Sky Blue Trust Meeting Notes (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Sky Blue Trust Meeting

Date: 6th June 2012 Venue: Squirrel, Coventry

Attendence: Approx 50

Board Attendence: John Fletcher, Rachel Brown, Kev Kelly
Apologies: Rachael King

Introduction from JF, explained that due to constitution they could only co-opt 3 members onto board as the elected members have to outnumber co-opted members. JF asked for nominations for co-opts and committee agreed to co-opt Steve Brown, Lionel Bird and Jan Mokrzycki.

Pompey Trust
Lionel had been in touch with Ian Peach the administrator of Portsmouth and he provided a couple of useful bits of information. One concerned the fear that SISU had the choice whether to put us in admin or liquidation – he stated that they did not have this choice and could not put us straight into liquidation and had to put us in admin first. This would give the Trust a chance to try and rescue the club before liquidation. He also said that should the club go into admin it is important that the Trust approach the appointed administrator as quickly as possible with a proposal, list of pledges and basically a plan. Need to get from administrator level of debt, list of creditors and assure them the Trust is a credible option. This is why we must have a plan in place just in case.

Blackburn Fans Investment Trust
There was some discussion about the feasibility of mirroring what the Blackburn fans are doing and simply putting together a bid for the club. Some had already looked at the very interesting www.brsit.co.uk and could see how this could work for Cov. It was agreed that a credible financial figure would be needed to give advice and head up such a venture along with accountants etc – a call would go out to find suitable individuals. Contact had been made with Supporters Direct as they are assisting Blackburn fans and they will put us in touch with the right people there next week. Also all the other parties would need to be approached such as the council, Higgs Charity, ACL etc but initially it was agreed that we should investigate the feasibility of such a venture before we commit to it.

Contact with Club
There was some debate as to whether the Trust should simply sever all ties with the club as they were simply SISU and therefore talking to them was futile. After some heated and passionate debate it was decided that it was impossible for the Trust to represent the fans views and concerns without talking to the club via the SCG but contact with SISU was at this stage pointless. Therefore the Trust would continue to attend the SCG, in fact increase its membership, and take up any other matters with the officers of the club directly in the interests of all fans. There was some discussion about how fans could raise issues they were concerned about with the Trust to take up on their behalf – these included an area on the website, a special e-mail address and having Trust representatives in indentified locations at the ground – one per stand.

Communication with Fans
The club is justifiably criticized for poor communication and the same can be leveled at the Trust so all new avenues of communication will be undertaken. We have been offered a new website design, hosting etc and this will be taken up. Also Trust would work on forging closer working relationship with the current Cov forums such as GMK, SBT and Cov Mad. `The facebook page is not controlled by the Trust at present so JF will make representation to the current holder to regain ownership. Twitter, mailshots etc will also be acted upon. JM was appointed temporary media contact until AGM when new appointments can be elected formally. Contact would be made with all local media outlets in Coventry and Warwickshire. It was pointed out that in areas like Rugby and Stratford the Cov Telegraph is not the primary news source and therefore other titles had to be contacted as well. Also contact with other supporters groups and the former players association would be undertaken.

Membership
One of the most important issues was the question of increasing membership numbers and gaining a credible amount of support from the fans. Many ideas were put forward including posters in pubs, clubs etc and a stand at the Godiva festival. A group volunteered to organize this.

Annual General Meeting
At the AGM formal elections etc will be held, the direction of the Trust formalized and many of the issues being discussed taken up as policy. AGM date set for Tuesday 10th July at 7.30 at the Squirrel.

Open Meeting
Open meeting to be held Wednesday 20th June at the Squirrel to progress all matters and everyone is invited. Prior to this there will be a board meeting.

JF closed the meeting and thanked all for their attendance.

Next meeting 7.30pm Wednesday 20th June, Squirrel, Greyfriars Lane, Coventry, CV1 2GY – All welcome please come along

Last edited:

theprince

I know computoring is the future but many fans especially of a certain age, 50+ are not computer literate and may not even have one, would it be feesible for a monthly newsletter to be established sometime in the future aswell as e-mails etc.

shmmeee

I know computoring is the future but many fans especially of a certain age, 50+ are not computer literate and may not even have one, would it be feesible for a monthly newsletter to be established sometime in the future aswell as e-mails etc.

