Sky Blues set to play home games at St. Andrews (1 Viewer)

LoyalSupporters

First Walsall, now St. Andrew's? :facepalm:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/sky-blues-set-play-home-1944700

Otis

Still would have a clash on 6th April with both sides due to be at home. :facepalm:

Ashdown1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I won't watch Cov City home games outside of Coventry, so I'll be needing a refund for the last 3 matches. I've spoken to a few others over our way and none will support that bullshit either.

mattylad

Footall League chairman has advised that he thinks games could still be played at the Ricoh but it takes both sides to make it happen..."say its not beyond the wit of man to make these things happen but needs a lot of work to be done" They have also still made no decision on whether points will be docked or not.

Mucca Mad Boys

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I won't watch Cov City home games outside of Coventry, so I'll be needing a refund for the last 3 matches. I've spoken to a few others over our way and none will support that bullshit either.

How shallow.

I don't stand for allowing the club to get ripped off with a immoral rent, whoever owns us, neither do I support SISU's immoral ways of handling this saga (if it works, I won't complain though), so I'm happy to support this move somewhat, if it's a temporary solution. This may turn out to be a shrewd move, equally it could turn out to be catastrophic, we'll have to wait and see! I think it'll lead to short-term losses less people coming, which may, however, be neutralized IF we get revenues, but long-term could be better, in the form of a rent agreement. I don't know what will happen.

It'll be interesting to see if SISU have called ACL's bluff that they don't need CCFC, if so, it'll be used as a lever to return to the negotiation table, and get an even further favourable rent agreement, if ACL really don't need CCFC, well, the move shoots the club in the foot... With a shotgun.

Anxious times ahead people, brace yourselves.

dongonzalos

If SISU were given the option of the Ricoh for free which it seems they are.

Then that is the line drawn for me as well.

I would be asking for a refund if I had pre booked my tickets

hill83

Main problem with this will be trouble outside the ground. It's almost a guarantee, I would not be bringing any children.

fernandopartridge

How shallow.

I don't stand for allowing the club to get ripped off with a immoral rent, whoever owns us, neither do I support SISU's immoral ways of handling this saga (if it works, I won't complain though), so I'm happy to support this move somewhat, if it's a temporary solution. This may turn out to be a shrewd move, equally it could turn out to be catastrophic, we'll have to wait and see! I think it'll lead to short-term losses less people coming, which may, however, be neutralized IF we get revenues, but long-term could be better, in the form of a rent agreement. I don't know what will happen.

It'll be interesting to see if SISU have called ACL's bluff that they don't need CCFC, if so, it'll be used as a lever to return to the negotiation table, and get an even further favourable rent agreement, if ACL really don't need CCFC, well, the move shoots the club in the foot... With a shotgun.

What's shallow about it? It's bad enough playing home games on the border of Nuneaton and Beduff.

covkid69

if the games were to be played at brum or walsall would we get the food and bevarages and any parking i wonder

covan

You need to man up. Do you really think ANYONE cares about you trying your hardest to take the moral high ground it's a game of football. You either support the team & want to watch them or you don't. By the sounds of it. YOU DONT your desperate to nit pick and moan.

You should go. You could re kindle done of the fun you had at The Emirates/White Heart Lane. You know. The only other times you've watched city away from the Ricoh this year.

RoboCCFC90

I for one would go anywhere to see the City play!!!

Otis

Main problem with this will be trouble outside the ground. It's almost a guarantee, I would not be bringing any children.

Too true.

You can guarantee there will be some locals trying to stir up a bit of trouble.

Wherever we play, it ain't going to be home for sure.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I think post #15 is indicative of the effect that this whole nonsense is having on us the loyal fan base.
In many ways I empathise with Ashdown's position- there is something abhorrent about playing CCFC games outside of Coventry- based merely on a position taken by one of the offending parties in this debacle.
That said we will be there- wherever that may be like we always are. But its wrong and so so unnecessary.

Black6Osprey

Not bothered about refund but I'm with you on the rest. I won't go to any home game outside Coventry.

