Sky Blue Aintree Grand National Connection. (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

OK.. lets look for connections at today's Grand National. Just a little light fun to relieve our plight and anxieties this afternoon... my moneys on:

West End Rocker-- Ridden by jockey Hutchinson.. trained by A King(like my heart over over out team!!)... any other tips for today's national.....sky blue or otherwise?:wave:

I might have a reverse each way forecast, with "Treacle" given my Nuneaton location!!:pointlaugh:

:blue:

cornoccfc

Put money on shakalakaboomboom to win. Just because.

That's skyblue / navy blue stripes!
_59514733_shakalakaboomboom.jpg

Oh

and TATENEN is owned or maybe ridden by Andy Thornton

Last edited:

CovClaire

Had already put a bet on Shakalakaboomboom without even realising what the shirt colours were! Also had a bet on BecauseIcouldntsee, which you could say has a vague connection with our team this season

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Cappa Bleu: French for "Wrapped Blue". C'mon you Blue Boys!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
BECAUSEICOULDN'TSEE: SISU's constant excuse?

1. Neptune Collonges 33-1 2. Sunnyhillboy 16-1 3. Seabass 8-1jf 4. Cappa Bleu 16-1 5. In Compliance 100-1

if we finish 4th from bottom AKA Cappa Bleu... I will be a very happy man along with my fellow sky blues...:p

The Reverend Skyblue

Not to bad an afternoon, what with Cov's point and i picked the winner at the National winning £340. I could'nt watch the run in as it looked like any of the 5/6 horses could win it after the last fence, but i screamed the house down when it was confimed as winner.

What to do with £340, well i could buy the skyblues 340 times over or more sensibly waste it on wine women and song, or another words a good night out and the rest on a quality bottle of whisky.

The Rev

Not to bad an afternoon, what with Cov's point and i picked the winner at the National winning £340. I could'nt watch the run in as it looked like any of the 5/6 horses could win it after the last fence, but i screamed the house down when it was confimed as winner.

What to do with £340, well i could buy the skyblues 340 times over or more sensibly waste it on wine women and song, or another words a good night out and the rest on a quality bottle of whisky.

The Rev

Great stuff The Rev... slow horses and fast women.....along with a sky blue passion.. the crosses I have to bear:facepalm:

Guys you could have shared your instincts before the off at Aintree.. long may your luck continue though.. starting on Tuesday at the Ricoh.. next Saturday at the same venue and then the following Sunday at the ding dong dell...keep your lucky pants on.. or whatever it is that brings you charm...;)

Grendel

Ban This Squalid Event Now

So again another year goes by and again two more horses are sacrificed in the name of sport. So what eh? As long as all the offices have had their sweepstakes, everyone has had a bit of fun what is the life of 2 noble equine creatures worth?
We are supposed to mourn the passing of an obscure Italian footballer (and indeed the civilised amongst us truly will) but the death of contributors to our national spectacle will be ignored.
Humanity sometimes should be ashamed of themselves.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It is bad that horses lose their lives in a so called 'sport'. I think synchronised must have known today wasn't going to be his day, what with him running off before the start! Shame the pros still felt it appropriate for him to run!

Who was the other one that lost their life?

Grendel

It is bad that horses lose their lives in a so called 'sport'. I think synchronised must have known today wasn't going to be his day, what with him running off before the start! Shame the pros still felt it appropriate for him to run!

Who was the other one that lost their life?

I don't know I can't bear to look at it - to me it's the equivalent of watching gladiators fight lions. I heard on the radio. No other animal would be whipped, kicked and forced to endure far more than it is physically capable in the name of sport. It's disgusting.

Skyblue4u

Maybe if two jockeys had died today the powers that be might of actually noticed and sorted out this barbaric event we call sport

Grendel

Maybe if two jockeys had died today the powers that be might of actually noticed and sorted out this barbaric event we call sport

How right you are. I have just heard the winning trainer say people die in sport. What a tosser. They don't. If any sport had an event where the average death rate is 5 to 10% it would be banned and the organisers prosecuted for manslaughter. I am outraged.

