Sky Blue Sports & Leisure 2013 accounts (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Will try to stick to the facts disclosed in the accounts. This is a summary of the main points so wont include every little detail

Will also do the points from the Group not individual companies

- SBS&L owns 90.1% of Otium which owns CCFC H and CCFC Ltd (both of which are to be wound up)

- Directors report discloses the following that loan payments £1.18m are to Ticketus and are the final payments on that arrangement, To invest in Academy, Group under performed, first priority is sound finances not promotion, need to own a stadium
ARVO have put more money in but repayable December 2014. ARVO also taken £500k in non voting ordinary shares and £1.484m in non voting non redeemable preference shares. Since 31/05/13 Otium has acquired the assets and some liabilities of CCFC H and CCFC Ltd

- Audit Report. Includes a paragraph by the auditor highlighting the concerns about Going Concern (that doesn't mean the Group isn't in their opinion but there are doubts). Usual information about written confirmations from shareholders (includes ARVO) of intentions not to call loans in and to provide further finance. There is no contractual certainty that the funding is available however or that the loans wont be called in. There is therefore a material uncertainty that may cast doubt as to being a going concern

- Profit & Loss
- turnover £6.6m down from 10.8m in 2012
- direct operating costs 2.41m down from 2.52m
- staff costs 6.96m down from 9.91m in 2012
- administrative expenses (ie overheads) 4.14m down from 5.35m
- profit on sale of player registrations 1.65m (includes Turner I think)
- interest payments have increased from 1.26m to 1.81m
- tax charge £59,378

That leaves a loss for the financial year of £7,155,140 compared to £4,003,493 in 2012 - worse than I had guessed

- Balance Sheet
Fixed assets now stand at £554,088 compared to £1.9m in 2012. So at that point very little reportable contract value
current assets are 1.8m
the longer term debt (ie what was due to SISU investors and ARVO) has been reclassified from long term to due within 1 year. Makes an initial look at the accounts seem worse but seems to conflict with the intention not to call the loans in for the foreseeable future
- net current liabilities 45.2m at 31/05/13 in 2012 it was 9.1m (discrepancy due to reclassification of the debts to nearly all under 1 year)
- The Balance sheet shows a negative of 44.7m compared to 37.7m in 2012 like for like

Cash Flow Statement
Reveals that the Group received new loans (ARVO) of 5.4m in the year

Notes to the Accounts
- there is a detailed note regarding the going concern. Highlights the intention to fund and the forecasts and assumptions on income
- Turnover split as 2,996,143 match receipts and 3,575,626 commercial income (2012 3,550,702 and 7,275,282 respectively)
- operating lease costs in respect of property were 1,195,702 in 2013 compared to 1,659,021 in 2012. This will not all relate to the Ricoh some will be other rented sites such as for the Academy
- wages. Total costs down from 10,199,054 to 7,039,560 in 2013 (some is included in direct costs so that's why figure above slightly different). Total employees are 122 players and management, 41 admin and commercial 375 stewards (2012 was 102,45,and 362 respectively)
- remuneration paid to third parties for directors services 246,250 (total paid direct and indirect last year was 497,739)
- Interest charged on loans in year was 1,805,686 compared to 1,257,132
- there were player additions of £112,616 and contract disposed of had an original value of £4,750,000 (that is not what they got or the profit)
- the notes disclose that in that financial year the remaining amount in the Escrow account 315,218 was drawn down (the knock on from that is that in the year they paid 315k plus £10k per game x 23 = 545k in lease & licence and match day fees. (the rest was in the 2012 year end covering April & May 2012) )
- loans from SISU investors total 28,554,312 compared to 28,554,706 in 2012. So no additional funds from them. Interest of 456,667 is included in the accruals (creditors) relating to these loans (2012 was 256,667)
- ARVO loans stand at 11,653,000 (6,275,000 in 2012 was in CCFCH). Interest included in the accruals (creditors ie charged but not paid out by 31/05/13) was £1,328,417 (in 2012 accounts it was 218,893). There is also a further loan from ARVO £1.75m that remains unchanged from 2012. Interest on this second loan has been accrued at 233,333 in 2013 (2012 33,333)
- borrowings have gone up from 37,939,236 in 2012 to 42,132,865 and are all now due within 1 year
- at 31/05/13 there were no capital commitments
- since 31/05/13 the group has signed transfer agreement with net proceeds of 0.4m
- since 31/05/13 the group has drawn down a further 2.808m from ARVO. ARVO has option to take up 12.5% of the issued shares in payment

the bare bones

7m loss, 44.7m in the hole and concerns as to whether going concern unless further funding provided and loans not called in

worrying

Last edited:
OSB58, thanks for your excellent synopsis. Have Otium accounts appeared on Companies House records yet? I ask because my understanding is Otium now = football club with the liquidation of CCFC + Holdings (pending).

GaryPendrysEyes

A side issue but 'Total employees are 122 players and management, 41 admin and commercial 375 stewards' seem incredibly high numbers!!

Captain Dart

Wow! Surely SISU have screwed this up big time, losing £7M and paying £1.8M interest per year.