Ashdown1

You need to man up. Do you really think ANYONE cares about you trying your hardest to take the moral high ground it's a game of football. You either support the team & want to watch them or you don't. By the sounds of it. YOU DONT your desperate to nit pick and moan.

You should go. You could re kindle done of the fun you had at The Emirates/White Heart Lane. You know. The only other times you've watched city away from the Ricoh this year.

Its half term isn't it !?

Black6Osprey

I think post #15 is indicative of the effect that this whole nonsense is having on us the loyal fan base.
In many ways I empathise with Ashdown's position- there is something abhorrent about playing CCFC games outside of Coventry- based merely on a position taken by one of the offending parties in this debacle.
That said we will be there- wherever that may be like we always are. But its wrong and so so unnecessary.

If ever supporters had a chance to put across their feelings on the idea of moving outside the City then this is it. We aren't getting promoted so who gives a shit if we lose. By going to the game you are saying its okay. Its not.

RoboCCFC90

Ash, I assume you live in the City itself? If that were the case I would be making the most of my oppertunity to go anywhere to watch the City..

Ashdown1

If people go with this scenario for even 3 matches then it opens the door for an expansion of this next year. I'm a Cov lad who doesn't live in Cov anymore like many others. Part of the enjoyment in following City at home is going back to my home City and spending my money there, contributing to the local economy and trawling round familiar places for a drink and bumping into faces I've known for years. If I want a bit of a change I go to the away games but I'm not spending my hard earned in Birmingham week in week out !

Grendel

Yesterday priority tickets went on sale for the Orient game at the Ricoh.

Otis

If only 3 or 4 thousand turned up it would indeed be sending out a message.

At the end of the day the supporters are the club.

spwaverley4916

Too true.

You can guarantee there will be some locals trying to stir up a bit of trouble.

Wherever we play, it ain't going to be home for sure.

have to agree - would not want to catch train then bus/walk to St Andrews through fear of who or what was waiting for me around the corner
I do not think there is a lot of 'rivalry' between the two clubs, ( as we both hate the Vile), but there will be some that see this as invading their turf (no pun intended) and there would be ample opportunity for it to kick off both outside and inside the ground.

Mucca Mad Boys

What's shallow about it? It's bad enough playing home games on the border of Nuneaton and Beduff.

Birmingham is a £1.80 (de courcey price, don't know the adult Midlands fare) bus away, or £5 train away, it's not ideal, and if people can't go, fair enough, choosing not to go, in my view is shallow, especially if people are willing to go away games and not to Brum to watch CCFC play.

I'm looking forward to it tbh, might experience the nightlife, town before etc. it'll be like an away game, and I prefer away days anyway!

Sky Blue Pete

How shallow.

Sky blue Taylor please go onto the pwkh thread and comment.

LarryGrayson

Ashdown1

Birmingham is a £1.80 (de courcey price, don't know the adult Midlands fare) bus away, or £5 train away, it's not ideal, and if people can't go, fair enough, choosing not to go, in my view is shallow, especially if people are willing to go away games and not to Brum to watch CCFC play.

I'm looking forward to it tbh, might experience the nightlife, town before etc. it'll be like an away game, and I prefer away days anyway!

I thought you were 16, what nightlife are you hoping for...............Pizzahut and a bag of Skittles from the Newsagent?!

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought you were 16, what nightlife are you hoping for...............Pizzahut and a bag of Skittles from the Newsagent?!

Yeah totally, I might finally use my 25% discount for Pizza Hut! Or should I go with 50% takeaway discount? :thinking about: :facepalm:

Refer to profile for age. What made you think I'm 16?

chiefdave

Have to say I've been pretty shocked at how many people appear to be more concerned about season ticket refunds for 3 games, status of car pack passes, free travel, kids for a quid etc than if the football club will actually survive or have anywhere to play home matches. Would people really rather the club ceased to exist instead of paying couple of quid for the train to Brum?

Users who are viewing this thread