Appreciate covid etc but it really is piss poor.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Surprised you've got sky as you are so vocal about a dislike of the premier league and they money involved. Yet here you are contributing to the downfall of football. Tut tut.

I had sky when I lived with my mates about 9 years ago. When we moved we cancelled it but it turned out we were still paying for a phone line for the next 4 years. Never bothered to check so our fault really. But I'll never go with them again. Set up a new account with them in the same name, same account number, in the new house and the house after that but they kept the old charge quiet.

As for their internet. SHITE.
BT all the way for me never had a problem and recently got Full FTTP (Fibre to the premises) 300mb for now but will go up for £40 a month no phone line.

larry_david

Phone call lasted 1 hour 15. They blamed me for not ringing the management company who own the building and getting a change made to the dish. This of course angered me so he said they'd cancel but first I need to get written proof that the builddinng management won't make this change for sky q. They really are a nasty piece of work.

I'll ring back tomorrow, say the company won't do it and I'm going to cancel please and if they still kick up a fuss I'll just insist there and then. I wouldn't recommend sky to anyone

fernandopartridge

Surprised you've got sky as you are so vocal about a dislike of the premier league and they money involved. Yet here you are contributing to the downfall of football. Tut tut.

I had sky when I lived with my mates about 9 years ago. When we moved we cancelled it but it turned out we were still paying for a phone line for the next 4 years. Never bothered to check so our fault really. But I'll never go with them again. Set up a new account with them in the same name, same account number, in the new house and the house after that but they kept the old charge quiet.

As for their internet. SHITE.
BT all the way for me never had a problem and recently got Full FTTP (Fibre to the premises) 300mb for now but will go up for £40 a month no phone line.

I know, my missus booked it in. I gave her a couple of right handers.

chiefdave

The building now can't have sky q for whatever reason so I'm just wanting out
Sounds like BS to me. If the building can get Sky it can get Sky Q, just need to upgrade the dscr (the box that allows you to run multiple flats off one dish). A Sky Q dscr will work with Sky Q boxes and older Sky boxes so no issue there.

Have you got an old Sky box? They should be able to pair your Sky Q viewing card with an old box even if its not a Sky Q box so at least you can get the channels you're paying for.

Adge

I turfed them off a while ago too-was with them for years but came to the end of my contract and they gave me no incentive/discount to stay, had TV and Broadband with them.
Now gone to BT, awful speed 2mb max (because I live in a rural place) which is what it has always been previously, but had a right bonus that fibre is now being rolled out and it’s available in July. Happy days.
There is no doubt that Sky is still miles ahead regarding Sky Q etc but costs/customer service and trying to cancel or get through to them is impossible.
Now it’s gone I don’t miss it-there are always other ways to watch. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

larry_david

Yeah I managed to cancel it on Friday. The guy on Thurs was deffo bad cop, Friday girl was good cop. She even got me 63 quid refund as well for the 3 months I was paying for TV with no box. She was far too nice to work for that shark company.

I still have sky Internet so I'm not completely out but I have no issues with my broadband

hill83

Virgin ‘fibre’ or 99% of ‘fibre’ connections aren’t actually full fibre. The main infrastructure from the exchange to the cabinet in your street is, but the last bit (to your house) is old copper or coaxial cabling. Virgin use their own infrastructure but again it’s not full fibre. Only a couple of areas in Coventry have full fibre available at the moment.

They are effectively lying as far as I’m concerned selling it as fibre broadband but it’s allowed so it is what it is.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had Sky around 1996 for about 2 years. Biggest rip-off I ever knew. Dumped them and have never paid them another penny since! All I have now is Freeview and Netflix. Absolutely plenty for me and the missus.

Users who are viewing this thread