Patronising much. I don't know many 50+s who aren't computer literate!

mattdp

There are many avenues available to maximise interest in the trust be you computer literate or not As suggested, a stand at the Godiva Festival or other events within city, casting a wider net with the press, e-mail newsletters, mail-shots with the free paper, local radio, getting local businesses to support the trust Anything to publicise the trust and its objectives has got to be a good thing

RogerH

The comments from the Pompey administrator are very interesting, I am sure SISU are aware of this, but it does show a path the Trust should follow. The more people with expertise we can get on board the better, together with a sound business plan. Not an easy task, but would be well worth it in the long run.

Macca

Sky Blue Trust Meeting

Date: 6th June 2012 Venue: Squirrel, Coventry

Attendence: Approx 50

Board Attendence: John Fletcher, Rachel Brown, Kev Kelly
Apologies: Rachael King

Introduction from JF, explained that due to constitution they could only co-opt 3 members onto board as the elected members have to outnumber co-opted members. JF asked for nominations for co-opts and committee agreed to co-opt Steve Brown, Lionel Bird and Jan Mokrzycki.

Pompey Trust
Lionel had been in touch with Ian Peach the administrator of Portsmouth and he provided a couple of useful bits of information. One concerned the fear that SISU had the choice whether to put us in admin or liquidation – he stated that they did not have this choice and could not put us straight into liquidation and had to put us in admin first. This would give the Trust a chance to try and rescue the club before liquidation. He also said that should the club go into admin it is important that the Trust approach the appointed administrator as quickly as possible with a proposal, list of pledges and basically a plan. Need to get from administrator level of debt, list of creditors and assure them the Trust is a credible option. This is why we must have a plan in place just in case.

Blackburn Fans Investment Trust
There was some discussion about the feasibility of mirroring what the Blackburn fans are doing and simply putting together a bid for the club. Some had already looked at the very interesting www.brsit.co.uk and could see how this could work for Cov. It was agreed that a credible financial figure would be needed to give advice and head up such a venture along with accountants etc – a call would go out to find suitable individuals. Contact had been made with Supporters Direct as they are assisting Blackburn fans and they will put us in touch with the right people there next week. Also all the other parties would need to be approached such as the council, Higgs Charity, ACL etc but initially it was agreed that we should investigate the feasibility of such a venture before we commit to it.

Contact with Club
There was some debate as to whether the Trust should simply sever all ties with the club as they were simply SISU and therefore talking to them was futile. After some heated and passionate debate it was decided that it was impossible for the Trust to represent the fans views and concerns without talking to the club via the SCG but contact with SISU was at this stage pointless. Therefore the Trust would continue to attend the SCG, in fact increase its membership, and take up any other matters with the officers of the club directly in the interests of all fans. There was some discussion about how fans could raise issues they were concerned about with the Trust to take up on their behalf – these included an area on the website, a special e-mail address and having Trust representatives in indentified locations at the ground – one per stand.

Communication with Fans
The club is justifiably criticized for poor communication and the same can be leveled at the Trust so all new avenues of communication will be undertaken. We have been offered a new website design, hosting etc and this will be taken up. Also Trust would work on forging closer working relationship with the current Cov forums such as GMK, SBT and Cov Mad. `The facebook page is not controlled by the Trust at present so JF will make representation to the current holder to regain ownership. Twitter, mailshots etc will also be acted upon. JM was appointed temporary media contact until AGM when new appointments can be elected formally. Contact would be made with all local media outlets in Coventry and Warwickshire. It was pointed out that in areas like Rugby and Stratford the Cov Telegraph is not the primary news source and therefore other titles had to be contacted as well. Also contact with other supporters groups and the former players association would be undertaken.

Membership
One of the most important issues was the question of increasing membership numbers and gaining a credible amount of support from the fans. Many ideas were put forward including posters in pubs, clubs etc and a stand at the Godiva festival. A group volunteered to organize this.

Annual General Meeting
At the AGM formal elections etc will be held, the direction of the Trust formalized and many of the issues being discussed taken up as policy. AGM date set for Tuesday 10th July at 7.30 at the Squirrel.

Open Meeting
Open meeting to be held Wednesday 20th June at the Squirrel to progress all matters and everyone is invited. Prior to this there will be a board meeting.

JF closed the meeting and thanked all for their attendance.

Next meeting 7.30pm Wednesday 20th June, Squirrel, Greyfriars Lane, Coventry, CV1 2GY – All welcome please come along

Admirable all this. Now I m thick as two short blanks so bear with me but us all this board stuff and what have you necessary? Perhaps the formality may put people off?

dongonzalos

Could the meeting be shown on web cam.
Or litened to at least if someone cant attend.

Then some monitor a live feed and ask questions from the live feed

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Have to bow to the Pompey administrators knowledge on whether or not we can go straight to a liquidation..... but i would like to know the basis/law/regulations of why they have to go to administration first just to be sure.

Nonleagueherewecome

Patronising much. I don't know many 50+s who aren't computer literate!

Believe you me, there are plenty of them. I once had to help one lady who when I told her to use the mouse, she picked it up and shook it at the screen!

Nonleagueherewecome

Have to bow to the Pompey administrators knowledge on whether or not we can go straight to a liquidation..... but i would like to know the basis/law/regulations of why they have to go to administration first just to be sure.

I've been saying on here for a year now that they can't just liquidate the club. Firstly if there are creditors, secondly it is a football club. Not a shop or a bank. If there is any possible scenario under which it can continue to exist, that has to be given an opportunity to happen. This may not be in SISU's interest, so it's not their decision to liquidate us.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I know that you have been saying it NLHWC ......... but until i see the actual Insolvency law or Football League regulation that backs it up then I am wary of believing it. The stuff I have seen from the Government Insolvency Service website says that administration is an alternative not a step between ..... you know me I like to see the facts :)

Sumo the Micky Quinn

As mentioned on another thread, Nuneaton Borough went straight into liquidation.

However if this was the case I'm sure the club/Sisu would have to go to the high court to get the club wound up.

I don't suppose the club would announce any such court appearence, Afterall us fans will be the last to know.

However would creditors, such as Harry Shaw (as an example) be invited to a court appearence? -Would this be the only way we know.

Is there any possiblity that (possibly Hoffman) could step in and save the club at a high court hearing?

dongonzalos

I know that you have been saying it NLHWC ......... but until i see the actual Insolvency law or Football League regulation that backs it up then I am wary of believing it. The stuff I have seen from the Government Insolvency Service website says that administration is an alternative not a step between ..... you know me I like to see the facts :)

Please dont mention the word fact

Nonleagueherewecome

Is there any possiblity that (possibly Hoffman) could step in and save the club at a high court hearing?

It could be what he and his investors are waiting for. I've suspected that since Ken Bruce was outed last year.

Nonleagueherewecome

I've read it many times in the past when clubs have been in trouble. The main reason for believing it to be fact (sorry, Dongonzalos!) is that if it wasn't, we'd have been liquidated already-as would countless other clubs by ruthless asset-strippers who have no real interest in the game.

stevo_ccfc

Admirable all this. Now I m thick as two short blanks so bear with me but us all this board stuff and what have you necessary? Perhaps the formality may put people off?

An official supporters trust requires a board and is also expected to file accounts etc as they are similar to a ltd company

dongonzalos

An official supporters trust requires a board and is also expected to file accounts etc as they are similar to a ltd company

bloody hell dont say that because if the trust starts struggling you know who will come in and start asset stripping! Jan willl be off to cardiff. The Sqiurel will find itself involved in some tough venue negotiations with SISU demanding half till money and half of the charity box on the bar.

Skyblue4u

I'm happy to join as long as you don't expect me to pay anything for probably a toothless organization like the trust was.

Users who are viewing this thread