Sixfields - you'll like this! (1 Viewer)

Neutral Fan

The East Stand is now half built. Double-decker etc. Would make the ground nice and smart...but work has stopped!

Not quite sure why, NTFC very quiet. But it seems your old mucker Cardoza is into legal issues about it all. Rumour is £10m of the £12 loan from the council is already spent...but unfinished stand and no hotel etc.

Seems another club owner/property developer is making the clubs supporters angry. Maybe he's missing SISUs 150k a year rent!

Club owners ... don't you just love 'em eh?

skybluetony176

Someone has posted on "The Hotel End" that the club according to FOI requests on Northampton council have drawn down £10M of illegal state aid, sorry, I mean the council loan on the redevelopment that was supposed to cost £6M. No idea if it's true or not but that's what was posted.

wingy

Don't get much for the money do you ,Imagine how far £25M goes .

You know I think Daniel Gidney Quoted £24M when the question was first asked ,what a bargain.

hill83

Don't give a single fuck. Isn't it time you and your tedious Northampton shit moved on?

Sbarcher

Karma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Gibson's perm

Every day that passes the new stadium gets less likely and they have left the village idiot in charge of building it a man who is obviously number blind.

I am glad it is going wrong at Northampton maybe Joy fancies a new project she has had a practice at ruining a football club here why not try another.

martcov

Why all the anger at Northampton?

It isn't though, is it? It is the same as "why all the anger at the council"? They were just doing business weren't they?
No. It's who can we blame for our demise? Instead of the blindingly obvious - the people in charge of the club and it's destiny - let's attack the ex-landlords ( Northampton and ACL/CCC ). The New problem though, is the team Performance- how do we blame them for that?

I'm waiting.......

Nick

Administrator
No. It's who can we blame for our demise? Instead of the blindingly obvious - the people in charge of the club and it's destiny - let's attack the ex-landlords ( Northampton and ACL/CCC ). The New problem though, is the team Performance- how do we blame them for that?

I'm waiting.......

What are you waiting for? Why would somebody blame Northampton for the team performance?

Noggin

Why all the anger at Northampton?

I've never understood it, sure it would have been nice if Northampton had said no you can't play here but I have no issue with them doing what they thought was best for themselves and saying yes, we should have been demanding our own club act in its own best interests not berating another club for doing the same.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly. The same goes for the demise of CCFC.

It isn't though is it? As more than one party can have an influence over what happens to the club off the pitch. Whereas Northampton Town have nothing at all to do with what happens on the pitch for us. The same as nobody blames the council for Jordan Willis having a howler and giving a goal away.

Nick

Administrator
Some people blame the landlords for Wasps being here - but they are as guilty as Northampton are for the Performance. The real Culprits are the owners. The Buck stops there.

How do you work out it is the same Northampton are for our on the pitch performances.

Like you say, they are the landlords, they choose who is here. They have full control over who play at the Ricoh.

Are you saying Northampton have a big remote control and play our games for us like it is Fifa?

It is nothing alike at all.

martcov

How do you work out it is the same Northampton are for our on the pitch performances.

Like you say, they are the landlords, they choose who is here. They have full control over who play at the Ricoh.

Are you saying Northampton have a big remote control and play our games for us like it is Fifa?

It is nothing alike at all.

No. I am saying that, if our defenders leave Oldham's strikers with an open goal, we shouldn't blame the striker who scores the goal. We should blame the defenders - it's their job not to leave an open goal. In other words don't blame landlords or Wasps for our owners' failures.

skybluetony176

Anyhow. Meanwhile back on topic, apparently the building work is due to start again next week.

They must have acquired some more illegal state aid, err I mean funding through the local council ;)

Nick

Administrator
No. I am saying that, if our defenders leave Oldham's strikers with an open goal, we shouldn't blame the striker who scores the goal. We should blame the defenders - it's their job not to leave an open goal. In other words don't blame landlords or Wasps for our owners' failures.

Is anybody blaming the council or Wasps for us hiring Andy Thorn? Is anybody blaming them for selling Callum Wilson?

I am not sure what point you are trying to get at. People are blaming Wasps and the Council for allowing a Rugby team to be moved that could damage other clubs in the city, just after the council gave moving talks about how clubs belong in their city etc.... So yes, Wasps and the Council deserve some blame for them moving here. Unless Joy held them all at gun point or something with Fisher and Waggot as her armed backup?

This is just another shit attempt at a "Let's blame the club and owners for everything that happens in the world" effort isn't it?

martcov

Is anybody blaming the council or Wasps for us hiring Andy Thorn? Is anybody blaming them for selling Callum Wilson?

I am not sure what point you are trying to get at. People are blaming Wasps and the Council for allowing a Rugby team to be moved that could damage other clubs in the city, just after the council gave moving talks about how clubs belong in their city etc.... So yes, Wasps and the Council deserve some blame for them moving here. Unless Joy held them all at gun point or something with Fisher and Waggot as her armed backup?

This is just another shit attempt at a "Let's blame the club and owners for everything that happens in the world" effort isn't it?

no.

skybluetony176

I am not sure what point you are trying to get at. People are blaming Wasps and the Council for allowing a Rugby team to be moved that could damage other clubs in the city, just after the council gave moving talks about how clubs belong in their city etc....

