Sky Blue Player (1 Viewer)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I've received an email today telling me the monthly price will be increased by 30 pence to £4.29. In return they have said they will be providing 'near' HD quality videos and CoveritLive live chat.

I'm really please that they're improving the video quality, I think I actually sent them an email at the end of last season to say it needed improving. As for the chat room, I'm guessing it will be the same as what they had at the end of last season and I'm normally on here anyway during the games.

I've check the website and it's still got all the old details so I don't know if they're increasing the yearly subscription.

Email below:

Dear Ben

We are currently working on improvements to Sky Blues Player that will give you a much higher quality viewing and match day experience.

Key improvements include:

• Upgraded near HD video quality
  • CoveritLive live chat
For the new season it is necessary to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 11/08/2011 your subscription will start to be billed at £4.29 per month. That is an increase of just 30p per month.

We hope that you will continue to enjoy using Sky Blues Player in what promises to be an exciting new season for Coventry City and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.

CovScott88

I pay monthly for mine, so £4.29 it is. Would be good to see the videos in HD, I like watching the interviews with the players.

SkyBlueMania

Just got the email as well, HD sounds fantastic, the picture quality last season was pretty poor. Always had to watch the highlights on SBP though as BBC always made it out as if we were getting pummelled every game!

CovScott88

Just got the email as well, HD sounds fantastic, the picture quality last season was pretty poor. Always had to watch the highlights on SBP though as BBC always made it out as if we were getting pummelled every game!

Yea I noticed that aswell. All you would see would be a few clips of chances for the other team, then one clip of ours (if we scored).
Did seem a tad unfair.

pusbccfc

I just read what kev monks says on covg mad, he puts all the stories on there.
I don't need the highlights cause I just go on bbc, don't need it overall

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I just read what kev monks says on covg mad, he puts all the stories on there.
I don't need the highlights cause I just go on bbc, don't need it overall

Well as I live in Italy this is the only way for me to see the highlights (as least until I get round to sorting my satellite dish out). I'll be interested to see how big the improvement is because it does say near HD quality.

Also compared to the bbc highlights even if I was in the UK I think I would subscribe. Since January (to coincide with our slump!) they started providing extended highlights of nearly every game (upto about 20 minutes!). So much better than the crap on tv with fucking steve claridge and co.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
They already had chat on live games that didnt really funtion properly, so hopefully that will be improved. And hd quality is all fair and well but whoever is at the other end of the camera doesn't know how to use it. The majority of the videos are poorly framed and the camera work and editing is shoddy at best! I recall watching videos of chris coleman in front of a whiteboard yakkin on and the camera wasn't even straight and half of his head was cut off! The only thing its good for is the radio stream in my opinion. But 30p isn't the end of the world. I'll just use it on the odd month when I need a stream of the game.

Nick

Administrator
It always annoyed me that the sound would go off throughout games for ages :( Even with the best internet connection.

I did like watching the videos so might sign up again.

I keep emailing to ask if SBT can have any discounts, but never get a reply.

It always annoyed me that the sound would go off throughout games for ages :( Even with the best internet connection.

I did like watching the videos so might sign up again.

I keep emailing to ask if SBT can have any discounts, but never get a reply.
Ask brody!

Users who are viewing this thread