SkyBlueCharlie

OSB58, thanks for your excellent synopsis. Have Otium accounts appeared on Companies House records yet? I ask because my understanding is Otium now = football club with the liquidation of CCFC + Holdings (pending).

both Otium and ACL accounts are now available.

skybluesam66

i was told that real losses are closer to 2.5m - so not sure what to believe
as our accounts have always been a mess according to fisher

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Yes the Otium accounts are filed

- however by 31/05/13 Otium did not operate CCFC as such. Also the SBS&L Group accounts include all the transactions of Otium, CCFC H and CCFC Ltd when they are consolidated.

italiahorse

- however by 31/05/13 Otium did not operate CCFC as such. Also the SBS&L Group accounts include all the transactions of Otium, CCFC H and CCFC Ltd when they are consolidated.

Would I be right in saying that the period of our accounts that would show what happened with movements between CCFC Ltd and CCFC Holdings will never ever be seen?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Would I be right in saying that the period of our accounts that would show what happened with movements between CCFC Ltd and CCFC Holdings will never ever be seen?

That would be my opinion yes

Thanks again - if I'd engaged my brain first, I would have realised that myself!

Moff

This makes Fishers pomposity all the more startling, that a group of such supposed high brow professionals, can turn gold into shit in one easy step.

7 Million loss, which will be nothing compared to this years accounts, and yet the FA were satisfied that these incompetents had secure funding in place.

Its so depressing.

lordsummerisle

This makes Fishers pomposity all the more startling, that a group of such supposed high brow professionals, can turn gold into shit in one easy step.

7 Million loss, which will be nothing compared to this years accounts, and yet the FA were satisfied that these incompetents had secure funding in place.

Its so depressing.

To be fair though, more like turned shit into extremely runny diarrhea, not much gold in them thar hills!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
i was told that real losses are closer to 2.5m - so not sure what to believe
as our accounts have always been a mess according to fisher

All I can tell you is that these accounts prepared by the directors, signed by T Fisher and reported on by independent auditors show losses at 7m. If they are wrong then perhaps Mr Fisher would care to explain where they are wrong and why he signed them off as correct.

I suspect he is trying to say they include elements of settlement from previous tears to do with restructuring etc....... but those costs must be accounted for. I do not see that there is a "saving" due to previous years of 4.5m in these figures due to the effects of restructuring. Would be more than happy for him to explain properly though

shmmeee

So is the increased interest because of increased loans from ARVO?

What seems to be the main reason for the increase in losses? Reduced commercial income from L1?

Captain Dart

This is last year remember

This year they paid up several contracts, Bell, McDonald, McSheff & a few others, they will counter balance any savings on operating costs and the pie money, the ticket income has plummeted and there is virtually no sponsorship money. It is going to be harsh! Add to that increasing interest as ARVO have put more money in.

lewys33

This year they paid up several contracts, Bell, McDonald, McSheff & a few others, they will counter balance any savings on operating costs and the pie money, the ticket income has plummeted and there is virtually no sponsorship money. It is going to be harsh! Add to that increasing interest as ARVO have put more money in.

I think we can all agree it is depressing stuff ....... :(

Spionkop

The club, if it is at Sixfields next year, will collapse. I'd say there will have been about 800 paying fans at Northampton Sky Blues last night. It isn't sustainable. I don't care what Fisher says.

stupot07

Yep very true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

The club, if it is at Sixfields next year, will collapse. I'd say there will have been about 800 paying fans at Northampton Sky Blues last night. It isn't sustainable. I don't care what Fisher says.

We haven't been sustainable in my lifetime.

D

Deleted member 2526

"ARVO have put more money in but repayable December 2014"

Should we be worried about this?

Are they expecting vast amounts of money back at the end of this year?

duffer

Thanks OSB.

On this basis I'm going to propose that we get two independent valuations of the worth of SBS&L. That should get shot of the 'myths' around the value of it.

SISU should then sell the club for the average of the two valuations. I hope they've got change for a fiver. ;)

Voice_of_Reason

..................... and STILL the Football League buries it's head in the sand. I assume they have seen these accounts ? Has anyone asked them ? (Expect the standard fob off reply if so!).

DaleM

Oh dear. What a sorry state we are in . It's gonna get worse lads . Virtually no assets , interest payments alone more than this seasons gate receipts. We are fucked unless SISU win the JR and manage to get the Ricoh .
If they lose I can see oblivion for us .
Useless fecking arseholes .

chiefdave

I can't wait for the statement from the club explaining how these accounts show how well SISU are running the club and how everything is going in the right direction!

John_Silletts_Nose

..................... and STILL the Football League buries it's head in the sand. I assume they have seen these accounts ? Has anyone asked them ? (Expect the standard fob off reply if so!).

The statement from the football league was that they were given proof and assurances that CCFC could afford the move to Northampton and all losses would be covered during the 3 to 5 year timeline. This appears to be different to the lack of assurance on loans which exist in the accounts submitted.

Even if this was presented to the football league you are probably right to assume that they would not take any action to re-affirm previous assurances.

torchomatic

No assets. How true.

Oh dear. What a sorry state we are in . It's gonna get worse lads . Virtually no assets , interest payments alone more than this seasons gate receipts. We are fucked unless SISU win the JR and manage to get the Ricoh .
If they lose I can see oblivion for us .
Useless fecking arseholes .

Users who are viewing this thread