Sky Blue Trust (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Why?

Well tell me what they achieved last time they made a trust? Not a lot it seems? They were widely ridiculed from what I remember.

Tell me why SISU will care what the Trust say or do?

And, yes the protest a few months back was a complete and utter embarrassment. I respect the people for trying to do something but you're wasting your time.

If run properly they can have some effectiveness. Over 100 trusts own equity in football clubs. 20 clubs are owned outright and others have board representation. Swansea is quoted as one of the most successful trusts in positively impacting a clubs fortunes.

Gray

Why?

Well tell me what they achieved last time they made a trust? Not a lot it seems? They were widely ridiculed from what I remember.

Tell me why SISU will care what the Trust say or do?

And, yes the protest a few months back was a complete and utter embarrassment. I respect the people for trying to do something but you're wasting your time.

Typical coventry fan reaction. At least some people are getting off their arse to do sometimg about it! Shall we just wait until our club is no more? Or should we try do something about it?

ThisManHere

I understand it can be successful but with past experience of our Trust, Save our City etc (generally the same people involved I believe?) they usually look ridiculous, amateur and unorganized. Didn't the chap who ran the Save Our City campaign leave after a few weeks due to the group going in a different direction to the vision he had?

ThisManHere

Typical coventry fan reaction. At least some people are getting off their arse to do sometimg about it! Shall we just wait until our club is no more? Or should we try do something about it?

As I said...."I respect the people for trying to do something" Can you read?

Steve.B50

If anyone has any better ideas on how to try and save the club, then say something.

Your right, all anyone can do is try. Our other option is to do nothing and end up like Darlington, Rushdon or Rangers.

AGM on July 10th, then anyone who thinks they can do something is very welcome.

wingy

I understand it can be successful but with past experience of our Trust, Save our City etc (generally the same people involved I believe?) they usually look ridiculous, amateur and unorganized. Didn't the chap who ran the Save Our City campaign leave after a few weeks due to the group going in a different direction to the vision he had?

Not strictly true TMH ,he left the group as it wished to stay on the course started upon ,it was his approach that changed,also Save our city was'nt based on one persons efforts/ perceptions. There were plenty of others ensuring the profile of the protests were high ,perceptions on here and elsewhere were skewed in the aftermath by many who had never attended a meeting .No offence to Jan he's a good bloke doing his best as he sees fit for the club and this is'nt a side swipe ,but trying to change the direction of the group made it appear Shcitzophrenic ,losing focus and credibilty if it had any,if it served no purpose other than making those involved feel better expressing their utter consternation to events @CCFC then it was worthwhile,I shall be joining the Trust .

LBB your not a City fan.

This is an idiotic statement, and shows why the majority of CCFC fans have no time for the SBT.

SB50, I admire anyone who is getting off their backside to do something, but if you persist in comments which alienate anyone who raises any humour using the SBT name, or questions their action, then you are simply alienating the masses.

Quite rightly, anyone associated with the SBT has to rebuild some bridges after the fook up left by the last lot who 'ran' it....and naturally, you will have some fans who will be sceptical and may have a laugh or two at the SBT's expense...however, your reaction is unacceptable.

The SBT name is 'damaged goods', and I think you should have renamed it....alleged tickets for the hierarchy abuses, etc. naturally make fans wary of the SBT.

By making it to be a 'you are not a CCFC fan if you dare to question/mock/criticse the SBT' you are not helping the situation.

If you are one of the SBT hierarchy you should, quite frankly, know better...and highlight the behaviours why the majority of fans do indeed mock the SBT, if you are not in the hierarchy, then I suggest that Jan and the likes would not appreciate your denegration of your fellow fans.

Just a comment, so please take it as such, and as advice....rather than returning with a rant labelling me as anti-CCFC...which, as you clearly know, I am not.

SkyBlueScottie

Those wondering about Trusts and it is easy to get scynicle especially with the succesion of arseholes we have had running things here

Did they not soon spring back up into action once Jan started a group? I shall await with interest to actually see what happens.

For instance, I would like to know what happened to the joining up fees from the last trust, I believe that was £10, who got their hands on that?

gary_ccfcforever

That money is still held in the trust account, apart from 3 people this is an entirely new set of people behind the trust.

I think we need to move on from what happened with the old Sky Blue Trust, all we are asking for is for people to come to the agm on July 10th see what we are about and take it from there

ashbyjan

Cheever / LBB - no harm in a joke or two and I for one found the attitude of the old trust stuffy, uninspiring and over self important etc. Hopefully we can get the new one to be more inclusive and representative and above all effective.

I am still trying to track down the lock up with the wonky mosaic tables to get one to you LBB as you seem the sort of guy who would appreciate such a quality craftsman made article - £199 seems a fair price for a minted gentleman from Royal Leamington Spa!!!!!!

As Gary says this is a new start and maybe a new name is needed but we cannot change names easily as the Trust is a legally registered company, that is why we decided to take control of the existing Trust rather than start a new one.

The club is in dire trouble and the signing of a couple of hasbeens and neverwillbes doesn't paper over the crack as this will be paid for by Keogh and a few other departures. If you want to make a difference to the future of your club, or at least try to, then come along to the AGM see what we're about, put forward your ideas, energy and opinions and lets all move this thing on together. Lets not let SISU divide the fans as working together we can get our club back.

ashbyjan

Gary and the guys did a brilliant job and I tip my hat to them for a sterling effort. Despite the fact that the Godiva Festival, where the Trust had a stand booked, being cancelled they set up a stand in town and signed up nearly 200 new members. The overwhelming response was one of anger towards SISU and the state they had reduced our club too and wishing the Trust luck in our endevours to get something positive moving.

ccfcdan

I signed up on Saturday via the website, a couple of questions.....When do I get my pin badge,membership card and do I receive a card signed by the Board of the trust on me birthday? :D Keep up the good work guys!

hill83

I signed up in town on Saturday. Not sure who I spoke to though.

Users who are viewing this thread