Podcast Sky Blues Fans TV interview with Grace McKenna from the Sky Blue Trust (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

I’m calling bullshit. For a start, unless you lived in or nr Coventry and were free on a Monday night, no one could do fuckall.

We have asked the Trust for years to create online inclusion to make involvement easier. Guess how that went?

And for those that can’t or don’t want to be involved, is it too much to expect some semblance of objectivity? Balance?

What your saying is; … it’s okay they’re arseholes but it’s everyone else’s fault because they don’t want to run it instead.
Really is that what I’m saying. Have a look through the thread!

The last agm was on line, communication is by email and they’ve updated the website to enable what you say to happen. Looks like they’ve done everything you wanted.

They are much more balanced in their outlook these last 18 months.

I’m really not saying what you’ve just said at all

And have you listened to the interview. Grace isn’t an arsehole

usskyblue

Really is that what I’m saying. Have a look through the thread!

The last agm was on line, communication is by email and they’ve updated the website to enable what you say to happen. Looks like they’ve done everything you wanted.

They are much more balanced in their outlook these last 18 months.

I’m really not saying what you’ve just said at all

So the core of the Trust has changed and members can vote online now ?

Sky Blue Pete

So the core of the Trust has changed and members can vote online now ?
If by core you mean dave Eyles the council guy and Bruce no they are involved. But all the other board members are new and there are no votes on line but there are meetings on line

usskyblue

I didn’t call her one, it was a scenario.

And yes, I did. She sounds ‘nice’. 15 minutes of ‘Who’s your favorite player/game/away game blah blah. We’ve got a new website (whoop)… away prices etc. No indication of any real change in approach.

If by core you mean day Eyles the council guy and Bruce no they are involved. But all the other board members are new and there are no votes on line but there are meetings on line

Call me when they actually want fan involvement

Sky Blue Pete

I didn’t call her one, my issue is with the core.
And yes, I did. She sounds ‘nice’. 15 minutes of ‘Who’s your favorite player/game/away game blah blah. We’ve got a new website (whoop)… away prices etc. No indication of any real change in approach.

Call me when they actually want fan involvement
Genuinely what makes you think they don’t? Is it just a power thing you think?

Frostie

You’re absolutely right frostie sorry

Lionel bird is still involved

giphy.gif

BUSA

To be fair if you listened to the pod grace said the Trust want more fans who go home and away on board alongside getting new members as well so they get more input on the problems cov fans are experiencing. They seem willing to take on board people’s comments & constructive feedback. Supporters trusts work well at other clubs so why can’t ours work for us fans ?

usskyblue

To be fair if you listened to the pod grace said the Trust want more fans who go home and away on board alongside getting new members as well so they get more input on the problems cov fans are experiencing. They seem willing to take on board people’s comments & constructive feedback. Supporters trusts work well at other clubs so why can’t ours work for us fans ?

I’ve just joined yesterday

SlowerThanPlatt

A start would be to stop entertaining Roger Ellis - he is seen as an unsavoury character and not someone I think is fit to speak on behalf of fans

RegTheDonk

Or how this board views the trust rather than the public. I think some posters would be surprised and I don’t think it would be me
Thing is Pete I wouldn't be surprised. Here, while we have some colourful debates to say the least, you have a reasonably intelligent group of people looking into the activities and interests of the Trust, its Board and it's connections. I speak to family and friends, who don't bother much with social media or the web in general, but still are City fans. Their knowledge of the Trust is down to reading the Telegraph or a sound bite on CWR or Central, who see the Trust as the go to guys with their fingers on the pulse of the fan base. I've yet to hear any of these media outlets question the Trusts motives or alliances. I'm really grateful you are in a position to give honest feedback to us when you go to the supporters clubs meetings but I'll bet secretly there are a few there who don't want people who represent any kind of fan base who have active discussions that might not follow the established direction.... and wish you would bugger off.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What annoys me is that they originally said they don’t want to represent the fans, they represent their members.

once there is an opportunity to have an online platform where we can vote a more accessible way than the squirrel on a Monday night - ill take them seriously

Frostie

Most of the same people that caused all the issues in the past are still pulling the strings now hence why nobody else wants to be involved with their little echo chamber.

Lionel Bird (and his right hand man David Johnson) is literally the guy having meetings with Mutton & the council about putting the club into administration, having a phoenix club etc. & here he is claiming to represent the best interests of the club. Couldn't make it up.

Until it's ALL new blood there will be no trust in the Trust from me.

Philosorapter

I'm amazed no one has asked how the Trust knows if you have opened one of their emails or not.

BUSA

In all seriousness we are looking to have other ppl from the Trust on a future podcast so if there are questions that ppl want to ask we can collate them and ask the Trust to answer them

ccfctommy

Most of the same people that caused all the issues in the past are still pulling the strings now hence why nobody else wants to be involved with their little echo chamber.

Lionel Bird (and his right hand man David Johnson) is literally the guy having meetings with Mutton & the council about putting the club into administration, having a phoenix club etc. & here he is claiming to represent the best interests of the club. Couldn't make it up.

Until it's ALL new blood there will be no trust in the Trust from me.

I have to agree. Change the membership prices to a yearly fee and start afresh with new faces. Lionel Bird hasn't been to a home game in years.

Frostie

In all seriousness we are looking to have other ppl from the Trust on a future podcast so if there are questions that ppl want to ask we can collate them and ask the Trust to answer them

They have had thousands of survey results telling them exactly what people think, what do you think changed?

Sick Boy

You mean spy trackers?

No it’s something completely different.
It’s a common feature in email marketing platforms. You can see the open and click rates, where users have clicked in the emails and even which email addresses have opened the emails with the date and time.

BUSA

Whoever the trust can provide for our pods - is there anyone in particular you’d like to hear from Nick ?

BUSA

I believe there is at least one other person who does the media for the trust who was mentioned when we were in discussions re getting someone on the pod. Like I said Nick or anyone who do you want on it ? I can ask the question and see if said person(s) are available to join a pod & field questions?

Users who are viewing this thread