Sky Blues release 4 players (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Coventry City have released four players who featured for the Under-21's last season...

Coventry City have released four players who featured in the club’s development squad last season.

City manager Steven Pressley has allowed Shaun Jeffers, Will Roberts, Joshua Ruffels and Joe Henderson to leave the club but said the Sky Blues would help them pursue careers elsewhere.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/sky-blues-release-four-players-823822.aspx#g3Dfa7gBUhe5jAKr.99

Lambo58

My only surprise there is Josh Ruffles as I thought he was meant to be pretty good and one for the future

psgm1

Banned
Considering SP says the youth development is key, this is a startling development. Were these chosen by SP, or thrust upon him by Joy?

Sub

just shows cut cost no matter what!! this is what is happening at the club :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Nonleagueherewecome

There was a press release around 3 or 4 months ago saying that Roberts and Henderson were going to be released along with a few other guys I've never heard of. This isn't news! Well, the Jeffers/Ruffles bit is.

NorthernWisdom

There was a press release around 3 or 4 months ago saying that Roberts and Henderson were going to be released along with a few other guys I've never heard of. This isn't news! Well, the Jeffers/Ruffles bit is.

Even if it wasn't, youth player doesn't make the grade is more norm than them being handed a contract!

Hope they go on and prove the club wrong, for their sakes, but proper news would be we'd released Murphy and Clarke. Jeffers is absolute dog poo anyway!

ajsccfc

Ruffels is really the only one close to being a surprise, followed closely by the shock that Shaun Jeffers was still here.

stupot07

Does there have to be a conspiracy? Maybe they just aren't good enough?

Of course there's a conspiracy, joy would have hand picked them for disposal - they were probably caught slagging in her off at the end of season awards. Absolutely nothing to do with them being 19-20 years old and nowhere near our getting in our first team match day squad....how dare you suggest such a thing. ;)

hamil99

Facebook User
How manys that released including the Wood etc? I think its about 8, how many more will be cut I wonder, and how many will be bought in?

stupot07

How manys that released including the Wood etc? I think its about 8, how many more will be cut I wonder, and how many will be bought in?

Well SP said he wants to cut his squad from 34 to 24 and that included young fringe players like ruffels, Jeffers etc. he also wants to shake the squad up so I think another 8-12 will go with 7/8 coming in.

hamil99

Facebook User
Well SP said he wants to cut his squad from 34 to 24 and that included young fringe players like ruffels, Jeffers etc. he also wants to shake the squad up so I think another 8-12 will go with 7/8 coming in.

You think another 8-12 cut, hhhmm, I could see it happening. the only thing that puts dought in my mind is the transfer embargo, and SP worrying that the players left over he could sign, once the embargo is lifted, are not the the needed calibre. I think another 5 may go with 3-4 coming in.

cloughie

Sorry but can't see any players of any talent coming in with sisu still in control with or without an embargo

dongonzalos

No doubt they will play a key role in beating us next season playing for the real Northampton Town against us the impostors.

Grendel

DaleM

Of course there's a conspiracy, joy would have hand picked them for disposal - they were probably caught slagging in her off at the end of season awards. Absolutely nothing to do with them being 19-20 years old and nowhere near our getting in our first team match day squad....how dare you suggest such a thing. ;)

Hmmmm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of season party , Royal Court. Joy in her thigh highs with whip , Timmy in his gimp mask .

Joy :- "TIMMY go get me some fresh meat ."

Fisher:-" Yes mistress"

Fisher on phone to Waggot :- "Bring mistress Joy some fresh meat , Jeffers ,Roberts,Ruffels and Henderson will do , 4 of em should be enough."

Jeffers :-Fuck off
Roberts:-Fuck off
Ruffels:-Fuck off
Henderson:-Fuck off

Waggot " If you don't go to mistress Joy you will be sorry"

All "FUCK OF WAGGOT"

And that's how to start a conspiracy ;)

Moff

Quite relevant to this thread thanks.

You thought SISU were right not to agree the deal on the table with ACL. Whilst we are throwing random stuff out there.

Big difference in the point made, one about a very emotive issue, the other about a crap footballer

dongonzalos

Big difference in the point made, one about a very emotive issue, the other about a crap footballer

I know quite random really.

Another point Grendel, whilst we are throwing random stuff out there.

You also repeatedly told us no one else would ever be interested in CCFC.

SISU are the only people in town.

Yet Haskell is interested.

It has now been confirmed someone else bid and orange ken screwed that up.

Waterman and some others bid for the club.

Strange when SISU are the only people ever interested in CCFC.

stupot07

I know quite random really.

Another point Grendel, whilst we are throwing random stuff out there.

You also repeatedly told us no one else would ever be interested in CCFC.

SISU are the only people in town.

Yet Haskell is interested.

It has now been confirmed someone else bid and orange ken screwed that up.

Waterman and some others bid for the club.

Strange when SISU are the only people ever interested in CCFC.

Judging by the article in the CET, watermans consortium didn't have enough money - we'd have probably hit this low 2-3 seasons ago.

ccfc92

Yep, wood, Cameron, Elliott, philliskirk...and Jordan Stewart.

good about stewart. he's the LB who played against Pompey away yeahh?

but pressley better have players lined up as soon as the embargo is lifted (hopefully)

maybe he will go bang, bang, bang :facepalm: :whistle:

hamil99

Facebook User
Do you really think SISU will buy any players?

No, if Sisu are still in charge they will be free transfers. If we are owned by some one else, money might be available, who knows!

* Do u honestly think we will sign no-one? (Serious question not havin a pop)

Last edited:

chiefdave

Ruffels is having a blinding season in the Prem for me on FIFA, what are they doing get of rid of him :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Have we had any official statement on Lobjoit as people were saying he had left a few weeks ago, also not that surprising as some are making out. Any young players who are left I imagine will be expected to play a role in the first team and these players obviously weren't up to that in Pressleys opinion

wingy

Have we had any official statement on Lobjoit as people were saying he had left a few weeks ago, also not that surprising as some are making out. Any young players who are left I imagine will be expected to play a role in the first team and these players obviously weren't up to that in Pressleys opinion

I did hear and post on here some weeks back that i had heard that the PFA were involved as some of the kids contracts were in question over the divided nature of the clubs structure ,whether there was or is anything in it ,who knows .

georgehudson

it's back to the question, 'ask JS' ?
after all TF said she was hands on on a day to day basis,
we have such wonderful football brains running OUR CLUB,
get f****ng real you bunch of charlatons

Users who are viewing this thread