Sky Sports value Fleck at £35 million! (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Just reading the Sky Sports scout thing they did on him 3 years ago, but basically they say he is quite possibly one of the best young players in Europe. They also said at the time he was worth £5million with a potential value of £35million, and they compared him to that of a certain Wayne Rooney. They identified shooting, passing, pace and vision as his strong points.

I am trying to not get ahead of myself here, but am I the only one thinking how on earth we managed to get him and that we might actually have a very good player.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/scout/15198/4896466/Sky-Sports-Scout-John-Fleck

Greggs

without the right mentality, natural talent is nothing

Gray

i think we have a good player, but this report was from 3 years ago and he obviously has not fulfilled his full potential. Although hopefully he will take league one by storm next year, and then hopefully not be sold

ccfctommy

When he first started at Rangers he was dubbed the 'Scottish Rooney'. He has never really reached his potential or even properly broken into the Rangers first team. He has since fell out with McCoist and loaned out to Blackpool. So really he has got a fresh start here and also maybe a point to prove.

lordsummerisle

That Sky Sports scouting thing valued Gunnarsson at £18million a couple of years back.

Wouldn't get too excited by it, think it had Gunna as 18/20 for shooting!

ccfcway

I remember having a £1 bet with a mate of mine at school that "Tony Sheridan" would go on to get 100 caps for Ireland

:wave:

Johnrambo

We will sell him next summer, if we dont get up in championship right away.

My guess will be £1 million to Bristol City.

Yorkshire SB

yeah I saw the gunnarsson one, which has been proved incorrect three years down the line. I will give the guy a chance and think he'll do well next season, but there's a reason he's joined us and not a championship/PL club

D

Deleted member 4232

Holding out some hope. Might have a name for the back of my shirt...

cheever

When he first started at Rangers he was dubbed the 'Scottish Rooney'. He has never really reached his potential or even properly broken into the Rangers first team. He has since fell out with McCoist and loaned out to Blackpool. So really he has got a fresh start here and also maybe a point to prove.

How did he fare at Blackpool, as a matter of interest?

maybe that is a more accurate reflection of how he is currently rated?

Tad

35? Whaaahaaa! Classic !
Just remembered why I don't watch/follow or care about sky.

Glen

Won't be sold next year be off by xmas if he is any good pron for about 700,000 know wankers sisu

SkyBlueMania

You have to remember that football journalists generally aren't that bright and have a tendency to exaggerate their stories, they are writing about a bloke who can kick a ball accurately after all, there really isn't much to say that would draw you back to read it every single day, so they make ridiculous headlines like these to get you talking.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember all the hype with Gunnarsson as well as a lot of others - Mifsud in particular. Where is he now? Ha! And what happened to Westwood? So do I really give a Fleck what Sky say? Nah!

kg82

Well, gunnar got in the play offs last year and Westwood plays for a prem team. They'd rather be where they are now than where we are, that's for sure.

Covstu

Hopefully it will be a great signing and he can get us some needed points this year!

Users who are viewing this thread