Sky Blue Bullshit Gone Wrong (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Want to pass on this piece of Bullshit Gone Wrong and interested to hear of any similar tales told that back-fired!

When I was about 12 years old (I'm now 51) we moved from Holbrooks to Earlsdon which meant I had to change schools and basically lost touch with any mates I had. I was a mad City Fan and had just been bought my first season ticket (had one every year until this season and have only watched them on TV or away from home since Shitfields became our home).
Anyway - I was playing football on my own in Butts Park when I was approached by a group of lads around my age asking me if I wanted a game.
Sure thing and suddenly football united me with some new mates - I was having a blinder running from the back like Graham Oakey then dancing past the opposition like "Hutch" on speed! - Second half I transformed into Jimmy Rimmer in goal leaping around like frog on a red hot stove!
Needless to say at the end of all this I went from Billy No Mates to everybody's new best friend and I was feeling pretty proud of myself.
At this point and for reasons I cant explain I made a fatal error of judgement on the BullShit front.

New Mate number 1 - So Gaz where have you moved here from?
Me - Norwich!
New Mate number 1 - Wow what school you going too and why did you move to Coventry
Me - Finham Park - Oh and my Dad plays for Coventry City! (In actual fact my Dad worked for Massey Ferguson) - This just came out but I was now on the slippery slope!
New Mates 1-2-3-4-5 Can you get us tickets?
Me - (Here we go) Yes no problem if my Dad cant get some I will ask my Uncle
New Mates 1-2-3-4-5 Wow Whos your Uncle
Me (This is where I bring in a JCB to dig an even deeper hole) Gordon Milne!

Now at this point I realised even at the tender age of 11 or 12 that I had gone too far and was panicking about how the hell I would get out of this hole I had dug myself.
I eventually made a quick exit from Butts Park with the excuse that I needed to get home for Sunday dinner and bombed it up the entry toward my street eventually getting home through the back door.

An hour later there was a knock on the front door and my Dad came in saying that a group of kids were asking for David Crosses Autograph!!!! What the f**ks going on?
At this point I had to fess up to my Dad and begged him (My real Dad) to say that my Dad was out....
My Dad - Sod that you little bugger! (and he dragged my to the front door and watched while I had to confess to all my new found mates that Id made it all up)

Things eventually died down (after about a month) and I was allowed back into the group however I had to live with the nickname Crossy Milne or Crossy or Milney for the next 4 years.

Id forgotten all about this until 2 days ago when I was in Tescos in Warwick and I heard a shout go up behind me "Bloody hell its Crossy Milne!"

It was one of my old mates I hadn't see for 20 years - we had a laugh about this and I thought Id share my shame on here with the hope of some redemption and forgiveness from my Sky Blue brethren.

What do you think? - Am I damned for all time or what?

Tonylinc

Thought that I had stumbled upon "Drive Time", confessions there!!! No mate your forgiven. We all have those thoughts in our younger days. The difference is that you carried them through. Good on you.

dongonzalos

Just shows how one little lie can escalate and escalate until the other side eventually call your bluff.............

GaryJones

Phone rings...........................................................

Is that Gary?
Me Yes whos speaking?
Its Tim Fisher here and I was wondering having read your post on Sky Blue Talk - Do you think my new mates will forgive me and start talking to me again any time soon?
Me Why do you ask?
Tim Well Ive told a couple of tiny white lies and nobody wants to talk to me any more!
Me Emmm Well Tim I don't think you've much chance unless your Dad drags you by the ear in front of 7000 of your new mates this weekend and you fess up!

With that he hung up!

Watch carefully on Saturday and if you see a white haired Old Man dragging Timmy into the centre circle I think you know whats coming!

CJ_covblaze

Love stuff like that! My dad got 4 tickets in November 86 for the 87 cup final through the Birmingham FA. When May came he had the horrible realisation that they were in the Spurs end! Whilst outside Wembley he was asking around And he somehow managed to come across 4 Spurs fans with tickets in our end.

They swapped over and he didn't think anymore of it. This was until we were sat in the pub with some Spurs fans before the played us in the League Cup around 2002. Whilst talking about 87 it dawned on everyone they'd met before!

Great how football brings people together.

bringbackrattles

There used to be lad who played over the fields with us called Bill who was a terrible liar.
He told some whoppers but after a while we let him get on with it.I was in a pub in town years ago and who was in there but Bill.I said bloody hell it's Billy Bull Shitter !He didn't have a clue what I meant. we had a good drink anyway and he turned out to be a good bloke.

wingy

I went to school with the 3 Milne lads who still live in Burbage, as does Gordon, really nice family....
Gordon,What a great coach/manager he was ,just wish he had been able to carry on after that narrow FLC semi defeat ,and kept that team of Kids together.

Hobo

Gordon,What a great coach/manager he was ,just wish he had been able to carry on after that narrow FLC semi defeat ,and kept that team of Kids together.
He was at the club some time, we need that sort of stability now. We need it behind the scenes as well.

oldfiver

Was it David Cross who nearly got sent off in the first 10 minutes of his debut?

Studs high into the goal keepers chest and only got a warning from the ref?

Samo

There used to be lad who played over the fields with us called Bill who was a terrible liar.
He told some whoppers but after a while we let him get on with it.I was in a pub in town years ago and who was in there but Bill.I said bloody hell it's Billy Bull Shitter !He didn't have a clue what I meant. we had a good drink anyway and he turned out to be a good bloke.

Billy Liar? Really?

hill83

This one kid told us he never goes to games when we were at the Ricoh but had a strong opinion about Edjenguele last season.
So he said he saw him play on a live stream on the Internet, a game which was never on. What a lie that was. Guffaws a plenty.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
There was a real bad one in my class at school but one turns out to be quite funny now we are older

Michael Jackson went to his birthday party (wouldn't admit to that now would you)
His Dad had a helicopter

What a tool!

GaryJones

Thank you All - I feel forgiven!

Spionkop

Speaking of that Gordon Milne era, it seems like a golden period looking back. A manager at a club for ten years. Wow. And all those young players, Blair, Thomas, Gillespie, the talented but wayward Bodak, the talented but just as wayward English. Hateley & co. That team was just kids, apart from Gerry Francis, Daly, Steve Hunt.
Dead right, stability, a youth set up. People like Bert Edwards if I recall correctly. A club at the heart of the community. Sigh.
I sat right behind Ron Greenwood in the second leg at West Ham. Honest.

CJ_covblaze

Talking of David Cross, wasn't it him who got his leg snapped in half by Norman Hunter and was promptly told by Bite Ya Legs that he's lucky as he was trying to break both?

Users who are viewing this thread