Sky Blue Song (1 Viewer)

nightowl1883

I can’t believe people want to drop the sky blue song and yet the Victor Torp song is getting sung.

pusbccfc

It was fucking incredible yesterday. Slightly oversung but seriously loud and passionate renditions.

joemercersaces

High time we brought back Alan Randall’s George Formby esque ‘Coventry City, Coventry City, We are the Sky Blues, Wherever we play, home or away, we’ll support you win or lose (repeat) City, City, we are the Sky Blues, City,City, we’ll support you win or lose’. Played when they came out in the early 70s

Covcraig@bury

High time we brought back Alan Randall’s George Formby esque ‘Coventry City, Coventry City, We are the Sky Blues, Wherever we play, home or away, we’ll support you win or lose (repeat) City, City, we are the Sky Blues, City,City, we’ll support you win or lose’. Played when they came out in the early 70s
It’s a no from me 🤦‍♂️

shmmeee

When was the last time we actually sang the right version for who were playing? Must be the Chelsea cup game?

Milne Out

We all know it’s not the best anthem style belter,
but giving a whole end at the CBS to away fans , stopped it from having that same effect as it did at HR, where there was only ever a smaller section for visitors.

The void area at HR was the old main stand ! But anyone old enough to remember the games when the main stand joined in as well, and PUSB echoed SO loudly and proudly around the whole stadium.
It’s our song, we know it’s not the best.
But we also know that because it’s not the best, that visiting fans REALLY hate it when we belt it out !
Def sounds better away from home than it does at the CBS, and we all hear it when tuning in on CWR or iFollow . And it always make me feel proud to be City

bigfatronssba

For me Live and Die in these towns has more passion , personal I prefer. And the full version.

WLADITT sung all the way through at random points during a game would sound absolutely shite.
It’s great as a prematch song, but nothing more than that

blunted

It's many many years since I've been able to watch City live, but I try to watch most matches online. Always great support, but when I hear the Sky Blue Song it really bugs me. Everyone starts at too high a pitch and it's soon up in the ultrasound region and painful to the ear. It was fine when Jimmy Hill introduced it at HR 60-odd years ago, but it was really brought home to me when I recently watched a repeat of the 1987 final, and the Sky Blue song was great, but for some reason over the years, it's just got higher and higher and way beyond the vocal range of most supporters. Was it the move to the Arena that caused the change?
Should we send everyone for singing lessons? Or have a singing exam before granting a season ticket? ;)
I put it down to tight trousers.

Captain_Slackbladder

When was the last time we actually sang the right version for who were playing? Must be the Chelsea cup game?
Bloody hell, who cares, it's our song, unique to our club. It is immediately recognisable to anyone who follows football as "Coventry" and has stood the test of time. When it is belted our passionately it is superb. Million times better than some re-hashed version of a song sung by every other team out there

shmmeee

Bloody hell, who cares, it's our song, unique to our club. It is immediately recognisable to anyone who follows football as "Coventry" and has stood the test of time. When it is belted outpassionately it is superb. Million times better than some re-hashed version of a song sung by every other team out there

Calm down I was just wondering.
W

olderskyblue

‘Go for it, Go for it CITEEE!’ accompanied cup run in 87 and seemed to work. 👍✅
That was just for the final wasn’t it?

I remember playing it at least every hour in work in Brum, the Monday after :ROFLMAO:

bigfatronssba

Users who are viewing this thread