Sky Blues Talk Traders (1 Viewer)

Rich

With Nick pushing his dirty wares and Faz Sharejacking his thread, I've created this thread for any SBT'ers to push their business during this shit time.

I'll go first, CRJS Design. I'm currently getting into doing planning drawings, but I can model anything and produce production drawings if required.

If anyone is thinking of an extension or loft conversion then please give me a shout and I'll be happy to create drawings. Price around £100-300 depending on complexity.

Logo1.JPG

Skybluefaz

1_20201105_232935_0000.png

Vintage Clothes Store - Twenty:20 Vintage - Sustainable, Vintage Fashion is my side project, Sustainable fashion, eco friendly packaging and some cool clothes.

Thanks for taking a look.

We are also on facebook and Instagram.

Oh and use the code skybluestalk to save an extra 15% off your first order

Adge

With Nick pushing his dirty wares and Faz Sharejacking his thread, I've created this thread for any SBT'ers to push their business during this shit time.

I'll go first, CRJS Design. I'm currently getting into doing planning drawings, but I can model anything and produce production drawings if required.

If anyone is thinking of an extension or loft conversion then please give me a shout and I'll be happy to create drawings. Price around £100-300 depending on complexity.

View attachment 17400
Can you do the stress calculations required on the steels, ie for a loft conversion etc?

Rich

Can you do the stress calculations required on the steels, ie for a loft conversion etc?
No you need an Engineer for that. Although I could design you some timbers instead of Steels.

Adge

No you need an Engineer for that. Although I could design you some timbers instead of Steels.

Has to be steels encased in plasterboard to comply with building regs.
Timber doesn’t comply-thanks anyway. 👍

Rich

Has to be steels encased in plasterboard to comply with building regs.
Timber doesn’t comply-thanks anyway. 👍
Obviously I haven’t seen your project, but as someone who makes a living designing timbers to support roofs I struggle to see why they wouldn’t comply?

Adge

Obviously I haven’t seen your project, but as someone who makes a living designing timbers to support roofs I struggle to see why they wouldn’t comply?
The whole structure has to be 30 minutes fire resistant. The reason being that if there is a fire downstairs/on another floor, the occupants have got a window of 30 minutes to escape.
Timber would obviously not meet this.
For the general DIYer who wants a bit of storage space in the loft-or to put his train set up there and has no intention of selling his house then that would be ok.

Rich

The whole structure has to be 30 minutes fire resistant. The reason being that if there is a fire downstairs/on another floor, the occupants have got a window of 30 minutes to escape.
Timber would obviously not meet this.
For the general DIYer who wants a bit of storage space in the loft-or to put his train set up there and has no intention of selling his house then that would be ok.

You’re correct on everything apart from Timber would not meet this.
If it’s an exposed beam it can be covered with 1 layer of plasterboard giving 30minutes.
If it were blocking in a wall or floor zone 90mm of solid timber gives 60minutes fire resistance.

Imagine chucking a big log on a bonfire. How long does it take for that to actually burn away. It’s a very long time.

Having been to the other side of the Netherlands doing fire tests on Timber systems I’m a little bit of a geek on this topic 😂.

051CE7A3-C5FA-40A9-A0F9-71DF8B4AEA8E.jpeg

CJ_covblaze

KA Kits Academy CIC Ltd - www.kitsacademy.com
Community interest company offering services to schools/nurseries/community groups/care homes across the country and holiday clubs to parents/children across the Midlands.

We are very competitively priced compared to the other good companies in our field. If you work in a school PM me for our brochure. More than happy to come in for a free afternoon of PE to show what we can do.

Also involved with an events company offering photo booths, dance floors and giant letters for parties, weddings and corporate events.

Last edited:

Rich

Here’s the latest job I’ve been working on. If required I could give a full cutting list and component drawing for every item used in the construction.

CJ_covblaze

Evening all. If you’ve got kids and are stuck for PE ideas we do live lessons every weekday morning on YouTube and they can be watched on catch up. Also got daily challenges on our Twitter and Facebook. Alot of parents are struggling atm with the home learning stuff so if you can share it with people in your area it’d be appreciated https://twitter.com/kits_academy?s=21

Users who are viewing this thread