Sky Blues owners to bid for Higgs' shares in ACL (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

What facts do you really need to know about the Wasps move? Their owners have moved them 3 times further than we were moved! And permanently! Sorry Noggin but it smacks of picking and choosing what to be outraged about. And selfishness to be honest.

Genuine question Samo, were you this outraged and showed it through this forum when we were moved to Sixfields? Also, can you enjoy a hobby like CCFC and care about what happens to them but not give a shit about whether Wasps play at the Ricoh or any where else in the world?

martcov

I am selfish. I want CCFC to come out of this hole. Let the Wasps fans decide if the move is a good one. It is rely ( really ) their problem and we have more to worry about than their future. City fans decided that messing around in Northampton was a bad one and showed it. Let's see what the Wasps fans do.

italiahorse

I highly doubt it, Wasps have reportedly paid a £1m to extend it, rent isn't usually payable if you pay up front, except a possible small (peppercorn) amount. That's what ACL did, they paid up front to avoid a rent.

I thought if you have a lease you pay rent on it.

letsallsingtogether

Not if you own the flat..
You may pay management fees for upkeep, and you may pay for a longer lease but you don't actually own the lease only the flat
Do you pay rent on a flat you've bought the leasehold on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Samo

Genuine question Samo, were you this outraged and showed it through this forum when we were moved to Sixfields? Also, can you enjoy a hobby like CCFC and care about what happens to them but not give a shit about whether Wasps play at the Ricoh or any where else in the world?

1. I'm not outraged at all, certainly not 'morally' by either occurrence. I am merely pointing out the inconsistency in reaction by some to each event. I don't think it can be called a moral stance if people are going to pick and choose.
2. Yes certainly it is possible to enjoy a 'hobby' (strange word for it) and to care about CCFC and not about Wasps and I've never disputed it. But again, hardly anything to do with morals is it? You might be annoyed, even bloody furious, but to describe it as a moral stance when you don't give a shit about similar or worse situations is ridiculous.

jmorr

This whole thread has degenerated into ridiculius nitpicking as per usual. People trying to score petty points.

oldfiver

You have not bought the leasehold - because then it would be freehold

When you "buy a flat" you are actually paying partly a premium for the leasehold interest and possible buying the owners fittings etc

It is not uncommon for shops & offices to command a premium in addition to "rent"

Grendel

I thought if you have a lease you pay rent on it.

Nope. Ironically I part own a property that's got a lease from the council and we don't pay a penny in rent. Why would you? They just own the land and we pay normal rates etc.

oldfiver

Nope. Ironically I part own a property that's got a lease from the council and we don't pay a penny in rent. Why would you? They just own the land and we pay normal rates etc.

Do you mean you occupy a building that sits on council land by way of a lease? If so I expect your lease refers to a notional rent or peppercorn - which no one collects

Tonylinc

Do you mean you occupy a building that sits on council land by way of a lease? If so I expect your lease refers to a notional rent or peppercorn - which no one collects
I expect that Grendel is confused as usual. A leasehold interest involves rent. It may well be that that is only a peppercorn but it is rent nevertheless.

Grendel

I expect that Grendel is confused as usual. A leasehold interest involves rent. It may well be that that is only a peppercorn but it is rent nevertheless.

Not confused at all. The leasehold has a £1 a year "rent" payable on demand - which has never been demanded.

Its Italia who is confused he seems to think you pay a commercial lease which you do not.

The only disadvantage we have is that its resell value is less than if the land was privately owned.

letsallsingtogether

I rent out various properties around Coventry some of them are flats that have a lease on them.

I have paid to increase the lease but do not pay anymore payments to the lease holder. My Tenants pay me rent, but do not pay the lease holders.

Have also had the lease change hands on one property that also cost me nothing.

So Grendal I have to agree with you on this one:eek::)

Not confused at all. The leasehold has a £1 a year "rent" payable on demand - which has never been demanded.

Its Italia who is confused he seems to think you pay a commercial lease which you do not.

The only disadvantage we have is that its resell value is less than if the land was privately owned.

Astute

1. I'm not outraged at all, certainly not 'morally' by either occurrence. I am merely pointing out the inconsistency in reaction by some to each event. I don't think it can be called a moral stance if people are going to pick and choose.
2. Yes certainly it is possible to enjoy a 'hobby' (strange word for it) and to care about CCFC and not about Wasps and I've never disputed it. But again, hardly anything to do with morals is it? You might be annoyed, even bloody furious, but to describe it as a moral stance when you don't give a shit about similar or worse situations is ridiculous.

The inconsistencies are only as bad as you want them to look.

We were moved to Northampton. I was more pissed off that my football club had been moved away from Coventry by what was a faceless hedge fund more than the morals. Wasps have moved into the Ricoh. I am more pissed off that CCC have let them have the lease than the morals.

I never went to Northampton. I won't be watching Wasps in Coventry. So where is the inconsistency? And I would guess most are the same as me.

James Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I pay ground rent and a service charge on my flat. The service charge is made up of the building maintenance especially the roof, electric bill for the communal areas and a 10% management charge*.

*or money for doing pretty much nowt.

Nick

Administrator
I rent out various properties around Coventry some of them are flats that have a lease on them.

I have paid to increase the lease but do not pay anymore payments to the lease holder. My Tenants pay me rent, but do not pay the lease holders.

Have also had the lease change hands on one property that also cost me nothing.

So Grendal I have to agree with you on this one:eek::)
Have a lie down

Samo

The inconsistencies are only as bad as you want them to look.

We were moved to Northampton. I was more pissed off that my football club had been moved away from Coventry by what was a faceless hedge fund more than the morals. Wasps have moved into the Ricoh. I am more pissed off that CCC have let them have the lease than the morals.

I never went to Northampton. I won't be watching Wasps in Coventry. So where is the inconsistency? And I would guess most are the same as me.

I agree. I have no problem at all with people being pissed off, as I was! It's when talk of morals starts that I have a problem. Selective moral values are not moral values.

italiahorse

Still confused

Users who are viewing this thread