Sky Blue Trust (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

In Germany, all but two Bundesliga Clubs are owned by Supporters. In 49 years since that League was formed, not one Club has been declared insolvent.

I might be wrong, but I remember hearing somewhere that it is illegal for German clubs to have debt...

theferret

When the Swans Trust bought their stake, they were in League 2, about to be liquidated.

Yes I know, and it was a good thing they got involved and their trust is an excellent example of what can be achieved by fan involvement. My post above was more a response to the comments about how profitable they are.

RME

I might be wrong, but I remember hearing somewhere that it is illegal for German clubs to have debt...

I don't know whether that's true but it would be a good thing in England. We have seen far too many Clubs ruined by Get Rich Quick distant owners taking on absurd amounts of debt, paying players more than the Club earns, gambling on success. Hmm, sounds familiar.

Tad

Swansea are a PL club when all said and done and have much more favourable rent terms with the council. This is what their council leader said when it was suggested the rent be increased:

"We should be helping them to achieve more not taxing them on their success. As far as I am concerned the financial arrangements with regards to the Liberty Stadium are robust and appropriate. When the management company makes a profit then the council get their fair share. "We are also taking steps to ensure that high standards of maintenance are sustained.
"I do not want to take much-needed cash from the Swans that should be spent on strengthening the team and ensuring that they retain their Premier League status.
"The city stands to gain hugely from the success of the Swans in terms of investment , jobs, prestige and revenue. The council will also benefit from that dividend.
"I am not prepared to jeopardise that future by forcing the football club to pay more. We are here to help them not hinder them."

Can you imagine Mutton saying that?

That said, I am very much in favour of supporters owing a stake in their club.

What a great statement to make from Swansea's council. Shame we don't have a council that good.

Bill Glazier

Swansea are a PL club when all said and done and have much more favourable rent terms with the council

SISU is the problem. I have no doubt a new CCFC with SB Trust involvement will be able to ask for, and get, much better terms. At the moment nobody trusts SISU - I'd count my fingers after shaking hands with them. The club can only start again without SISU and with Trust part ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread