Sky Blue Trust - Certainty of takeover (1 Viewer)

Houdi

Jun 7, 2011
Amazes me that some cannot see what an attractive proposal owning both ACL and CCFC could be.
Yep a loss making club,with virtually no assets,playing in the 3rd tier of English football,not owning their ground,with the prospect of starting next year with a points deduction,it is amazing that the queue to buy the club is not stretching down the Foleshill Road.:(

kg82

Jul 28, 2008
Changing the subject a bit as I'm not fully comprehending something. I've heard that if we get points deducted next season it could be 15+. That would be for going into administration, yes? So, why is that? Why more than the obligatory 10 points? Pompey have been in to admin 3/4 times in the recent past and haven't had more than the 10 points deducted. So why is there the potential of us getting more?

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham
If Hoffman, Elliott or Ranson involved at all, then I'm out.

Suspect they are, and the following definition of insanity would just about cover it:

"Insanity is repeating the mistakes of the past and expecting different results".

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
Yep a loss making club,with virtually no assets,playing in the 3rd tier of English football,not owning their ground,with the prospect of starting next year with a points deduction,it is amazing that the queue to buy the club is not stretching down the Foleshill Road.:(

Simple Example : CCFC = £10M + Ricoh = £30M ......... Total to pay £40M

You now own one club with stadium

J

Jack Griffin

No deal is done till the ink on the contract is dry & anyway SISU still own the club and for the forseable future it will remain like that unless the club is forced into admin and an administrator agrees a buy out by a new owner.

There are a lot of ifs in the above, sadly this saga is going to continue for a long time yet.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Changing the subject a bit as I'm not fully comprehending something. I've heard that if we get points deducted next season it could be 15+. That would be for going into administration, yes? So, why is that? Why more than the obligatory 10 points? Pompey have been in to admin 3/4 times in the recent past and haven't had more than the 10 points deducted. So why is there the potential of us getting more?
It is for coming out of administration. The owners will have been forced to go in and unless they agree to the new buyer the administrator will exit the club without a voluntary CVA.

Likely scenario. Also likely all 25 points is next season.

TurkeyTrot

Nov 12, 2012
I'm not saying they are, others are.
Effectively, I'm saying that these other people are lying and that they are full of there own importance.

Ahh, ok sorry.
Out of interest can you show me where they said negotiations are taking place?

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
It is for coming out of administration. The owners will have been forced to go in and unless they agree to the new buyer the administrator will exit the club without a voluntary CVA.

Likely scenario. Also likely all 25 points is next season.

That will stretch our loyalties, particularly for buying season tickets ! I'm going to delay buying mine for 48 hours. That will show them !!!!!!

Bluegloucester

Nov 13, 2012
Gloucestershire
I am trying to put a positive slant on this. If we get promoted this season and start next season in the Championship with 10pt deduction and then exit administration without CVA but a clean slate we would receive a further 15pt deduction. This would almost certainly relegate us back to L1 in season 14/15.
A better position than we are now in.

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
I am trying to put a positive slant on this. If we get promoted this season and start next season in the Championship with 10pt deduction and then exit administration without CVA but a clean slate we would receive a further 15pt deduction. This would almost certainly relegate us back to L1 in season 14/15.

Very positive. Well done, however ............................

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
If Hoffman, Elliott or Ranson involved at all, then I'm out.

Suspect they are, and the following definition of insanity would just about cover it:

"Insanity is repeating the mistakes of the past and expecting different results".

We'll be fed the line that those 3 were bullied into making reckless decisions by Joy Seppalla and Ken Dulieu.

Danceswithhorses

Mar 26, 2011
Coventry
Won't the 10pt deduction not be taken off us this year though ?
I thought the rules were there to stop any club gaining an advantage regarding the timing of an administration.

WillieStanley

Aug 28, 2011
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...out-of-coventry-city-takeover-92746-29312287/

I think this hints as to why it would be a bad idea for anyone to reveal who is interested in buying CCFC.

The fact that there are interested parties involved is nothing but good news at present. Right now, we don't need to know. The only potential buyers of the club who have revealed their intentions at this stage have turned out to be self-publicists and frauds. I'm happy to be in the dark about this to be honest. I can also see why board members of the Trust would have access to the information. Let's just unite and plough on, eh?

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...out-of-coventry-city-takeover-92746-29312287/

I think this hints as to why it would be a bad idea for anyone to reveal who is interested in buying CCFC.

The fact that there are interested parties involved is nothing but good news at present. Right now, we don't need to know. The only potential buyers of the club who have revealed their intentions at this stage have turned out to be self-publicists and frauds. I'm happy to be in the dark about this to be honest. I can also see why board members of the Trust would have access to the information. Let's just unite and plough on, eh?

Ahhh...The Trinity Media Group, it wouldn't be biased at all!! What about the conflict of interest with one of the company's directors?

WillieStanley

Aug 28, 2011
Ahhh...The Trinity Media Group, it wouldn't be biased at all!! What about the conflict of interest with one of the company's directors?

It's just a point that a partial reason for the last takeover not going ahead was that Delieu unprofessionally named the guy heading it up live on local radio. People have a right to confidentiality in the early stages.

coundonskyblue

Mar 24, 2011
<p>
<a href="http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/08/26/revealed-reason-why-gary-hoffman-s-investors-backed-out-of-coventry-city-takeover-92746-29312287/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/08/26/revealed-reason-why-gary-hoffman-s-investors-backed-out-of-coventry-city-takeover-92746-29312287/</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I think this hints as to why it would be a bad idea for anyone to reveal who is interested in buying CCFC.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The fact that there are interested parties involved is nothing but good news at present. Right now, we don't need to know. The only potential buyers of the club who have revealed their intentions at this stage have turned out to be self-publicists and frauds. I'm happy to be in the dark about this to be honest. I can also see why board members of the Trust would have access to the information. Let's just unite and plough on, eh?

Very sensible post.

If the trust come out and said wing Wong woo tong wanted to buy the club with his billions then we would all know its bullshit.

Waldorf

Jun 28, 2011
I'm not saying they are, others are.
Effectively, I'm saying that these other people are lying and that they are full of there own importance.
Just who are you saying is lying? Be careful who you accuse, because you could lay yourself (and Nick as owner of the site) to a libel charge.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Not if we enter administration after 28/03. We would be playing by their rules. We would also have enhanced Championship income for a season.

Wrong it will in that scenario be this season.

MFDoom

Feb 14, 2013
Just who are you saying is lying? Be careful who you accuse, because you could lay yourself (and Nick as owner of the site) to a libel charge.

Am I reading this correctly? Is one of those 'in the know' with the Trust threatening a forum poster and site owner with libel action?

WillieStanley

Aug 28, 2011

I used the word "Partial".

I didn't want to drag up an old issue, all I wanted to do was highlight the potential dangers of revealing information when a party doesn't wish that to be released. I'd much rather find out who it is either in the actual build up or even when the ink is dry. All this hammering for identities is either sheer impatience or jealousy of others being in the loop. I'm pretty sure it was only mentioned that there were interested parties so as to reassure the majority of us who really couldn't see there being a replacement in the wings, and not to have a gloat or a game of "I know something you don't know"

johnamcp

Mar 21, 2011
Ok, so the last time I posted I got shot down in seconds only to be proved I weren't bullshitting!!!!
So take of this what u will....

There are in fact 3 potential investors interested in the club, part or the main reason, should I say, ACL filed for admin. There not to fussed about the 1.3 mill as they were happy to take spread payments over a number of yrs, as we all know!!
Now, add this to the fact that council will never authorise the sale to sisu, sisu openly proving that investment isn't there main priority.
Im hearing that ACL purely did it as @ this moment in time there are 3 potential buyers interested. I don't know who. But they see it as an opportunity for both parties...

Ps I'm not part off the trust.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
Ok, so the last time I posted I got shot down in seconds only to be proved I weren't bullshitting!!!!

There are in fact 3 potential investors interested in the club, part or the main reason, should I say, ACL filed for admin. There not to fussed about the 1.3 mill as they were happy to take spread payments over a number of yrs, as we all know!!
Now, add this to the fact that council will never authorise the sale to sisu, sisu openly proving that investment isn't there main priority.
Im hearing that ACL purely did it as @ this moment in time there are 3 potential buyers interested. I don't know who. But they see it as an opportunity for both parties...

I also presumed ACL chose this moment as a solid investor was interested.

I think they would have done this move 2 months ago if they had an investor there.

Someone pointed out the complete change in attitude from ACL in recent times and put it down to an investor in the wings.

I think they are right

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham

I think they would have done this move 2 months ago if they had an investor there.

Someone pointed out the complete change in attitude from ACL in recent times and put it down to an investor in the wings.

I think they are right

Is it the Cypriot Sovereign Wealth Fund?

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
XTakeoverlg.jpg

Spencer

Mar 15, 2013

Anyone could say that.

I know a whole load of potential buyers (including myself). The problem is non of us have got any money but that doesn't stop the fact we're potential buyers!

ACL took this action because their tenant wasn't, and isn't likely to, pay the rent.

Any other reason that ACL may give for starting this action is purely bluster - the same as SISU threatening to liquidate.

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham

"The Sky Blue Trust is an independent, democratic, not for profit, supporters’ group which operates transparently and with membership open to all Sky Blues supporters."

Good to see that the guiding principles of the Trust are being upheld, with no "nudge,nudge, wink, wink" style shenanigans going on.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

I think they are right

So are you saying that they lied when thru said it was the liquidation threat?

All they really are doing is playing god with the club and will jeopardise promotion this season and condemn it to a relegation fight next just so someone picks up the tab.

Sensational allegation.

Is there any evidence?

Users who are viewing this thread