Grendel

People choose to do sport where as race horse's don't get that luxury,indeed a tosser of the highest order

Interesting that no one has yet posted a defense of this revolting bloodsport. I am sure many reading have placed bets, been in sweepstakes etc. I would love to hear the justification for this barbarism,

rob9872

So again another year goes by and again two more horses are sacrificed in the name of sport. So what eh? As long as all the offices have had their sweepstakes, everyone has had a bit of fun what is the life of 2 noble equine creatures worth?
We are supposed to mourn the passing of an obscure Italian footballer (and indeed the civilised amongst us truly will) but the death of contributors to our national spectacle will be ignored.

and they along with the other 38 runners who are enjoying a great life and will continue to do so would not have been born if it were not for racing. They are bred into a sport that has dangers (including for the jockeys) but its a great sport and I guess you simply don't get it. Btw - are you a vegetarian? I know most who complain about racing continue to eat meat and don't bat an eyelid - go on pretend you're not a hypocrite.

cornoccfc

and they along with the other 38 runners who are enjoying a great life and will continue to do so would not have been born if it were not for racing. They are bred into a sport that has dangers (including for the jockeys) but its a great sport and I guess you simply don't get it. Btw - are you a vegetarian? I know most who complain about racing continue to eat meat and don't bat an eyelid - go on pretend you're not a hypocrite.

Spot on!!!!

2 equine creatures vs the joy it brings the whole country taking part in such national treasure that is horse racing. These horses are bred for sport and would not exisit without it.

Grendel

and they along with the other 38 runners who are enjoying a great life and will continue to do so would not have been born if it were not for racing. They are bred into a sport that has dangers (including for the jockeys) but its a great sport and I guess you simply don't get it. Btw - are you a vegetarian? I know most who
complain about racing continue to eat meat and don't bat an eyelid - go on pretend you're not a hypocrite.

I am not a hypocrite. I am an active campaigner for compassion in world farming. This acknowledges the farming of animals for food but in an acceptable and humane manner.

Johnnythespider

I had a fiver on the nose of the winner, thank god i put it on the nose as that was the part that won the race.:facepalm:

Grendel

2 equine creatures vs the joy it brings the whole country taking part in such national treasure that is horse racing. These horses are bred for sport and would not exisit without it.

Crap. What knowledge do you have on this subject, do you own horses? Do you take any interest in how race horses are used and abused for your self interest? No I didn't think so.

rob9872

In other words you eat meat then. If you think animals being killed for your food is fine but not for sport is how you manage your consience then fine but lets not pretend you're right. I guess you know how much space a free range chicken requires for it to be considered so, but its not much. All one big con. Is it a shame for the horses? Of course it is, but your argument is so weak.

Oh and btw you're such an active campaigner that on over 1800 previous posts you never mentioned it.

rob9872

Crap. What knowledge do you have on this subject, do you own horses? Do you take any interest in how race horses are used and abused for your self interest? No I didn't think so.

I have part owned horses and am also aware of how the sport is run. If anything it is too well regulated these days.

Grendel

and they along with the other 38 runners who are enjoying a great life and will continue to do so would not have been born if it were not for racing. They are bred into a sport that has dangers (including for the jockeys).

So if in a grand prix 1 person died every race would this be deemed as acceptable! I do not. You say they are enjoying a great life. So would motor racing drivers. Fact is any sport that involved a human fatality rate of 5% would be banned. You know it so do I. Do you know race horses had a great life? Are you actively involved in charities that look after them when they are abandoned? I am and I do.

What a weird discussion....you beat me too it on that one Rob. Animals given the choice of being eaten or not would probably choose to not be eaten surely?

The grand national is as institutional as turkeys at christmas and some countires eat horses whilst we choose to ride them in a competetive nature.

Grendel

I have part owned horses and am also aware of how the sport is run. If anything it is too well regulated these days.

I don't part own I fully own 3.

Skyblue4u

If it wasn't for a dodgy condom or your mother's getting the shits on the pill I doubt you would have been "bred" either. Pathetic attempt to justify a disgusting "sport"

Grendel

What a weird discussion....you beat me too it on that one Rob. Animals given the choice of being eaten or not would probably choose to not be eaten surely?
The grand national is as institutional as turkeys at christmas and some countires eat horses whilst we choose to ride them in a competetive nature.

I choose not to eat the horses I own. I love and care fir them as part of my family. Slavery used to be part of our institution so did that make it right!

Users who are viewing this thread