SISU have to take the blame. They own the club. They drove the club down the road it's on, no one else. Every action has a reaction. If you keep advertising that you've moved on and are building your own stadium don't be surprised if someone buys your old one.

Nick

Administrator
SISU have to take the blame. They own the club. They drove the club down the road it's on, no one else. Every action has a reaction. If you keep advertising that you've moved on and are building your own stadium don't be surprised if someone buys your old one.

It was never their old one.

The council own it, the council sold to Wasps, not SISU. That is why the Council and Wasps have to take some of the blame. They weren't forced to move a Rugby club were they? Yes SISU have fucked about so need to shoulder some of the blame also.

I understand actions have a reaction, but if I call you a plonker and it makes you angry and you go out and stab somebody, it doesn't quite make it my fault for the stabbing does it? People still need to take some of the blame for actions rather than just pile it all on the club. (Even though the club do have shares in blame in most things).

Maybe you can try and blame Northampton town for some of our results? It is quite obvious people are blinded to some things.

People are angry at Northampton for letting us play there, but think the Council were just doing business to allow Wasps here. Which is it, business or anger?

skybluetony176

Off course it's our old one. Don't be stupid. It was built for us and we were the anchor tenant until very recently. That really is the stupidest thing you've ever said.

No idea what you're going on about next. You seemed to have lost the plot.

Why would I blame NTFC for our results any more than I would blame CCC. I've already told you that the buck stops with SISU. A fact some people are indeed blind to.

Nick

Administrator
Off course it's our old one. Don't be stupid. It was built for us and we were the anchor tenant until very recently. That really is the stupidest thing you've ever said.

No idea what you're going on about next. You seemed to have lost the plot.

Why would I blame NTFC for our results any more than I would blame CCC. I've already told you that the buck stops with SISU. A fact some people are indeed blind to.

By ours I meant owned.

Why have I lost the plot. It was an example along the same lines.

The thing about the results was in reference to marts postings.

Ok, I'll take your word for it that sisu forced acl to sell to wasps at gunpoint and they have no blame at all. I'll also start shouting abuse at joy if one of our players miss a penalty. Get a bit of perspective.

skybluetony176

Nick ! yes or no, would you have sold the Ricoh arena to SISU ?

I know that you didn't ask me but ......

I don't think realistically that was ever an option. Given that SISU couldn't muster up a counter offer and JS said publicly that they wouldn't stand in the way SISU clearly don't have the financial backing to buy the Ricoh or a share.

All they can afford is the gamble of the JR. Win and get your costs back and negotiate a knock down too free deal for the Ricoh as a compensation package or what my guess would be, pursue the JR as a bluff to get the council to accept a low figure for the Ricoh on the basis of dropping embarrassing JR so the fabled "smoking gun" doesn't come out to the public at much costs to the council members. Only there was no smoking gun and the council called SISU's bluff.

skybluetony176

By ours I meant owned.

Why have I lost the plot. It was an example along the same lines.

The thing about the results was in reference to marts postings.

Ok, I'll take your word for it that sisu forced acl to sell to wasps at gunpoint and they have no blame at all. I'll also start shouting abuse at joy if one of our players miss a penalty. Get a bit of perspective.

Funny how you say "get a bit of perspective" after saying I said "SISU forced ACL to sell to Wasps at gunpoint" when I clearly said no such thing ever. Perhaps you should go for a lie down.

Nick

Administrator
Funny how you say "get a bit of perspective" after saying I said "SISU forced ACL to sell to Wasps at gunpoint" when I clearly said no such thing ever. Perhaps you should go for a lie down.

It was quite clearly referring to my last post where I said if they had done that then I could understand they are fully to blame, to which you replied about them still being fully to blame ;)

torchomatic

I'm not Nick obviously, but if I was answering that question I would say yes. Still the best chance of getting rid of them, I think. Also, they own the club whether we like it or not. I'd rather them have it than a Maltese Hedge Fund on behalf of a team from London. At least SISU own our team!

Nick ! yes or no, would you have sold the Ricoh arena to SISU ?

skybluetony176

It was quite clearly referring to my last post where I said if they had done that then I could understand they are fully to blame, to which you replied about them still being fully to blame ;)

Was it? You know that if you're referring to a previous post you can multi quote.

You're still putting words into my mouth. Pointing out that someone has said that they've moved on and are building their own stadium and then following on by saying that they won't step in the way of another party doing a deal for the Ricoh is nothing like saying they made them do the deal at gun point as you insinuated I did.

The truth is SISU did such a good job at advertising the availability of the Ricoh I'm surprised that they're not looking for commission. They were as good as any estate agent I've ever used and I've always had to pay a commission. Hell, they even forced the owners to admit on TV that they'd listen to any serious offer. Turns out there was only one and guess what? It turns out that there was a deal to be done.

So who's fault was it that CCC only received one offer? CCC? ACL? Wasps? Every manager since and including Gordon Strachan (except Robbins apparently)? MM? BR? JE? JD? The fans? Or maybe, just maybe SISU's?

No it couldn't be SISU. The judge got it wrong and they are the innocent victim! Please!

Users who are viewing this thread