Sky Blue Ultras (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueRyan

i wish we had a sky blue ultra, where fans would always bring scarfs, flags and banners and sing non stop with new and catchy songs.

majority of european clubs are like this, celtic have the best fans i think.

wish we were more lively instead of just singing one song over and over!

BurbageSkyBlues

We all do Ryan - it just needs a catalyst........maybe this is about to happen, Tuesday....scarves are planned, on another thread

Tonylinc

i wish we had a sky blue ultra, where fans would always bring scarfs, flags and banners and sing non stop with new and catchy songs.

wish we were more lively instead of just singing one song over and over!
One song over and over? Are you referring to the Sky Blue Song? It belongs to us and no one else....it defines us!

SkyBlueRyan

it would be brilliant if everyone continued to bring there bits and bobs, it just makes for a better atmosphere and would perhaps make the place more intimidating for visitors!

SkyBlueRyan

yeah i understand that its just we sing it too much. it would be more beneficial if sung when needed! start of the game, after a big goal...

SkyBlueRyan

i dont know why they got mocked, probably because everybody else is jealous and wishes there own club was more like it!

theferret

Im not holding up much hope in us singing in tune! Last night there was 1,300 (or so) of us. Even then we couldn't song the same song in tune and together!

It was 1477. I blame that extra 177, tone deaf the lot of them.

I was totally in tune. I sang "you fat bastard" in perfect pitch and on key.

BackRoomRummermill

Ultras are a type of sports fans renowned for their fanatical support and elaborate displays. They are predominantly European followers of association football teams. The behavioral tendency of ultras groups includes the use of flares (primarily in tifo choreography), vocal support in large groups and the displaying of banners at football stadiums, all of which are designed to create an atmosphere which encourages their own team and intimidates opposing players and supporters.
The actions of ultras groups can occasionally be overly extreme and are sometimes influenced by political ideologies or views on racism,[1] in some instances to the point where the original ideology of the ultras phenomenon, passionate and loyal support of one's team, becomes secondary.[2] In recent decades, the culture has become a focal point for the movement against the commercialization of sports and football in particular.[3]

From the internet.......... not me

theferret

Crystal Palace Ultras. Some people love it, some people hate it:

[video=youtube;7HeJe8GC024]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HeJe8GC024[/video]

nicksig

From my experiece - in Naples - yes

QUOTE=covboy9;354925]don't ultras smash up bars and stab people?[/QUOTE]

SkyBlueRyan

i think the crystal palace fans in that video are brilliant we really should be doing something like this! its exciting!

theferret

To be fair, that was a league cup semi final. Stick a camera on block 15 & 16 on Tuesday you could easily make 20 minutes of footage just like that.

It isn't very English, that's the reason why some object. I'm split on it tbh.

BackRoomRummermill

The palace lot looks like a well organised core bunch of around 200 maximum form the second part of the clip........... cov could do that surely . The bit at the start was awesome:p

pusbccfc

A few teams have commented on 'Singers Corner' calling us the 'Sky Blue Ultras', I know that's what a few Brum fans said last season.
We have/had similar things that make up Ultras, for example, we have scarves, drums and have had horns, smoke bombs and most of the time the fans in the corner sing throughout.
We certainly do away from home.

But the smoke bombs got stick, as does the drum plenty of time.
Without the drum, there's usually no atmosphere at all in the Corner.

SkyBlueRyan

maybe if we got a dedicated group of people to get this organised then others will follow suit?

doesnt take much, a scarf each a few flags and a couple of tifo's, along with some creativity in chants of course!

we definately have a core bunch of fans who are up for this!

theferret

With block 14, 15 and 16 you are almost there anyway, just lacks numbers most games. On a good night though - Blues at home this season and the 2 recent JPT games, the support from that part of the ground is quite impressive. Moving away fans closer would help the atmosphere no end in my opinion.

BackRoomRummermill

Ryan this is as good a time to start it up as any recent time in the last 30 odd years, my suggestion is get start it yourself with a few and others will follow , it will snowball. It is human tendency to do that.

Your on to a winner !!

SkyBlueRyan

as previously stated on the thread tuesday should be used as a catalyst. everyone should bring scarves to every game from now on :claping hands:

neilyboy67

wish we were more lively instead of just singing one song over and over

I agree we stand in block 16 and while us and 15 create the atmosphere at the ricoh, have you seen the palace ultras? fucking brilliant!!!!!!!!!! a big nod to euro style mad support, could it catch on? too right!

WestEndAgro

I'm in the Jaguar lounge on Tuesday, sitting on the halfway line, I'm going to unfurl my Coventry flag when they run out, everyone who has one must take it.

slyblue57

" wish we had a sky blue ultra, where fans would always bring scarfs, flags and banners and sing non stop with new and catchy songs.

wish we were more lively instead of just singing one song over and over! "

Great Idea love it ... apart from the Celtic fans bit lol Recon Tuesday will be the nite win draw or lose for an old style knees up and Im old enuff to remember great nites with the City PUSB

Dan Griffin

yeah i understand that its just we sing it too much. it would be more beneficial if sung when needed! start of the game, after a big goal...

Completely agree!! Annoys me so much, it's our club song, people try to start it so much and it just gets cringey after a while, surprised we havnt had fans singing "you've only got one song" yet

Mr pot

Wait till Tuesday when all the fairweather fans try to sing along but mumble the words knowing full well they're fairweather fans. :-*

Dan Griffin

Wait till Tuesday when all the fairweather fans try to sing along but mumble the words knowing full well they're fairweather fans. :-*

We're coventry city, we don't have fair weather fans were all there through thick & thin.....

Users who are viewing this thread