Podcast Sky Blues Fans TV interview with Grace McKenna from the Sky Blue Trust (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You said they were now working closely with them. Come on Pete, surely you can see what people are saying?

To be fair, the website just looks like somebody selling advertising packages.

Is Roger still lurking?

shmmeee

That’s nonsense. He’s a disgraced councillor

Council worker, not a councillor technically.

Cant see details on the FSA of board member terms anywhere but assume he’d come up for re-nomination/reelection at some point? That would be a wise time to judge the SBT on their existing links with him.

Philosorapter

I still feel the only way forward for the sky blue trust and the board to regain any/some credibility is now that they have their website finally working with which they can speak to people is to call an emergency AGM and to have fresh elections.

How can elections/board members for this year have any credibility when the website was down for an awfully long period of time?

hill83

Not normally one to come into a thread I've got no interest to say that I've got no interest in it.

But I'll make an exception for this. Don't give a shit. Even if they disband and start again or whatever. Couldn't care any less.

Sky Blue Pete

I still feel the only way forward for the sky blue trust and the board to regain any/some credibility is now that they have their website finally working with which they can speak to people is to call an emergency AGM and to have fresh elections.

How can elections/board members for this year have any credibility when the website was down for an awfully long period of time?
Well I put deals of the agm and I was one of two on the call out of 2500 who weren’t board members

Sky Blue Pete

Out of the interest, who actually elected the current Trust board and on what mandate?
All elected unopposed and there are gaps on the board. Dave Eyles standing down at the end of this year but happy still to be involved as a board member

Evo1883

Almost 4 p a week that works out as
giphy.gif

jimmyhillsfanclub

What do you think they are failing to do?

For starters, if they're maintaining a membership database....then my names rumplestiltskin...

..and if you don't believe me, check the database.

.....pretty sure their agm/account timings etc have been iffy....

Don't really matter tbh.

Bottom line is they're toxic and beyond repair...

If they really loved the club, they'd dissolve and start again in an inclusive manner.....

Sky Blue Pete

For starters, if they're maintaining a membership database....then my names rumplestiltskin...

..and if you don't believe me, check the database.

.....pretty sure their agm/account timings etc have been iffy....

Don't really matter tbh.

Bottom line is they're toxic and beyond repair...

If they really loved the club, they'd dissolve and start again in an inclusive manner.....
As I say I am not defending them they can do that themselves.

They’ve done a lot of work on the membership list
If you want to use a fake name ok
Agm are yearly and email was sent to all members on their list and I posted it on here. Accounts are all up to date

I don’t buy the toxic shit

The trust can’t just dissolve the sky blues trust is the sky blues trust. Like I say if we want it to work we probably need to make it work

Philosorapter

Agm are yearly and email was sent to all members on their list and I posted it on here. Accounts are all up to date

The trust can’t just dissolve the sky blues trust is the sky blues trust. Like I say if we want it to work we probably need to make it work

Maybe a vote is needed on here about the toxicity of the trust.

With 0 as doing well, 5 as being as normal, and 10 as being as toxic.

This way you can guage the mood of this place in relation to how the public perceives the trust.

Sky Blue Pete

Maybe a vote is needed on here about the toxicity of the trust.

With 0 as doing well, 5 as being as normal, and 10 as being as toxic.

This way you can guage the mood of this place in relation to how the public perceives the trust.
Or how this board views the trust rather than the public. I think some posters would be surprised and I don’t think it would be me

shmmeee

I know how hard is this to understand???

I just join in these threads for the lols now mate. Trust bad. People angry. Virtue signalling everywhere. No one wants to actually do anything though. They’d like to just read one day the people doing things have decided to stop and do what the people on here want exactly, with no effort from the people on here.

This is literally all small time democracy: run by the people who turn up. And this is why people don’t get listened to because ultimately they don’t want to turn up, they just want it to work in their interests with no effort. Be it the trust, the PTA, the local council, whatever.

I’m no better by the way. But I’m not frothing about it. I’m very open that I can’t be arsed and as such forfeit my right to moan about those that can.

Sky Blue Pete

I just join in these threads for the lols now mate. Trust bad. People angry. Virtue signalling everywhere. No one wants to actually do anything though. They’d like to just read one day the people doing things have decided to stop and do what the people on here want exactly, with no effort from the people on here.

This is literally all small time democracy: run by the people who turn up. And this is why people don’t get listened to because ultimately they don’t want to turn up, they just want it to work in their interests with no effort. Be it the trust, the PTA, the local council, whatever.

I’m no better by the way. But I’m not frothing about it. I’m very open that I can’t be arsed and as such forfeit my right to moan about those that can.
Not all my friend

usskyblue

Not toxic ? They picked sides and worked to undermine the club. And no. ‘We’ don’t need to make it work. They need to show they’re fit to represent the fanbase… which has never appeared to be the intention, so why start now?

They’ve rendered themselves totally untrustworthy. It’s all on them to change not for us to ‘make it work’.

Sky Blue Pete

Not toxic ? They picked sides and worked to undermine the club. And no. ‘We’ don’t need to make it work. They need to show they’re fit to represent the fanbase… which has never appeared to be the intention, so why start now?

They’ve rendered themselves totally untrustworthy. It’s all on them to change not for us to ‘make it work’.
So are you saying that you can’t ever be ok with an organisation because of the activities of individuals and if so, is that forever?

I think the fan base needs a voice and the supporters forum does that ok but a performing representative trust would be excellent. Shmmee is correct most want others to do the work for them

usskyblue

You literally just typed a 2 paragraph moan about those that can…only to say in the 3rd, that you forfeit your right to moan about those that can.

pnzJTq3.gif

usskyblue

So are you saying that you can’t ever be ok with an organisation because of the activities of individuals and if so, is that forever?

I think the fan base needs a voice and the supporters forum does that ok but a performing representative trust would be excellent. Shmmee is correct most want others to do the work for them

I’m calling bullshit. For a start, unless you lived in or nr Coventry and were free on a Monday night, no one could do fuckall.

We have asked the Trust for years to create online inclusion to make involvement easier. Guess how that went?

And for those that can’t or don’t want to be involved, is it too much to expect some semblance of objectivity? Balance?

What your saying is; … it’s okay they’re arseholes but it’s everyone else’s fault because they don’t want to run it instead.

Users who are viewing this thread