Sky Blue Pool (1 Viewer)

skybluefred

Perhaps it's time to re-invent JH's sky blue pool because I'm sure Tony Mowbray
would use the extra income on team building.The old fund covered Warwickshire
and raised valuable money for the team.

ceetee

Remember it well. My mother was a collector and occasionally would get a couple of match tickets

Samo

How did it work?
I was thinking about this though... 2,500 fans give £20 each and that's 50k towards the playing budget. My £20 is on the table.

wingy

How did it work?
I was thinking about this though... 2,500 fans give £20 each and that's 50k towards the playing budget. My £20 is on the table.
Needed a lot of door knockers, my uncle used to do It. Chap called Arthur Pepper headed that stuff up back In the day, we were a tight club back then, talking 80's here.

CCFCKirky

How did it work?

That sounds like something I would be up for also, if it helps the club then it's worth a go

Samo

That sounds like something I would be up for also, if it helps the club then it's worth a go

I'm sure if we knew 100% it was going to the playing budget people would be up for it? Nick, can you organise it? How many members do we have? :D

stevefloyd

I done a sky blue pool round in the early seventies, I was 13 at the time ...I had forgotten all about it

SkyBlueSid

We were members of the Sky Blue Pool for years, pretty well from when it started until it finally packed up. I was never a collector because I did a Littlewoods round.

I knew a couple of people who were agents and spent a few boozy nights in the Agent's Bar at the ground. Anyone else remember it? Cheap beer in a sort of prefabricated Banbury Buildings place under the Sky Blue Stand in Thackhall Street at the Kop end.

Esoterica

Perhaps it's time to re-invent JH's sky blue pool because I'm sure Tony Mowbray
would use the extra income on team building.The old fund covered Warwickshire
and raised valuable money for the team.

On team building?! There's no fucking way I'm giving up my £20 so the lads can go on a paintball trip together. They'll all shoot Haynes anyway because he's ginger and it's the last thing he needs after his confidence was destroyed under Pressley. Ridiculous Idea.

skybluefred

I remember Jimmy Hill asked Rootes if they would supply him free gratis with six Hillman Imp vans painted in Sky Blue.
These where duly supplied and with the Sky Blue Pool on the side. These vans travelled far and wide and provided much
needed income for team building.

ms639

could you imagine the sh!t we'd get from other clubs for it. Playing coventry city today, the lads are turning up in big dave's ford galaxy and have got a bunch of apples for half time donated by the local greengrocer

have a word

Users who are viewing this thread